Kid reviews for Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior

Inventive movie that families can watch together.

Kid, 8 years old August 14, 2009

Kid, 10 years old February 4, 2010
I love to rewatch it. It's feminine and powerful! But some little kids might think it's a little scary. Personally, I love that it focuses on a modern Asian girl. I love martial arts, and it wooed me and I felt like I could climb the rim of a fence just like her someday and face an evil spirit when I first saw it. It's a great movie to watch with your kids, parents... A really good family movie, but might bore teens a little.

Teen, 13 years old Written by[email protected] April 9, 2008

BORING!

Wendy Wu is a waste of time. Brenda Song is playing the same character she plays in the Suite Life of Zack and Cody. And the stunts are so fake. And when Wendy finally gets to be homecoming queen, everthing she wanted in the whole movie, she gives it away to her enemy, who isn't even grateful for it. Little kids will love this, but older kids will just be bored!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuitelife April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old August 20, 2013

Disgrace

This movie is super cheesy, just like other movies staring characters from sitcoms.
Teen, 13 years old Written byv-ball_luver April 9, 2008

Good Effort, Bad Exicution

Although this movie tried to represent family values, and girl power, the exicution wasn't the best. The acting wasn't the best, (Although Brenda Song is good in The Suite life of Zach and Cody) and the special effects were bad. Disney could have done alot better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHawk11404 April 9, 2008

Good disney Movie

A good disney movie but not rewatchable.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykui1 February 19, 2012

OK

It was OK. It's just another Disney movie where the main character get's over a problem and does the right thing. I know disney wants to teach kids to do the right thing. But in this movie and other ones by disney the right choice is soooo obvious. In the real world it's never that obvious. It's also never that easy. I understand what disney is trying to show to kids but I don't think it's helping.

Educational Value
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 August 3, 2009

Okay

This is one of those movies that gets old very quickly. Parents, this movie is pretty violent and there are evil characters with scary voices that can frighten your child. It's just a little too scary for young children. There is no bad language. The good part is that Wendy Wu (Brenda Song) is a very strong, good role model for kids, especially girls. She doesn't lose her determination.

How can people not like this movie?

Although this movie has the traditional Disney plot line (people start out one way and change for the better), it has a way of keeping the audience on the edge of their seats until the credits. It has a little bit of mystery, a tiny bit of romance, and a good message (follow your dreams, don't give up, yata yata, yata...). I am 11 years old (almost 12) and I would recommend this to anyone my age or older!
Kid, 9 years old January 6, 2013

Great family movie!

Violence: alot of MMA fighting which may be upsetting for some younger audiences.

Teen, 16 years old Written byFoxytutu April 9, 2008

This was great

This movie is great for anyone 5 or older really.it is kind of BORING after a while.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Nice.

Not the best kung-fu film, but good effort.
Teen, 13 years old Written byclownsrppleto April 9, 2008

surprised my eyes didnt fall out

this movie waz really bad i have nothing else to write but i will anyway this movie is like when the cartoon is falling off the clif and it makes that whistle sound ya well thats about how bad it is
Wow! This movie was good. Buy it.
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2013

Good flim.

I think it's a good movie. Violence: nothing that bad just a some fight scenes. Sexy stuff: there's a couple in the flim but Wendy breaks up with him. At a party a girl kisses Shen on the cheek. Language: Maybe "jerk" & "idiot." Positive Messages: Wendy is dating this guy but after insulting her cousin (Shen) she breaks up with him.