All teen and kid member reviews for War of the Worlds

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2010

perfect for tweens

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorlaunterluver July 6, 2010
very scary scenes many dead ppl throught the movie wudnt recomend for 10 year olds and younger but for tweenes its just fine
Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2013

A Great Movie!!!

This alien-invasion movie, is not for kids who do not like suspense. This movie has a lot of deaths, and is a little scary if you are not mature enough.
Kid, 12 years old July 25, 2014

Amazing!

This movie is a real nail biter. The scenes in this movie may or will scare younger children and the foul language is mild. No sexual references at all, just the killing would freak people out. Overall, this brilliant film is a must-see movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byminnie95 September 8, 2013

SCARY!

i really liked it becuse dakota fanning was in it one of my fav actresses but my dad only let me watch half of it as it's too scary i was 12 at the time the film is given a 12 but i think it should of got a 15 personally but it's a good film to watch
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2010
Pretty violent, I saw it when I was 5 or 6 and was fine... I would say 10 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 January 20, 2015

Good

Good but when they want to get on a boat it is covered up by a noise but you can still hear it he says you mother**kers 3 times. Almost rated r
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 June 20, 2015

Grim, realistic sci-fi thriller has its pros but never really picks up.

I enjoyed this film, to a point. While touching and heart pumping, it never really kicks in, and I couldn't care less on who died or not. Its a cliché movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedelman100 January 16, 2016

Love it! Should be R rated though...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOVIE! I watched this movie when I was 10 and it didn't scare me one bit. This movie is extremely violent as well. Get ready for a long review. Violence: Mass destruction throughout the movie, bodies are thrown, harvested, and killed by the aliens. There is violence among the humans as well, a man forces Ray to give up his car, while a riot of people shout, shoot at each other, and get in fist fights, his daughter screams quite a few times, which may make the audience unsettled, the aliens are quite scary and freaky, Ray and his wife are divorced, much to the kids' dismay, there is also one implied murder off-screen, Ray is holding a pipe then scuffling and groaning is heard, when he walks out, the pipe is dripping blood. Ray and his teenage son fight and argue with each other. The world is covered in reddish-purple vines. Sex: Not and issue. Consumerism: Many brands of stores and cars are shown. Language: Explicit language for a PG-13. Drinking: I do not remember much drinking but I think there is a couple scenes of drinking. This movie should be Rated R. This movie will give young children nightmares for life. I recommend this for adults 17 and up.
Kid, 10 years old May 2, 2015

Good action

Good action, it's got really good special effects but a bit too much blood for me. But that's just me.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2015

evaporating yet small loan

lots of terror and screaming done by a helpless 10 year old girl that kiddies might find scary. i watched this when i was 6 and i loved it though. there is some creepy alien figures and intrigueing war. fine storyline great actors/actresses definitely better than World War Z
Teen, 13 years old Written byedward4 October 11, 2014

Appropriate for teens, not for younger children

Personally, I think that War of the Worlds was a spectacular movie for teens and slightly more mature audiences. I wouldn't recommend this movie to children at least under 13-14 for these few reasons. Firstly, there are many deaths in intense sci-fi action scenes by strange alien technology. These scenes include large "heat rays" that disintegrate mass amounts of people into dust. Another "weapon" used are several tentacle-like arms protruding from large "tripod" machines. These "tentacles were used to harvest human bodies, and put them in large circular cages.(I will return to this topic later in the article). The tripods were planted in the ground millions of years ago in the movie, and dug their way up to begin the invasion. They stand at about 300 feet, and move in a strange insect-like pattern, always either killing, or harvesting humans. Back to the promised topic of human harvesting. There are about two graphic/scary scenes of this, the first showing a tentacle holding a man down, then inserting a needle into his back, and harvesting his blood and tissue (Note, there was a car shielding the viewer from the direct area of the inserted needle). The second scene involves about two dozen people trapped in external cages on a tripod beginning to go into mental insanity which may frighten younger audiences. The scene also shows humans being grabbed by tentacles, and sucked up into the tripod to be consumed. Other miscellaneous scenes include a young girl in an elderly mans' basement. The man, who has gone mad since the apocalypse, explains that he will take care of her if something happens to her father, Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise in a later scene murders the man after he has gone mentally unstable to to the witnessing of the harvesting of blood and tissue of the man earlier in the article the harvested mans' blood is sprayed onto the palms and face of the elder. There is also a scene of Tom Cruises daughter witnessing countless bodies floating down a river, and dead animal carcasses. The movie does include scenes of characters appearing to have died, but really surviving which may confuse younger audiences.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJohn Kentucky June 21, 2014

Grat movie, too scary for young kids

I think this is a great movie; it represents very well what humans can do to survive. A little language, the "s word" is repeated a lot of times, and violence is intense. Also, it is very scary, but quite good, though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse July 22, 2013

Awesome Movie!!

I watched this movie at 12...I LOVED it. My sister, 15 years old was 14 at the time and got a little freaked out at the little girl screaming and crying. (My sister is very compassionate) While this movie is very violent with blood everywhere and millions of deaths, there comes a positive message from Ray, the dad. He does everything in his power to keep his kids safe, including murder a man. He is a little selfish and he and his son don't get along very well, but many of the people are violent and selfish out of fear. After a while, Ray becomes a more loving and worried father, making sure that his little girl is very safe. He expresses his anger a few times by throwing things. He drinks vodka. There is some swearing, but I didn't really notice it. This film is nice because while Ray is the hero to his kids, he doesn't go out, put on an army helmet, and fight the aliens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythmtrxhsy April 9, 2008

Super Violent

Tons of violence, good special effects, horrible ending. NNOOTT for younger kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySlendyDaMan March 11, 2016

Disturbing but entertaining

My rating: rated pg-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi terror throughout, violence and disturbing images.
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

great movie

i really enjoyed it. it is one of my favorites. there is a lot of violence but i like violence.
Kid, 12 years old February 17, 2014

Okay for 11+

(As long as they're not scared/disturbed easily)
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2016

Terrible Bloody Mess

My Dad accidentally turned this movie on so I started to watch. The first part was where I was terrified, but I knew it wouldn't be scarier and I started it so I had to end it. It was even scarier so it was the first movie I stopped watching in the middle in my life. I don't ever want kids to watch this until they are mature.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLucky Huggables July 3, 2016

Dark, but very Action Packed

This story has a lot of dark elements in it, yet it is very action packed and puts you on the edge of your seats. Can get disturbing as people a burnt to a crisp. The main character often finds himself covered in the ashes of fellow citizens.