Kid reviews for What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Poster Image

Autism,

This movie is incredible and I personally love the 90's and love movies about mental health. Leonardo Dicaprio is not one of my favorite actors, but I can definitely tell you he killed it in this movie.

1 person found this helpful.

What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?

I thought this movie was a little funny and sad but it was still good. I recommend this movie.

I love this movie…

Honestly this movie is very underrated and never talked much about, I feel like I could watch this movie over and over. The acting is so good and the movie comes across topics that you don’t really see but it’s so realistic when it comes to it. It’s May be 14+ but if you think your kids can handle some language here and there I’d say a 11-12 year old could watch it, but at times it might be a bit boring to them so it’s up to you, a good family movie suggestion though. 15/10 would recommend :D

Sad but uplifting

My whole family liked this movie, even my 8-year old brother. It's a movie that everybody should see. There are some sad parts, but great acting and it's fun to see Leonardo DiCaprio so young.

Very underrated!

What’s Eating Gilbert Grape is a fantastic movie starring Johnny Depp and Leonardo Dicaprio. This movie sends out a great message about a kid with autism and his older brother who basically runs the family after their dad died. The obesity of their mother who suffers from depression shows a lesson of not to body shame. No violence. Older brother is having an affair with a older married women. There are some long making out scenes that might make you feel a bit uncomfortable. There is slight swearing but nothing to severe, words such as “s—t”, “a—hole”, “hell”. One use of the middle finger by a teenager. And that’s about it. Characters are seen smoking. Adults drink beer but no one acts drunk. I strongly recommend this movie as it is so underrated and I don’t understand why people dislike it so much.

1 person found this helpful.

Very mature but, great underrated movie

Watched the movie on Netflix recently. It is definitely not a kids movie, but it very touching and can be very mature in themes. It is filled with great acting and moving scenes. They're some intense scenes for younger viewers as well as being boring for younger kids. Overall not a kids film but a great film for anyone.

Highly Recommend

This is one of the best movies I’ve ever seen!!! The story takes place when Gilbert Grape (Johnny Depp) the man of the house after the death of his father meets a lady (Becky) and at the time Gilbert is also having an affair with an older married woman. Gilbert is as well in charge of taking care of his younger autistic brother Arnie (Leo DiCaprio), his obese mother, and is also acting as the new man of the house for his two sisters. If your kids understand light language and some sex this would be a movie that even them could watch!! This movie is flawless (note: as every Johnny performance is) and is most definitely Grammy worthy!!

Good But Super Sad

This movie is really good but also really sad. it has role models and good messages but there is some sex.

I saw this when I was five and I loved it

This movie was really good and I don't really remember it so you can watch it with a five year old and they wont remember anything.