All parent member reviews for Warrior

Parent of a 9, 13, 14, 14, 15, and 16 year old Written bymamaof9 September 21, 2011

A surprise

WOW !! I questioned seeing this with our sons as it is quite violent ,cursing is present ect, but I ended up so glad we did. While not for younger viewers, it grabbed our teens attention and they walked out loving it and, I am happy to say, totally getting the deeper messages about family, love and forgiveness. Well worth the tougher aspects.
Educator and Parent Written byMossfish Daddy Budd September 21, 2011

Dads, Sons and Brothers

Very emotional and very worthwhile, A must see for Dads, sons and brothers. I saw it with 2 of my sons, want to go now and see it with the rest Not for youngsters as it does deal with fighting and adult subject matter. However also not a movie to miss!
Adult Written byexSPANJERview May 1, 2013

Redemptive

The family structure is dysfunctional and broken, which resonates with a lot of American families. The break down resulted from the father abusing alcohol and also abusing the family as a result. So, bitterness has truly built up in the hearts of his sons. Each son, Tommy and Brendan, sought to break free from the abusive family. One son started his own family, while the other served as a Marine. Their paths separated for a significant time, until they were reunited by an underlying passion for MMA. The plot of Warrior allows viewers to watch the lives of Tommy and Brendan merge once again. They are brothers by birth, but not by true relationship and friendship. Both have been hurt by their father, and so there is not figure there to look to for guidance in mending their relationship. As their lives merge, Tommy jars against the idea of having a brother. He felt that Brendan had already forsaken him. Even before they got into the ring they already began dueling. Brendan represents hope and light in the movie. He is the underdog and at the end the unsung hero. For the sake of his family he sought to win the SPARTA competition, and he ended up redeeming more than just money so he and his family could live. He redeem his relationship with his brother. Brendan was hopeful for Tommy from the beginning, and in the end he was their to carry his broken body. Brendan incarnates Christ's role of reconciliation and redemption. No matter how hard Tommy fought Brendan still cared about the well being of his brother, despite his rejection. The overarching theme is redemption. Think about the last image was left in the mind of the viewers. Brothers at odds carrying one another's broken bodies from the fighting ring. They went to abusing one another for their own sake to solely focusing on the needs of one another, specifically Brendan to Tommy.
Adult Written bycemo December 31, 2011

You Must See This Movie

I did not want to see this movie...gee another fighting movie! Oh my goodness.......this movie was fantastic. I loved it. It had very little cursing. It was not profane at all. The two actors, who play the role of the brothers should be nominated for Oscars.....they were great. Best fighting movie I have ever seen. This will be on my list of favorite movies.
Parent Written byHeb R. Ides December 17, 2011

One of the Best of 2011 for Men and Women Alike

One of the best movies of 2011. The family drama is heart wrenching and all the acting has no false moments. The three leads are incredible. I challenge men and women alike to not be moved by this story of redemption (especially the ending) set within the world of mixed martial arts. The language and realistic fight violence should keep kids under 14 or 15 away - but Tom Hardy is this generation's Brando.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybenito jug September 15, 2011

AWESOME!!!!!!!

its a rough movie but it is soooooooooooGOOD!!