Kid reviews for Why Him?

Funny but formulaic comedy has lots of crude material.

Teen, 17 years old Written byilovemoviesandtv December 26, 2016

Funny, but VERY crude!

Overall, I think Why Him will be a good pastime for those who want a laugh. But I should warn you that it is very raunchy! I checked the review on here and they said there was one sex scene, a man's butt shown, and some crude talk, so I thought it was safe for me to take my mom, my 13 year old sister and her friend to see it. WRONG! Maybe I would've enjoyed the film more if I hadn't gone with kids, but I felt uncomfortable most of the time. So I definitely recommend watching this alone or with friends your age. Read below if you want to know more about the sexual parts in the film: What they don't mention on here is how the opening scene is Stephanie and Laird talking about how they are going to "fuck". Laird is trying to open his pants zipper and expose himself to her. In Laird's home there is a lot of sexual artwork, mostly animals mounting each other. They also don't mention how there is a very long scene with Ned and his drugged wife humping him, making sexual motions, and whining about how she wants sex. After that comes a short masterbation scene with the mother. There is also a three minute party scene where Laird's friends are talking about ejaculating on faces and watching a video about it. One more scene is where Ned's IT guy is hacking Laird's computer, and Ned must think about his daughter's "assets" to guess the password, and later graphics of penetration is show. The part where Laird and Stephanie have sex on a desk, Laird was performing oral sex on her and the IT guy was motioning it. So yes, there was A LOT of sexual scenes in this movie. Please don't take your parents or any kids to see it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byamazev December 27, 2016

HILARIOUS AND GREAT!!

There was some bad language in this movie. By "some" I mean a LOT. The sexual material in this movie was not all that bad and not very frequent. Overall I loved "Why Him" and think you should go and see it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTornadosplash44 December 27, 2016

Really funny but really crude comedy!!!!!

This was a pretty good movie! It did have plenty of funny and crude moments throughout the film to get everyone laughing! The film contains language throughout the film including constant uses of f**k and s**t, plus uses of d**k, ass and more. The film doesn't contain that much drinking or drug use but it's a implied that a woman vapes and drinks because it shows her sexual behavior. There is some drinking at a holiday party but not much. There is near constant sex talk and crude jokes during the film that is played for laughs. Plus you'll see several art paintings of animals mating, plus there is some implied sex scenes with some buttock nudity. overall this a really funny film that is great for teens 16 and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnwardo April 15, 2017

Hysterical but Crude

This was a very funny movie but; it was a little uncomfortable watching with my parents because the language in this movie was intense. Other than that this movie was hilarious and recommend this to kids 13 and over

Teen, 13 years old Written byKP_13 April 23, 2017

One of the better comedies of recent years!

I really like this movie. This movie isn't that bad. The language is frequent like every sentence, but probably not as bad as what kids hear in school, other than the language this doesn't feel that raunchy. 15 and up should be fine.

Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2017

Not too shabby

I know what you're all thinking: How come you saw this and you're only 10?! Well never mind that. This film contains very crude humour, but is enough to make a group of friends with the same job laugh like mad. Though my other friends wished they could kill me for my sugggestion, it's quite good despite all the negative reviews. There is also some inappropriate scenes, which I now wish I could unsee, but this is still a good comedy film that older teenagers and "James Franco Fans" will definitely enjoy.

Teen, 16 years old Written byAdamnanji94 January 2, 2017

Good unoriginal Christmas movie

Teen, 17 years old Written bymy name is jepp May 15, 2017

Look, all you who think this is SO CRUDE!! its not. like at all.

Look. The only nudity is a butt. Who has not seen a butt before? The sex is not bad, there is only one or two slightly edgy scenes. One being when Laird and his friends talk about a sexual innuendo, the other being Laird and Steph having sex on a desk. HOWEVER during this scene you see nothing! its just implied. The language is pretty salty, but my philosophy is: If you here that one F-bomb in a PG-13 movie, its the same as if you here 15 in an R movie. Too me it gives the same imprint on my brain. Also something a lot of reviews talk about is Laird artwork. Oh my god you are the most absurd people ever! The art has nothing graphic, plus its animals. This movie is very funny, and not all that bad. I would compare it to something like 21 Jump street on a level of inappropriate things. It also has a very nice message at the end about not judging a book by its cover, and accepting people. I highly recommend this movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byIlovemovies123 March 1, 2017

Funny as hell

I think 12 year olds can even handle this I took my 12 year old brother and his friend and me and my friend went to see this we all thought it was great we laughed It was the best movie there's just a tone of sex talk and the language is pretty heavy
Teen, 13 years old Written byleilagallienne December 3, 2017

GREAT - BUT NOT AGE APPROPRIATE

This movie has extensive amounts of f*ck, mother f*ckers, b*tch, and all the other "swear words"... There are many scenes which include extremely crude, sexual and innapropriate references. Many which my family and I laughed at, but for kids who are still immature, stupid and don't have a clue about growing up, (usually about from 11 - 14 years of age), don't let them watch this!

Teen, 15 years old Written byJMS12392952 May 31, 2017

Really funny

Why Him is the best comedy of the year! The jokes were great and I loved the characters. James Franco kills it in this one. A must see for everyone.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHarry.trax January 29, 2017

Raunchy , crude and silly comedie !

Funny but silly comedie with sexual material and really crude humor. The acting is good but the story plot is boring . Has tons of sex references and brief nudity , brief sexual content and strong language . Age : 15+ For sexual material and strong language .

Teen, 15 years old Written byPipeCine January 22, 2017

Give It An Opportunity? Why Not?

Romantic comedy has been one of the most harmed film genres in this new era of anodyne artistic revolutions; nowadays, the lucky ones which achieve to lay out unprecedented circumstances are practically non-exist, mixtures are radically away from Judd Apatow' and company's instauration a few years ago, where scatological humor and sarcastic gags were available.Once British people determined the official romcoms prescription, western people sought to make the same thing coming up with more American subjects ("Meet the Parents").In 2016, love story full-length films for couples had no prestigious presence whatsoever, and despite the fact that it is not a resurgence of the genre, Jonah Hill's movie wins audience's hearts through the essential of the plot, irrigating superb comical situations (with lascivious content on the top), pointing out ineluctable generational switchings and exhibiting modern technologies impact in order to get a laugh more than ever. Not every day we have the possibility to see how Bryan Cranston endures mercilessly in a technological toilet, a foreign hygienic body system (used after urination or defecation) controlled through your smartphone, a place where 'toilet paper' expression does not exist; not every day we have a female personal assistant (with own individualities) in Kaley Cuoco's voice ("The Big Bang Theory"), and much less we can see Megan Mullally trying to have impulsive sexual relations with her husband under the influence of marijuana, only by these three constituents, value of the ticket is worth. "Why Him?," set up by the experts in the field, John Hamburg ("Along Came Polly"), Jonah Hill ("Sausage Party") and Ian Helfer ("The Oranges"), fails to formulate something necessarily different in father-vs.-fiancé or parent-child stories, with the abnormality that in these changeable times, bride's dad is not the domineering, but he is the dominated. And that's exactly what makes it an interesting and even welcome idea. Despite the fact that it presents a lack of brand-new elements, it does not destroy or deteriorate genre reusing expressions, moreover, generates hilarious conjunctions, encouraging mostly by a magnificent James Franco and a sumptuous Cranston. After they glimpse in a peculiar way to the guy who is dating their daughter Stephanie (Zoey Deutch)—who has spent several years attending Stanford University, —Ned and Barb Fleming, a deferential and American old-fashioned parents, decide to visit her along with their younger son on the occasion of passing a beautiful Christmas eve in family. Although they've had already a first (incorrect) impression, the only thing what happens when arriving at the mansion of his new son-in-law is to see in flesh and blood how their fears come true, what would be translated as the worst nightmare for a father.Laird Mayhew, played by Franco, is a spoiled son of Sillicon Valley, creator and owner of a mobile games company, he is a man with good intentions but socially small-minded who aims to win the hearts of his in-laws and his younger brother-in-law through gifts of big media relevance from Steve Aoki, Elon Musk to Richard Blais, nonetheless, his 'no filter' personality will make holiday season into a full enjoyment. Ensconce yourself in your seat with fresh popcorn and a glass of your favorite soda, relax, overlook the pubic hair of Franco in the opening scene and prepare for a fun Christmas journey.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySpacemanJoker January 15, 2017

Radical Genius & Hilarious

Piece of art ahead of the curve message, extremely funny and great performances especially by James Franco

Teen, 14 years old Written byGrandBikeRider September 8, 2017

Hilarious movie! I couldn't stop laughing :)

This movie was amazing. I though it was really funny and that a lot of teens and adults would enjoy it. I do agree that it should be for ages 17 and up but it has great messages about family, and that caring is important.