Kid reviews for Video Game High School

Quirky YouTube spin-off has gun violence and bullying.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJacob Fox Byers August 5, 2013

Freddiew is the best!

Being a Freddiew subscriber I was really looking forward to seeing his first ever independently financed web series I was ecstatic. This in no way disappointed me. It is filled with action has comedic aspects and a TINY bit of romance. For the most part the characters are likable with the exception of The Law and Games Dean (both are douchebags until the end when Games and Brian become friends). In Field of Fire (the fps game) when people are shot there is no blood only pixals that fly off the people with the teams respective colors. I loved this series and can't wait for the rest of Season 2 (it has already begun)!
Teen, 14 years old Written byGamersnews32 May 3, 2019

Gamers allowed only!!!

The first time I watched this, i was like; sweet now I have something to watch. Watched all three seasons. Just amazing. And it was all Rocketjump behind this series. Violence isn't bad, There is literally no swearing, except one a-word. There is an episode with sexual themes on purpose called "Map to sex town". You can just skip the episode.
Kid, 11 years old February 16, 2018

A lot of shooting

Video game high school are a set of episodes on Netflix. It may be interesting if you like guns and shooting.

Kid, 12 years old September 28, 2017

Maybe not for younger kids

Well You saw the title you know where I'm geaded The term S ing my D is a term that are ussually in Rated R movies or shows ect. So I don't think its good for younger people And the person who made this show I'm subscribed too Their name and cast is RocketJump. I suggest not letting young kids below the age of 11 watch this AT ALL!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byvgh yes January 25, 2017

my thoughts

i think its awesome. my only reasons for rating it 14+ is for the language ( mainly season 3) and the violence. if your under 14 it would be something to watch with your parents :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byremyroel April 18, 2016

SO GOOD

lots of gun violence but no blood until some episodes in season 3. some kissing and some sexual references and drinking

Teen, 13 years old Written byHonestguy777 December 22, 2015

Awesome show! Just watch out for which episodes you watch!

VGHS is awesome. I honestly think that kids 11 and up sould watch season 1 and 2 but you have to watch out for some mild violence(guns are fired and people die but not in a gory way, just pixelated) and very mild language (a** and h**l) no romantic stuff. BUT season 3 was a huge difference!!! Romance was high because Brian wants to do it to Jenny. Brian also gets drunk and arrested. Sometimes there is even worse language ( The principal says "F*ck" for the first time). Seasons1 and 2 for ages 11 and up. But 3 I would say ages 14 and up. Brian eventually learns what is right and wrong so there are good role models but there is also some consumerism when it comes to the brands (The gamers sometimes drink Monster or drive a specific vehicle)

Teen, 13 years old Written bynicholasmcc September 24, 2015

Great

I really love to watch this show and it's great. I recommend for any kids that are allowed to watch stuff with sh*t in it. Very nice! Is a lot of violence but not that bad, that's basically the whole show.

Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2015

Really good! Some little things..

This is a really good TV show for 12-18 year olds. It's a tv show about a boy named Brain D who defeats a very popular game avatar and gets accepted into a school to study video games. There are a few things that you might to look at before letting your children watch this.

1. Gun Violence. I know what you're probably thinking, "Gun Violence?! My child is not watching this!" Calm down, there are no guns on campus. All guns are inside the video games they play.

2. Swearing. Some people swear in the show. It's nothing to severe, nothing like the "f" word or the "s" word. It's minor swearing.

3. Romance. In season two Brain and Jenny start going out. They do kiss in a closet more than once. But there is no major romance. (You know exactly what I am talking about.)

4. Inappropriate scenes. Don't think about this two much. No one is showing there private parts or anything like that. There is one episode where "The Law" is in his underwear playing a game. There is nothing revealing or anything like that.

Above all this show is really good. There are just a few things you need to watch out for. This TV show is better for kids/teens between the ages of 12-18.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGenericZane August 10, 2014

A very entertaining and fun story

This web series is definitely a good one. Made by the famous Youtuber, Freddiew, this web series is about a very interesting and unique fantasy world where gaming is a center point in everyday life, competition, and education. It doesn't go without a single profanity, as there are some adult-like situations and mild language, but nothing that would make it a deal breaker. Of course, it's about video games so there will be violence, but overall it's not graphic. It's a great series and well-worth watching.
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2014

VGHS

I think it is a great series perfect for 11 yr olds and maybe for 9 or 10 counting on if your kids are used to fake violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylightingzackattack December 12, 2013

vghs

well its about brian d a cool guy it is about video games its epic watch this there is no language

Teen, 14 years old Written byproterminator123 April 10, 2013