Parent reviews for X-Men: The Last Stand

X-Men: The Last Stand Poster Image

plot didn't make any sense

The plot was all over the place. which made it confusing in the bad way not in a ggod way like dunkerk was but in a bad way skip this if you can and watch the other x men movies in the trilogy

Skip it if you can.

Scary and Graphic

This movie made me cry when i was 8 years old. The seen when angel grows his wings and shaves them off, is so vilont graphic and sad.

Bad words

language: "Dick-head" and calling someone plainly, "Bitch!" to their face - not comfortable with this for my kids...also pretty violent at parts.

Terrible and violent. Too bad for anyone to watch.

An average end to an above average trilogy!

Bryan Singer chose to direct the mediocre "Superman Returns" over this. I wish he hadn't. Instead of dipping into other hero gene pools, he needed to stay where he'd left his biggest mark! His absence is notable: there's cheesier dialogue, an absence of major characters and new characters that add little to the story. Otherwise, the story was solid, the effects I'd go as far to say were superb, except Professor X and Magneto's CGI faces set 2 decades in the past in the beginning of the film. It's the weakest of the original 3 for sure, but the acting and action still make it worth a watch.

Iffy, Especially Compared to 1 and 2...

X-MEN: THE LAST STAND is an enjoyable conclusion (maybe) to a great franchise that started in mediocrity, achieved a stellar second installment, and now ends with a bang. This movie isn't as good as #2, but it is still very entertaining to watch. The bad news is that it is much iffier than the first two X-men movies. Aside from the superhero-style violence that you would expect from this movie, two major characters are killed (both of them killed by other main characters). Both of these sequences will be harrowing for kids. There is also a significant quantity of language in this movie: "s**t", "b**ch", and "a*s" are heard several times, as well as "d**khead". There is also one fairly graphic (albiet unfinished) sexual encounter between two main characters. The woman is seen pulling off the man's belt and rubbing her hands under his shirt while she wears revealing clothing. He lays down on top of her and rubs her hips as she wraps her legs around his body (we see an extended shot of this, including some sexual movement and close-ups of pleasured faces). However, before any clothes are taken off, the encounter is ended and the man is thrown by the woman against a wall. In another scene, a nude woman is shown laying on the ground in profile. We see the entire nude side of her body, excluding genitals. We see parts of her breasts, but her arms obscure any graphic nudity.