All parent member reviews for United 93

Adult Written byCsqElephant April 9, 2008
Adult Written byjerdawg2 April 9, 2008

An important movie

I agree young children probably should not be exposed to this, but older youth and definitely adults NEED to see this movie.
Adult Written byrgmbem April 9, 2008
Adult Written byantidonnie2000 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008

like no other movie I've ever seen

It is absolutely amazing. I can't describe the feeling. The acting (all unknowns) was so convincing that there were times when I forgot that I was watching a dramatization. Imagine the best thriller you ever saw and then add to that the weight of the reality of the events and you can sort of get an idea.
Adult Written byZeeber April 9, 2008

Important history lesson for our kids who were too young to comprehend

I watched this movie with my 14 and 15-yr-olds, mainly because I wanted them to fully understood what happend on 9/11. They were only in 4th and 5th grade when 9/11 happened, and while they were aware of the significance of that day, they were not really aware of all the details and they weren't fully aware of all the bravery and heroism that shone through on that day. Yes, it is a violent and sombering movie, but it is also a very important part of our recent history that our children should be fully aware of. Teenagers who were only elementary school age at the time of 9/11 are now able to comprehend more fully what happened on 9/11. Also, while this movie only portrays a certain view of that day, it does a great job doing it. No movie can represent everyone that was impacted by that day. Each movie made helps us all piece together all that was of that terrible day. I would make the same comment about World Trade Center - while it focuses on only a few people, it does a great job showing us that perspective.
Adult Written bylcs487 April 9, 2008

EXCELLENT film!

This movie was truly breathtaking and powerful. It is a VERY intense film and when I went to see it, I was glad that it was Rated R. That should not hold back parents of kids age 14 and up. It is violent at times (especially at the end), but it is important to understand what those people experienced. I was moved to tears at the end, it is truly gutwrenching, yet respectful. Know your kids with this one, but if they are of sound mind to see it, watch it with them.