All parent member reviews for Winnie the Pooh

Parent of a 3 year old Written byLife of Leisure July 15, 2011

Great Family Movie

Thank you "Winnie the Pooh" for being a kid's movie that was actually made for kids! Our whole family enjoyed it, there were funny parts for the youngest ones (slapstick style) and funny parts for older kids and adults (characters interacting with pages in a book). Love it! This will certainly go in our collection when it comes out on video. Hope to see more movies like this in the future.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymikeypweiss July 31, 2011

If your 3 year old is afraid of monsters DO NOT stay for the final credits!

We loved the movie. BUT my 3.5 year old was terrified of the Backsun (Back Soon). He buried his head into my side so deep I thought he would bore a hole in me. NOW, if your kid is freaked out by the Boxsun DO NOT stay for the entire credits. After a lot of reassuring that the Backsun was not real, it pops up at the very end of the credits and squashed all of my work. My son was FREAKED out and has not slept a full night through since we saw the movie.
Parent Written byMJB2014 July 9, 2015

Backson animation scared my 3-year old!

This movie looked like the perfect choice for my 3-year old to watch on a hot afternoon while his baby sister was napping. It was beautifully animated and the voicing was entertaining. So far, so good. Unfortunately we then got to the 'Backson' part of the story and my son got very scared, shaking with fright and crying. He hasn't stopped talking about the Backson since! This morning he woke up saying there was a Backson in his room. It's unusual for him to be scared by movies and he has seen some movies that are rated on here for older ages e.g. Cars and Legoland without being scared. I'm not sure why this particular animation sequence was so alarming for him - possibly because his beloved Winnie the Pooh characters were scared of the Backson too? Either way, it is a lovely movie and seems to be appropriate for the age group of 3-4 but it's worth warning others that the Backson storyline could have an impact on a sensitive child or one who is going through a phase of being scared by everything. Something to keep in mind when selecting this movie if you have a younger or sensitive child.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bynoelles August 20, 2014

Great for kids!

Something I can watch with my kids without all of the incredibly annoying musical numbers.
Parent Written byMr. Mario August 26, 2012

Winnie the Pooh 2011

Masterful!
Parent of an infant, 3, 5, and 5 year old Written byFowlerFan May 4, 2012

An Instant Classic

You really can't go wrong with Winnie the Pooh - in book form, TV series or movies. We took our kids - 3, 5 and 5 to see this in the theatre. It was their first movie in the theatre, and a good one. Our eldest came home singing the Backsun song. We bought the DVD when it came out. Compared to the other shows out there, there's nothing you can say bad about this.
Adult Written byTony632 April 8, 2012

dissapointing, but harmless disney flick

great for kids , might bore anyone older than 8. It has to silly of a premise to be considered engaging in any way.
Adult Written byJEDI micah March 30, 2012

CAN'T GET ANY CUTER THAN THIS!!!

There is absolutely nothing inappropriate in this movie! It is down-right cute, and you parents will love it too!
Parent Written byAli202 February 29, 2012

Great for young children!

This is a movie that I can really feel good about letting my young kids watch, which I can hardly say for almost any other animated movie.
Parent Written bytreat02 February 26, 2012

good movie!

this movie was a cute story and it is great for all ages. Great movie.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Winnie the Pooh the movie 2011

good animated Pooh adventure, some funny parts and some advanced parts but sweet pooh bear tale
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byDogLover in DE November 11, 2011

Thumbs up for the whole family

I took my 6 year old daughter and 2.5 year old son to see this with my husband. We all really enjoyed it. My son was a bit scared in parts, but he is fairly sensitive to such things. Once he was on my lap he enjoyed most of it as well. That is why I think this movie might be better for 3 years olds than 2 year olds.
Adult Written bydemaion September 15, 2011

This is the Winnie the Pooh everyone loves.

good storytelling, fun for all, at all levels. Not too scary, but a good story.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAmanda D. September 9, 2011

Great classic Winnie the Pooh movie

This movie was funny and my 4 year old was able to get a lot of the jokes. I like that they didn't try to update the animation and left it with classic board animation.
Parent Written bypenn1592006 August 20, 2011

25 and still in love

Great movie and still entertaining for adults also, however if you were expecting any of the original voices and expressions don't hold your breath. Other than that I was not disappointed, keep in mind this is Pooh and a G movie so don't expect a tremendous story line or believable interactions.
Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written bycrizeliz August 13, 2011

Thank you Disney for a true G rated movie

I am so glad there is finally a movie I feel safe taking my little ones too. There is no objectionable content in this film. It's all good fun with a mildly scary part that is all cleared up as a misunderstanding in the end. My children loved this film and left smiling. So many G or PG films these days seem full of things that are just too scary of full of innuendo and subject matter which is just not necessary for the younger views. I am so happy to have been able to take my little ones to a safe movie.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byltlbird August 12, 2011

Finally a movie with NO poop jokes and NO sexual innuendo. Yea!

This was a great family movie. My 5 and 7 year old girls both had a good time. Lots of laughs and just a tinge of scary (the Backson). Mom and Dad liked it too. I didn't even notice it was a short movie. I am so grateful to see a movie that isn't filled with poop jokes and sexual innuendo. I was just a simple sweet movie about friends helping each other and doing silly things. Pooh makes a tough decision to put off eating his honey and go help his friends.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byJenF August 8, 2011

A sweet movie for all

I took my 6 year old daughter and 9 year old son. All of us loved the movie. I thought my son would think it uncool to go to this one, but he really enjoyed it. There was some word play such as Piglet saying he could "not knot" when using a rope that kept everyone laughing. I am not kidding when I say there was applause from much of the theater at the end of the movie. I was glad to see something we could all watch with joy and innocence. So many of us, of all ages have a place in our hearts for these enduring characters. Enjoy.
Parent Written by1Mom23girls August 5, 2011

True to Pooh

Genuine Winnie the Pooh! This was a wonderful movie and the first movie in a theater for my "just turned 4" year old. My 5 1/2 and 7 1/2 loved it, too. As a parent, I liked the story line with the value of friendship at the helm. The humor was appealing to all of us. We need more movies like this one!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bypelotoner July 29, 2011

Great Movie for ALL ages!!

Finally a movie with no language and no rudeness, just fun and funny antics. Surprisingly, we (the parents) enjoyed it also! Lots of laughs for everyone. Go see it!