Kid reviews for Vantage Point

Disappointing action flick centers on terrorism.

Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Repetitive Language

Highly good film to watch! It's a great thriller and drama masterpiece that will keep you on the edge your seat for the entire movie! Vantage point contains frequent violence and repetitive strong language. Some vague uses of alcohol and drinking. Great movie to watch together as a family if your child is 12 or over!

Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2009

Boring for Younger Kids…

This is a great movie. It might not be too interesting for younger kids though. It has some pretty intense violence.

Teen, 16 years old Written byOli October 1, 2016

12+

Has some strong action violence, which is not too bad. A lot of terroism is in the film which some might find disturbing. There is one use of 'fuck' but that's it.

My heart wouldn't stop beating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O my gosh!! This is one of the best movies ever made. The action is nonstop. Dennis Quaid(?) does an awesome job. His character risks his life to save the president. How's that for social behavior? Lots and lots and LOTS of explosions. Lots of people are killed by bombs or guns. They do swear enough times, and when Quaid's character is totally ticked, he uses the f-word. A must see for anyone that likes to try to figure out who did what and what is going to happen in a movie!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Violent, scary movie.

Violent movie; did not like it much. There was too much shooting and bloodshed, and it was not good to see someone who was pretending to be loyal to the Secret Service actually help in the planning of the assassination of the President.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBloody Gorgeous March 10, 2009

Exciting :D

This was pretty interesting. The movie shows the point of view of about... 5 people. During each one, something more is revealed, so you never really know thee truth until the end. Yeah its a bout a terrorist plot to kill the president. Quite a few people are killed; and what seems like the perfect crime is a catastrophe, all because of a few people. Lots of shooting and dead people pops. Some cursing too. The president was interpreted as a good person, despite the fact Bush was in office back then... ANYWAYS... What I really loved was the ending newscast. "Authorities confirm the Lone Gunman has been shot and killed" Ring A Bell?!! So JFK!! I was just making a documentary on that so I was like 'Wow that was good!' Well yeah... Good Movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavvyanna13 April 9, 2008

Great- Non Stop Action the whole movie!!!

Vantage Point was a really good movie, that had me guessing from beginning to end. Suprise ending and twist to the movie. Great for anyone 11+
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 25, 2010

Brainless action-thriller is fun and exciting; OK for teens

Vantage Point is one of those forgettable action flicks that won't turn many heads, rouse many people, or teach anything important. However, this doesn't mean it's horrible. In fact, its 24-esque feel makes it really fun to watch. Dennis Quaid turns in a commendable performance, as does Sigourney Weaver, Matthew Fox, and Forrest Whittaker. The story isn't smart or new, but it does introduce an anti-terrorist message: something rare nowadays. Overall, Vantage Point is a fun albeit brainless actionier with good performances and a fine plot. Due to intense (and occasionally bloody) violence and brief strong language, this movie is only OK for teens.

Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2009

A movie on Terrorism

One word: Violent

Teen, 14 years old Written byww2lover February 24, 2009

fantastic thriller

awesome movie. I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie. It's not as bloody as most people think. This is one of those films that you will want to watch over and over again. 8+
Kid, 12 years old December 19, 2008

AWESOME!!!

this movie was so good!!! its prbbly better 4 teens or tweens but overalll it was awesome! it was very violent with lots of shooting and a really intense car chase. A bomb went off in the beginning and lots of ppl died.

Suspenseful, Heart-Stopping Pollitical Thriller

This was the most unique thriller I've ever seen. The movie barely ever makes it clear of who is one of the eight and who isn't, but it was a good idea to have a camera director start off the movie. Too violent and profane for kids under 11, but an excellent alternative to R-rated thrillers such as Michael Clayton.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarman April 9, 2008

one of the best movie ever !!!!!!!!

it is so good!!!!!! but nobody under 10 should see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byILUVMEAT April 9, 2008

Ok, but very repetitive

Well, I rented this and it was pretty good. I didnt get what they ment by vantage point being the assassination in 8 POV's but overall pretty good. Some language, violence. Ok for 13 and up.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

very good movie

a lot more gorier than i thought but good movie
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2010
The review doesn't say this but Dennis Quaid says the f word.

Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2018

Interesting movie

This was a very interesting movie about counter-terrorism. There is quite a bit of violence in this movie but not much blood. A few explosions go off, killing lots of people. A terrorist bursts into hotel rooms shooting people instantly. There's also a long car chase with the cars crashing into everything. There is a lot of swearing in this movie as well. 'S---.' is used countless times and Common Sense Media missed one use of 'f---.' Vantage point is an Interesting and intelligent thriller that the family will love.

Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2018

Good, but sloppy ending

This movie is really good, the way the show it through different points of view and the way the show more information each rewind is amazing. A few things were annoying, for one ‘GNN’, seriously? It’s obviously CNN. The ending was a bit sloppy though and the movie as a whole should have been longer. And also common sense missed the one use of the F word.

This is just an extended episode of Lost :(

I went into this with very few expectations, and even then, I was disappointed. I just think the producers overdid this a little. The movie actually gets irritating after a while, because it keeps flashing-back to the same moment in time, using the same exact shots from the last scene, and you just want the story to move ON! Parents, if your kids have seen the show "Lost", they should be able to handle this; the movie centers around an assassination and terrorists bombing a Spanish city, but there is no nudity, and very little blood; however, if your kids don't like seeing lots of death, then don't bring them to this. Many people die, however bloodless. Either way, I wouldn't recommend this to you; it's very disappointing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymathlete224 April 9, 2008

Cool Flick for Teens

The plot seems really great in the previews for Vantage Point. What the trailer didn't hit on was the constant rewinding. The characters would start to develop along with the plot and suddenly we had to watch everything again. An initially good idea spoiled by inconsistency(starts viewing from purely one vantage point, later becomes an omniscient viewer). The evident reliance on coincidence is another downside to this movie. All this to say I actually enjoyed watching it means the action and suspense are great. The groans of my fellow movie goers as the film rewinded were defeated by the gasps at the action. Any teen would also enjoy this movie. But if you are reading this and thinking that this movie is right for a ten or eleven year old, you would be wrong. The action isn't too scary, but the obvious disrespect for human life seemed too prevalent. The climax of the movie could be described as the convergence of a reckless racing video game and a first person shooter video game. With less killing and rewinding and coincidence, Vantage Point would be a favorite movie of reviewers too. Just because I spent more time describing what is wrong with this movie doesn't mean that it isn't worth seeing, I just wanted to warn anyone who didn't like any of these things. If you are a teen, this movie will give you a refreshing thrill without any love scenes or any detractors from the main problem at hand. An overall cool movie!