Parent of a 4 year old Written bykat_shoshin May 1, 2011

finet for older kids, but not for pre-schoolers

Too violent - the angry shooting made my 4 year old really agitated and we had to turn it off before he could arrive at any message.
Parent Written bymom2twogirls1boy July 24, 2009

Love This Movie!

This a great movie! I consider myself on the conservative side with regard to what I will allow my children to watch, and this movie is excellent. It does have some explosions and one of the robots has a lazer that comes out of her arm and blows things up. BUT, she never blows up a person or living thing. My girls and I talk about how you shouldn't just act out and "explode" when you're mad or frustrated because that can be destructive. We talk about better ways of handling those feelings. I have seen the movie 5 times and cannot figure out where the word "heck" is. There is very little dialogue throughout the movie, but the action is so great that it does not matter. I think very young children may be scared by the explosions but may not, it just depends on your child. Even my 20 month old will sit through the first 40 minutes or so completely mezmerized!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byrickpr80 October 9, 2010

Good for teens and children 8+

I took my daugther to watch this movie an it was to loud, too much violent scenes of shooting and fighting. it was supposed to be a movie for a child of 5 and it is maybe for a kid of 8+. The rating is very off, lately Pixar is making movies too violent for children under 8.
Parent Written bycoolmam July 27, 2011

cool movie

cool
Parent of a 7 year old Written byjj2 March 22, 2010

perfect for my son

If anyone has ever told you movies suck they better put a sock in their mouth because this is our favourite movie ever!!.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byasiawall August 27, 2009

My 4-year-old's favorite movie

This is my 4-year-old's favorite movie. Yes, there is some 'romance' between the two robots, but it is so innocent it is not an issue. It has great messages about consumerism and our destruction of the planet, and is truly inspirational.
Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written byrevolords July 26, 2009
This movie is too violent for kids
Adult Written byZagurzem March 7, 2009

CUTE!

MY 3-YR-OLD LOVES THIS! IT IS SO ADORABLE! WE RENTED IT ON DEMAND! WHEN SHE WANTED THE DVD AND I SAID NO, SHE HAD A FIT BUT I ACTUALLY GAVE IN!
Adult Written bymetal August 10, 2015

wall-E

A little violence and kissing but that's it
Parent of a 1, 4, 8, 10, 13, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 February 26, 2015

hey dont insult an inocent movie

love it
Parent of a 2, 2, and 5 year old Written byEyeOutForViolence June 30, 2014

Great message, unnecessary gun violence

Loved the movie, but not sure why a probe intended to find plant life needs a weapon of mass destruction (which it uses to threaten the main character several times). Other than that, it was a highly enjoyable (and plausible) story.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bykristin1234 October 14, 2013

Surprised by the violence in this G rated movie.

There are a number of scary, threatening and violent parts in this movie. Unlike others who reviewed this, I don't think it's appropriate for younger kids because of this. Also, the environmental message is better conveyed to younger ages in a less apocalyptic way. I would wait until at least age 10 to show it to a child. My 8-year-old was scared to the point of tears by a number of scenes.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 1, 2010

The kids enjoyed it, the parents were disappointed

Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bylaurebel June 30, 2010
My children, especially my son, love Wall-E. I think it is an extremely positive movie to show children with a valuable lesson. They learn perseverance and loyalty. My son has also began to roleplay with a new Wall-E toy who he says needs to clean up. Anything that helps my children clean up is a keeper!
Parent of a 4 year old Written bycheekymonkie January 30, 2010

Great for the whole family.

My son was 2.5 when this movie was in theatres - so it was his first movie going experience. Even with the dialogue-free first 30 mins...he was enthralled. The messages of this movie are all good : clean up the environment, consumerism is bad, exercise is important and no matter your size, you can do good in your world. There are a few scary/tense moments...but they are pretty mild. This movie is not just great for kids, but as a parent who's seen it a few dozen times, I have to say I love it too!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byCountryMom27 September 14, 2009

Great family movie for 3 + up, parents will enjoy!

I had heard some negative buzz about Wall-E, and though my two boys love robots, our library copy was never available. Finally their uncles bought them a copy and it's beautiful. The messages about wastefulness and sloth are right on with our family values, and Wall-E is a devoted, sweet robot who just wants to help his friend Eve. There's a small part of the movie with a battle between the robots, but it's not at all scary, and I'm very sensitive to scariness (we rarely watch Disney movies because of that). I'd highly recommend you see it - perfect for a family movie night.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byDiamond98 July 3, 2009

Wall-e is a funny name when he says it like walllleeee

This can be funny in parts but sad too.
Adult Written bymbryant April 9, 2008

Excellent message lost on younger audience

We recently took our two children ages 3 and 4 to see this movie. We are always concerned about content and language as most movies rated G still have words we don't allow. This movie was a pleasant surprise. However, our kids were bored right away. Our 4 year old kept asking us "What's happening?" the entire time. Our 3 year old fell asleep! We stuck it out but felt disappointed that the movie made no sense to our kids and wouldn't for several years.
Adult Written bydssinc April 9, 2008

Total Package filled with joy and parenting opportunities

Great, great movie. Strong ecological, anti-consumerism messages coupled with wonderful characters and a good storyline. Wall-E is a bumbling but brave and determined little guy who's reach defines his grasp. Eve is a strong, no-nonsense and quite independent character who falls for Wall-E without ditching the best of her qualities. Their love story is traditional but nicely refreshed. Their adventure is equally traditional and nicely refreshed. This movie may or may not appeal to the 3-6 year old set, not does it seem to have been designed to do so. The G rating reflects a lack of objectionable content, not attractiveness to truly young kids. My 11 and 12 year olds were thrilled with the movie as they were able to grasp the larger messages and appreciate the subtleties of the storytelling. Kids who rely on smash-mouth movie-making to enjoy a film will likely be disappointed. This really is a fine film.
Adult Written byBulldawgsfan500 April 9, 2008

Felt like I was watching a movie about conservation

I took my family and we loved this movie for the most part, It definitely had an underlying tone to it that made you feel like you were watching a film about what some people feel will happen to earth if we dont take care of it. I kept waiting to see an Al Gore likeness to pop up on the screen, but for the most part it was a very enjoyable movie