Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Unplanned

Very graphic content in faith-based abortion biopic.

Adult Written byBesideStillwater March 29, 2019

The Next Erin Brochovich

The NATIONAL Planned Parenthood EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR reveals what actually happens behind the pink curtain, and what she had to say was worrisome enough that Planned Parenthood sought an injunction against her soon after she left...they failed. Whistleblowers risk everything to protect the public. I hope you will consider going to see Unplanned to empower yourself and embolden your opinion on public policy.
Adult Written byMrsjiggems April 4, 2019

Propaganda

This movie portrays Planned Parenthood as some big bad corporation. It fails to show viewers how many women have had their lives saved by Planned Parenthood since they have free or discounted services for women, most of which most people can't afford on their own. So while they showed a graphic abortion, they failed to show the millions of women they saved by diagnosing them with cervical cancer, or all the unwanted pregnancies prevented by their free family planning services. The main message of the movie would be stronger had it been a well rounded informative piece instead of only relying on strong imagery to push the anti abortion agenda. This is kidt a longer version of a pro life commercial on TV with graphic content.
Adult Written byHoly Mama March 29, 2019

You must see this

Excellent movie. This story is true; don't believe the haters on other sites that post that this movie is about lies. You can't deny Abby Johnson was the director of PP, Bryan, Texas, and this is her experience. The most brilliant testimony to truth is that the man who played the abortionist/doctor is a former abortionist, Dr. Anthony Levatino, OBGYN. He confirms that this is accurate.
This movie is a must see for all adults, and children middle school aged and up. If you are a person who sincerely cares for women, you must see this. Please take the chance to educate yourself. It is also important to educate your kid in the truth, as they are faced with this issue even in middle school.

Adult Written byJoytotheword101 March 29, 2019

A movie for both sides and those who haven't decided

This movie was very well made. As previously stated, this film is based upon Abby Johnson's story. Through her life story, one might assume the movie aims to simply target Planned Parenthood or condemn those who believe in pro-choice. This is not so. Through telling Abby's story, the viewer gets the opportunity to learn the truth (the hard truth that most do not want to face) about not only abortion but also the way Planned Parenthood operates. I appreciated the fact that someone actually had the courage to speak on the topic honestly. This movie is based on Abby's book also titled Unplanned which I highly recommend reading no matter where you stand on the issue.
Most likely we all know someone affected by the choice of abortion, the consequences of such a crucial decision, so this movie should not only inform us, but hopefully motivate and encourage us to speak up and start conversations. Hopefully, we strive to answer the person instead of simply the question stated. I'm sorry this is so long, but this is such an important thing to speak to because people matter, women matter, babies matter, families matter. Please give this movie a fair chance even if you are a critic, especially if you're a critic or "on the fence" in some areas.

Adult Written byVbs110 March 29, 2019

A Side Of Planned Parenthood Rarely Revealed

This is a movie with a difficult subject handled with compassion. There are disturbing scenes but ones important for society to see. I was very impressed with the quality of the film. Don’t miss it!

Adult Written byAllison M March 29, 2019

Excellent and realistic view of Planned Parenthood

I took my son (age 15) and daughter (age 13) to see this movie and my daughter looked away during some scenes because they were graphic and emotionally intense. The scenes with blood are pretty graphic; however, they did not appear to be exaggerated to me. The movie simply portrays the inherent trauma of both surgical and chemical abortion. Parents should definitely be aware that the bloody scenes are graphic and could be upsetting to a sensitive teenager. Having said that, I’m glad my kids saw the movie to see the violence of abortion and the emotional scars it leaves on the women.

Adult Written byKoko2.0 March 29, 2019

Oscar Worthy!!!

A Must See!
Adult Written bychristinenoellm April 5, 2019

Everyone should watch this movie!

An amazing, powerful and very well made movie about the reality of abortion. I highly recommend everyone go to see this movie!

Adult Written bySchlote1 March 29, 2019

The truth

This movie tells the truth about the abortion giant "Planned Parenthood". There are realistic scenes of dripping blood after abortions so parents need to be aware of what their child can handle. Powerful true story that should be seen by as many people as possible.

Adult Written bybsa01 March 28, 2019

Very eye opening

I don't know if anyone could really prepare for such truth but I do value the story. Very well made.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byAnnaKingston August 14, 2019

False

Does not portray important stuff accurately

Adult Written byDexter86 April 6, 2019

Wonderful Story of One Woman's Awakening

The wonderful true story about the awakening of Abby Johnson to the reality that she had murdered 22,000 innocent babies in the womb. When Abby Johnson, a Planned Parenthood director, watches a baby killed in the womb via an ultra sound image, she saw the clear reaction of the baby as it tried to escape the object that would suck its life into a cannister. The baby suffered a gruesome death. Abby learned a truth that the nation must learn to face head on. Mass murder, as in the cased of the Nazis, the communists, and the owners of slaves, is only possible when the killer declares that the victim is not human. Denial is the monster that allows this draconian procedure to continue. This movie shatters that wall of denial. Every person should see this film. It's the Schindler's List of our time.
Adult Written byTrustandobeynoo... April 5, 2019
Parents please take your teens to see this flick. Yes it is graphic at times. It has to be to tell the truth. I know several people who are volu ntering to tell the facts about this procedure. This movie should never have been rated R. Go with your teens.
Adult Written byNeon 999 April 5, 2019

Waste of time

This film is possibly one of the worst dramas i've ever seen. It is technically so inept. And the story is godawful the pacing is so speratic as scenes that should be major plot points are rushed past to make room for scenes of the lead crying. It can't even talk about abortion well it only presents one side of the argument so theres no real conflict between actual character ( like what happens in an actual story) instead the filmakers would rather shove their message forcefully down your throat. It's not even good propaganda you're not even given useful information about the subject because most audience memebers are already going in thinking abortion is bad so why try to convince anyone of anything?lets just show excessive gore. Thats almost as good as creating a compelling story with good charcters right? They don't even show that much gore. The film tires to be edgy but doesn' wantto make anyone think or be offended so it just looks amateurish. 15 and up
Adult Written bymisericordia April 4, 2019

A movie everyone should watch

I took my kids (13, 16, 18) to see this movie. It is very well done. It simply tells a story. There are graphic scenes but the scene where the baby is moving in the womb is actually a picture of the sonogram. If your child knows how children are made and knows what an abortion is then they are old enough to see this. I did not take my 11 year old son. Mostly because I don't think he is ready. However my older (girls , 13, 16, 18) all went to see it. I think that it presents a very real picture of what abortion is. It is in no way judgemental. It does not condemn and even I think makes it clear how very trapped women who have abortions feel. I have read reviews that deny this, but one of my daughters upon reading one said..."they obviously have not seen the movie"

Adult Written byPun_Lover April 3, 2019

Exploitative and Factually Dubious Drama has some Gory Imagery, and Racist and Sexist undertones

Violence: No overt violence, but some graphic imagery related to abortion. While the imagery is exaggerated and at one point even cartoonish, it is still disturbing and potentially upsetting, so younger or sensitive viewers may not want to watch it. A few tense arguments. Some of the protestors are aggressive, others are not. | Language: Very mild, infrequent use of hell, damn, *ss, and p*ssed | Sex: No sex or nudity, but the subject of the movie means it will deal with sexuality as subject. Some undetailed discussion sexual activity resulting in pregnancy. A married couple gets affectionate in bed. I would like to note that while not sexual content, there are some sexist undertones in the movie, suggesting men know what's best for women and their bodies. | Drugs: Infrequent social drinking, never to drunkenness.
Adult Written byNYMIZ April 1, 2019

Plan on Bringing Your Teens to Unplanned

A powerful, moving drama with a heart big enough to deal with the subject of abortion with compassion for all stakeholders. The film is successful on so many levels: As a movie, as a message and as an opportunity. You will be inspired by Abby Johnson, empowered by a message of love and forgiveness, and actually come out with hope and a wonderful opportunity to have a frank conversation with your kids about this issue of life and death. Please ignore the secular panic attacks on this film, including from this website. This is a wonderfully-made, entertaining film that will forever change you. What more can you ask from a movie?

Adult Written byFairyPrincessNyx April 1, 2019

Truth, Life, Love and Redemption

Incredible movie. I took my 17 year old son. A few parts were hard to watch, but considering the topic, it was necessary and very eye opening.
No matter what side you're on, see the movie, it's not judgmental, it's not about putting anyone down, it's about the truth, love and redemption.

Parent Written byJohn M. April 1, 2019

Important and True

This film is based on the true story of a former Planned Parenthood director, Abby Johnson. It depicts her journey from being staunchly pro-choice and in favor of abortion, to becoming Pro-Life and changing her stance on the issue. While this film has been rated 'R' by the MPAA, it would be better suited as PG-13 in my opinion, as there is very little language or bad messages of any kind, and every gruesome scene depicted in the movie accurately reflect what happens in an abortion. Kids around the age of 13-14 are going into/starting high school, and ought to see this film before society tries to impress on them an innocent picture of what abortion is (which will surely happen by the age of 17). Great movie, and so very important in its powerful message.

Adult Written byAlicia R. March 30, 2019

A Must See!

I took my 13 year old son last night and my husband took my 11 year old daughter this afternoon. They handled it very well and quite maturely . The producers approached the issue sensitively, compassionately and very carefully.
When the movie was over, I felt a sense of hope, healing, and love for all of our young women who are struggling not knowing what to do with their pregnancies.

My husband and I went at different times and in both showings people stood and clapped at the end of the movie. There aren't many that come along the I've been to where the audience stands and claps. This story is worth sharing with everyone you know!