Kid reviews for V for Vendetta

Complex but heavy-handed action film. Adults only.

Teen, 13 years old Written by13yearold June 24, 2020

very good but a little risky

The movie's plot was very interesting, as it is based off a real story. There are some possibly traumatizing scenes for younger kids that show torture and killing and almost rape. If you are younger and mature enough then it is fine, otherwise, it is a really good movie and I would recommend it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byShawnsheeps125 December 28, 2019

Best but not good for under 9 year old

It’s a good movie but really don’t make your child watch it unless 9 years and up you do not want to teach your child bad things to do!make sure parents are watching unless you are 15 and up to watch this on your own.

Teen, 14 years old Written by_IAmMrMuffinMan_ November 8, 2019

Simply Amazing

This is a well-thought-out, fast paced, amazing movie. Strong actors and character development all plays out throughout. Now, in terms of age rating, a mature 12 y.o. or an average 13 y.o. can watch no prob. A catholic priest has an underage girl come into his bedroom. She appears to be dressed as a little girl, to "please him." Nothing happens, nothing is shown. Violence is not to bad, but towards the end is where it gets worse. V kills dozens of characters throughout. Multiple British profanities, such as "S--t," "B---ocks," or "Bloody" are used dozens of times. A couple uses of "f--k"
Not to over the top.

Conclusion:
I think this is a pretty incredible movie. Put it on your watchlist.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJJack02 November 8, 2019

A really great but complex film

First of all: This is a masterpiece. The plot is great but a bit complex and confusing. You need to pay attention, which is a big part in what age you should watch this. Something I didn’t see in a lot of the reviews, if any, is there is quite a bit a rape stuff (not explicit). All you need to know is it’s mainly just threats or it’s stopped by main character V. Speaking of V, he (or she) is one of the best characters I’ve seen in a movie. Imagine Heath Ledger’s Joker if he were a good guy. The plot is, in my opinion, has a great message, even if it involves violence. I think the best quote from the movie that also summarizes it pretty well is, “People shouldn’t be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.” Overall, a fabulous movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byruben226 September 22, 2019

Very smart, and always exciting

I love this film, and I think that an 18 plus rating is ridiculous. The film uses the f word a few times and has some violence with the fight scenes, but they are by no means intense. The thing that pushed it to R, was the shot of dead naked bodies buried in the ground similar to the nazis. But there is no blood, and anyone who is 14 has read about that stuff in school already.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIReadALot September 10, 2019

An amazing movie, but violent.

This movie doesn't deserve the 18+ it got. It is very violent, especially at the very beginning and end, which includes a person getting hanged, and a shootout and knifing afterwards with a lot of blood, but it's obviously fake. There is torture, not to an extent, though. A bishop arranges to have sex with underage people, but there are no scenes, and there is a homosexual couple that was killed, not shown. Language is very moderate, I think 4 f--ks, and compared to other movies, that's tame. Beyond all this, it shows a message to stand up for what is right.

Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2018

Do *NOT* take your children to see.

Watched the movie, really good movie, My mom let me watch the movie but totally NOT for other children, But it's also fine for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCassiopeia72 November 18, 2018

Violent but Thought-Provoking

I just watched this movie for the first time and I'm 14. I would suggest waiting until you're a little older though. It was a really good movie and it reminded me of the setting of 1984. It is pretty violent and graphic. However, it addresses the relationship between a government and it's people and how that should function healthily as well as the question of base good and evil and how much violence is justified by revenge or the fact that you're "fighting for the common good". I really enjoyed the thoughts hat this movie started and the issues it addressed. Just make sure you can handle some violence before watching it.

Teen, 16 years old Written by16reviews November 5, 2018

The Movie that seems too close to today

Being that kind of 16 year old who browses through netflix, and sees if they can test the limits by watching a rated R movie, This Movie surprised me greatly. I'm considered a deeper thinking kid and I believe after seeing this movie and reviewing it, it's not for immature kids, or really kids at all. This does have a very political and very scary theme to it, and the political side may not scare the kids, (they wouldn't really understand it) but the violence may... Whether as to adults in the 21st century and to mature teens, the political side is really frightening! It really is. At least that's how I feel. I would like to mention about one of the characters: The high chancellor and how the cinematography really portrays him as Hitler like. There are many cinematic elements in this film that are brilliant and really convey the point of the idea of the corrupt higher powers taking away freedoms, such as Freedom of speech, being LGBTQ+, People being afraid to speak up... Violence on the streets, even political violence... Sound a little familiar? Anywho, This movie truly is a masterpiece, and it's a shame on here to see it rated two stars. Everything about it is mature, and children under the age of 14 may not have the insight and understanding to truly enjoy and understand it.

But for mature teens and adults, I highly urge you to watch this movie, but be warned.. You may find it frightening as to how close this is to our future now...!

Enjoy!

Teen, 16 years old Written bysuperman13 August 27, 2018

Searing, complex, gut-wrenching political thriller with gorgeous visuals and fantastic performances.

"Remember, remember, the fifth of November; the gun powder treason and plot.
I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot."

V for Vendetta is a fantastic movie. A riveting character portrait, a thrilling action movie, and a sobering political commentary, this is one of the most thought provoking and compelling graphic novel adaptations of all time. Its dissection of the fascist ideology and the psychology of revolution is near flawless, using well-written characters and a complex story to illustrate a terrifying political dystopia and the hope brewing within. The film is set in an alternate timeline where fascism prevails in Britain. The regime, lead by John Hurt as Adam Susan, has cracked down upon free thinking, banned artistic expression, and brutally persecutes minorities. Then one night before the fifth of November, a masked freedom fighter known simply as V rescues and befriends a young woman named Evey Hammond. The rest of the film focuses on the characters' back stories, Evey's transformation, the government's pursuit of V, and V's efforts to sir up revolution. There are some truly powerful scenes, ones which made me hold my breath, clench my fists, and agonize in anticipation. The performances here are uniformly phenomenal. Hugo Weaving is dazzling as V, a hardened vigilante with a deeply traumatic past. Weaving's line delivery is charismatic, visceral, and at times emotional. Despite his visage never making its way into the film, his performance is stunning. I barely recognized Natalie Portman here. Her performance was incredible. Its subtle when it needs to be, and jaw-dropplingly potent at the film's most dramatic moments. I was delighted to see Stephen Fry in this film, one of my favourite intellectuals of our times. He plays a character named Gregory, and knowing his philosophical and political orientation, the choice to cast him seemed perfect. The movie, as you might have gleaned from my four star rating, isn't perfect. It can get a tad uneven in the second act (one scene in particular feels completely out of place), and the political commentary isn't subtle in the least. It would've been better if the Wachowskis (esteemed writer/directors of 'The Matrix) had trusted the audience to put the pieces together themselves. But V for Vendetta's beautiful direction/cinematography, brilliant acting, and moving political implications overshadow the movie's flaws. Highly recommended.

Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2018

Amazing Brittish Action Movie

I know CSM, there is a ton of violence in this move, but I think a ten year old could handle that sort of violence. The reason I put thirteen and up, is because some kids that are over ten may not understand the political topics of this movie. You can show other movies about different societies beforehand, so that kids will be able to understand. however back to the movie. The movie is about this English freedom fighter, only known as the letter V, who is fighting against the totalitarian government of Great Brittan in the year 2020. V accidently bumps into a girl who is on her way to her uncle's house. well just watch the movie. It is great.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymianderson051 May 23, 2018

Favorite

This is my favorite movie! I love it so much. I think everyone should see it. It tells an amazing story and gives an amazing message

Teen, 15 years old Written byyovelee January 21, 2018

The Movie was spectacular than what i've ever imagine

This movie can be seen by children but they need to be with their parents if they want to watch. Don't let them watch by themselves for the movie the character was perfect in their own role, I wish that this year or next year this movie can remake and i want to see under V's mask and their relationship between V and Evey. And i hope there will be a remake the second vendetta please i hope there is.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNirvana Samurai December 26, 2017
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2017

Heavy Action Drama but well made.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCeoleander July 17, 2017

AWESOME

This movie makes us think about actions like terrorism and its consequences, and about the question: is violence the only way to solve things? even though the main character does his things to free the people from the government opression, we can't deny the fact that he is a terrorist, and uses violence as the only way of solving things.

Teen, 17 years old Written byanother_teen June 16, 2017

One of the best movies I've ever seen

It definitively deserves AT LEAST 4 stars, this movie is one of my favorite movies of all time. To anyone that read the review above: ignore it! V for Vendetta is an amazing story with good character development, amazing plot, good dialogue and the best part of all: it makes you think! This is one of those movies that you will not understand unless you pay attention, but the 2:30 hrs of content are really worth it. It teaches people to be aware of totalitarian governments, just like George Orwell did with his book 1984, and it encourages people to fight for their beliefs against totalitarianism and to avoid it no matter how desperate they are. The story also teaches the viewer how it is important to know the people behind a movement or an idea. The Founding Fathers are an example, they had flaws like any of us, a story of their own, they were people too. While it's true it has a lot of violence and some cursing and you should not let a 5 y/o watch the movie, most 12 y/o are mature enough to watch it, maybe not to understand it, but the review is exaggerating. It's such a great movie I've watched it 5 times!

Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2017

Teen, 17 years old Written byRyu_Hayabusa April 17, 2017

V for vendetta

Really great movie loved it and the message but im going to get to my point. while it is a rated r movie it fits comfortably under its rating im not saying it had a chance of being rated x but its rated r alright? Violence: the vigilante v
kills many terrorists with kicks punches knives and sharp blades and chokes/snaps an antagonists neck. most of the time blood will come out of people when they are killed (especially during the final fight) a lot of people cuss most frequent words are damn hell shit and a few "fucks" sex: a bishop who is a pedophile arranges a sort of "date" with evey (one of the protagonists) but it dosnt get to sex because v comes in and kills him. many flashbacks go to the scenes of lots of people being tested on and getting killed one of those moments showed v, the protagonist getting burned alive by a fire yelling (not sure if young children can handle that) but for now thats all definitley recommend watchin this

Teen, 14 years old Written byNathan steele March 18, 2017

Insightful

One of the best films I have ever seen. The story is unparalleled, and forces the viewer to ask basic questions about the government and society. Swearing is uncommon, but strong. Around 5 violent scenes, but nothing worse than the typical action movie.