All parent member reviews for WALL-E

Parent of a 4 year old Written bykat_shoshin May 1, 2011

finet for older kids, but not for pre-schoolers

Too violent - the angry shooting made my 4 year old really agitated and we had to turn it off before he could arrive at any message.
Parent of a 4, 6, and 9 year old Written bycerriwen January 11, 2011

Not age appropriate.

I hated this movie. It wasn't because anything was overt, it was the subliminal stuff. Eve is over emotional, shooting at everything, and then she gets 'implanted' with the plant in the boot and becomes completely inert. Until Wall-e pulls her out of it by delivering the life. Then she has to bring him back. Yuck. How about being a little age appropriate.
Parent of a 2, 4, and 7 year old Written bygonzi April 12, 2011

Something for the whole family

I can't believe I've only just seen this movie in 2011! It is a lovely movie, and all 3 of my kids enjoyed it. My 7yo saw it at school as part of an environmental theme they're studying and she has watched it 4 times since! It was a little slow for the 2yo and 4yo but they kept coming back to watch it in between playing. I liked the ending which was a very positive message about renewal after an apocalyptic, polluted future.
Parent Written byUnomaO March 29, 2010

Great for the little ones.

Both my kids (3 and 4) loved this movie and we eventually had to buy the DVD so they could watch it daily for a while. WALL-E is a very positivie movie that really speaks to love, devotion, and sacrifice. I found nothing objectionable.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byjj2 March 22, 2010

perfect for my son

If anyone has ever told you movies suck they better put a sock in their mouth because this is our favourite movie ever!!.
Adult Written byKitsune87 December 26, 2009

A Wonderfull little film. Pixar does it again.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byCate123 March 23, 2011

Boring and Dull

While many have praised this film i havent decided to actually watch it untill when i rented it for my 5 yr old . for the two hours of the film their was nothing besides silence and occasional robot shreeks and beeps although we chuckled at a few parts both me and my son grew bored of it after the first half in hour as a result i returned it back not enjoyed or too pleased as for rollmodels Wall-e may be kindhearted but you really can not get to know the story when their is practically no dialogue
Parent of a 5 year old Written byrickpr80 October 9, 2010

Good for teens and children 8+

I took my daugther to watch this movie an it was to loud, too much violent scenes of shooting and fighting. it was supposed to be a movie for a child of 5 and it is maybe for a kid of 8+. The rating is very off, lately Pixar is making movies too violent for children under 8.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymarceladns March 7, 2011

Charming

This movie is like Blade Runner for little ones. While this is not your regular kids movie and some will find it boring, in our case my kids were in love. The first 20 minutes have no dialogs but Wall-e is such a outcast that he is entertaining on his own. When he meets Eve the story picks up and gets even funnier. Having Louis Armstrong singing la Vie en Rose added to its sweetness and bringing up the recycling issue makes this movie a great educational moment for older kids.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byKOhaver February 16, 2011

Touching movie, great for both adults and children

My husband and I loved this movie! We watched it with our 3-year-old on a movie channel and enjoyed it enough to buy the DVD. My son, on the other hand, went to playing with his cars after about 20 minutes. I think for his age, it was a little "deep" and did not have enough attention-keeping scenes for a toddler. I would not hesitate to allow a small child to watch it if you are okay with a shooting robot. My son can be easily scared but was not bothered by any scenes in this movie. It is rare to find a movie for our Family Nights that appeal to adults and are appropriate for small children. As always, Disney is the master! I highly recommend this one.
Parent Written bycamusa December 21, 2009

Great for kids and adults alike-eco-friendly

Pixar has yet to let me down. Such an amazing track record, it makes one wonder where it will end! I was not a big fan of "Cars," but even that is a really solid movie, better than most. I had really high expectations for WALL-E going in so they had to live up to a huge build-up. Let me start by saying that this was my four year old son's first movie going experience. Were they going to do what they had done before and keep him entertained and intellectually stimulated and me as well? Ok, approximately 30 minutes into the movie and there has been almost no dialogue. There have been subtle intimations and some sophisticated concepts most of which were far beyond my son's level of comprehension at age four, but the nuances were there. There were amazingly well-rendered landscapes and relationships forming even if noted only with clicks, chirps and whirs. Was my babe going to get it? Would he be able to stay focused? Was it enough? He loved it and so did I. He commented on it. It actually made him look that much deeper and draw his own conclusions as to what was going on as there were no words to tell him and it (and he) was brilliant. The movie is an amazing commentary on how we are ravaging our world and bringing ourselves closer to destroying it as well as ourselves. As we slip into a mire of sloth we lose the will to care amidst bright colors and shiny objects like ferrets drawn to a set of keys. The buttons we push bring us everything and we want for nothing save a sense of what is real and true. Yeah, it is a Pixar movie. The kids will love the robots and the comedy and the colors and everything about it, but so will you because this movie really has something to say and does it in a way that would make Stanley Kubrick quite proud. I hope the track record never ends. See this one as soon as you can.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byjulianconz December 12, 2009

Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac February 5, 2010

Charming, audacious, and timely. Lighthearted magic and stellar visuals testify once again to Pixar's ingenuity.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byOscarfellini November 27, 2009

Good for 5+. Great Green Message.

My son saw this in the theatre when he was 4 and just watched it again (now almost 6). He loves Wall-E's voice, is always drawing pictures of him and Eve and enjoys the slapstick. The sequence when the ship lands on earth to deposit Eve is tension filled and the oil tanker explosion is pretty cataclysmic but nothing is done just for the sake of it. Great movie to open the discussion about the environment and green living.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byGlowingMama October 10, 2009

Perfect. Period.

This is one of the best movies I've seen. The music was spectacular. The animation was visually stunning. The morals are outstanding. It is truly about love - for others, for yourself and for your world. It is also very clever. After seeing it many times, I have to say I like the beginning the best before WallE leaves earth. One note us that there are a couple times when my daughter cried, though she doesn't anymore. It's when WallE gets hurt or could be dead. Waterworks!!!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bytealsweety July 16, 2009

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjoannab February 12, 2011

I love that the main characters are almost entirely non-verbal. So much non-verbal communication in this movie, great for kids with Autism to learn about emotions. Great message about the Earth, and hopeful, as well.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bylinsey-woolsey November 30, 2010

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bystuhlly May 22, 2010

Parent Written bymom2twogirls1boy July 24, 2009

Love This Movie!

This a great movie! I consider myself on the conservative side with regard to what I will allow my children to watch, and this movie is excellent. It does have some explosions and one of the robots has a lazer that comes out of her arm and blows things up. BUT, she never blows up a person or living thing. My girls and I talk about how you shouldn't just act out and "explode" when you're mad or frustrated because that can be destructive. We talk about better ways of handling those feelings. I have seen the movie 5 times and cannot figure out where the word "heck" is. There is very little dialogue throughout the movie, but the action is so great that it does not matter. I think very young children may be scared by the explosions but may not, it just depends on your child. Even my 20 month old will sit through the first 40 minutes or so completely mezmerized!