Kid reviews for Twilight Zone: The Movie

TV show is much better; some mature themes, violence.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham January 3, 2015

Twilight Zone: The Movie by Christopher Graham

I thought that this film was a pretty decent and surprising movie to sit through. I loved the premise, the cast, and the direction of each segment. The first two segments (directed by John Landis and Steven Spielberg) were so predictable and so boring that I feel that these two don't strongly agree to us that we have really entered into another world like the television show did by its incredible writing and purposes. The last two segments (directed by Joe Dante and George Miller) were so pointed and so much better than the other two because these two fully describe to us that we have entered into the 5th dimension, the right way. Overall, I thought this movie was really good thanks to the last two segments and of course the prologue with Dan Aykroyd and Albert Brooks. I believe that this particular movie is not for little kids based on its scary moments but I strongly recommend this movie for older teens and even adults, if they are fans of the original show.

Kid, 9 years old March 9, 2013

The Twilight Zone: A review for parents

I saw The Twilight Zone with Rod Serling with my mom, and this movie was a great accomplishment. Personally, I loved this film and everything in it. Although this film's first segment, titled "Time Out", is loaded with racist slurs against blacks, Jews, Arabs and Asians, the rest of the film is spectacular. My favorite segment is "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet", where John Valentine, an author flying to Los Angeles, spots a sadistic gremlin tearing apart the wing of the jet he's flying in. The plane crew writes Valentine off as insane and straitjackets him when the jet lands. Overall, this film was great, Joe Dante was great, George Miller was great, Steven Spielberg was great and John Landis was great. The four directors made an awesome terror flick and I'm glad I watched this.

Teen, 14 years old Written byRydog2013 October 12, 2013

Twilight Zone The Movie

I am 12 and when I watched this movie I wasn't really scared, the only part that was a bit freaky was when you could see the gremlin really up close in segment 4. I am not a Twilight Zone fan (yet) but I thought this movie is pretty good (this is coming from someone that has nightmares when he watches the trailer of nightmare on elm street) but I think this movie would be fine for kids 12 and up.

Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

twilight zone the movie rating

i think this is a great movie for ages 10-21. i am 9 and have seen this

Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2012

Best of the twilight zone

I loved this twilight zone even though there was violence, drinking, and tons of swearing. The show is OK, but this movie is better.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar March 11, 2012

Very Solid

This is a great movie. The show is better, but this is worth watching. There is a chance that you will have a talk to your kids about racism after watching this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 October 28, 2011

Read

Change Rated PG-13: Racial Mentions, Language, and Violence

Teen, 13 years old Written byigamer June 9, 2011

Okay...But will NOT live up to Original Twilight Zone Fans expectations. .

Okay, FYI, this is coming from a Twilight Zone fan so don't worry, I know what I am talking about. There are four segments. Which are like four different shows all in one DVD. So let me start with the beginning scene and go on from there. BEGINNING SCENE: I suggest you just skip this one. It is a little frightening and in my opinion, pointless. Just a waste of time. They use the words H*** & D***. SEGMENT 1: Personally, I suggest skipping this one as well. This guy is a racist and makes sure we know that. He says a whole lot of slang at Jews, blacks, you name it. Not to mention all the curse words listed below. However, he does get what was coming to him. Still, it just doesn't justify all that he said. P***ed, b****rd, da*n, Misuse of Jesus. Jew slang. H*ll, Misuse Christ. Ni**r. Misuse of Blacks. Da**it. C**n. B**ch. SEGMENT 2: A guy mentions sex and an old lady smiles. Same thing with a boy. but nothing farther than that both times. This one is not scary. In fact, it's the only one that is heartwarming. Weird, huh? SEGMENT 3: Several scary creatures. Since it was made in the 80's so they don't look that realistic. But when the main character first meets the family, they are quite unsettling. Also, a brief clip of a girl with no mouth. SEGMENT 4: A guy takes several pills through out the whole time. And he smokes. A really scary monster appears at a window and the man freaks out. It is pretty unsettling. the monster is later seen again and is quite frightening. The word h*ll is used.