All parent member reviews for X2: X-Men United

Adult Written byChris LP November 22, 2008

A comic book movie classic!

X2 is the best of the X-Men films. This one is more intense than it is violent. Also, there is a scene with implied oral sex in a bathroom stall between a woman and a man.
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009

Quite more violent (and racy) than the first

The sexual content is quite graphic for the PG-13. It includes heavy kissing. The violence is also disturbing. But a very good film, btw.
Adult Written byGordan Freeman April 9, 2008

A comicbook movie that will leave everyone happy

I am a big fan of Marvel comics and am very familiar with the X-men characters. I liked the original for how well it fit in with the comics, but I didn't recommend it to people who were not comic fans, as that is who it was really designed for. The same is not true of X2 It stays true to the comics and also serves as a fine action move for the non comic fan, although it might not make too much sense to some one who missed the original.
Adult Written byjumpinbini April 9, 2008

X-men 2 was better than the first one, but mainly because the second movie allowed for more character development and in the first one they had to take the time to introduce the characters. I highly enjoyed this movie, there is some sexual content(nothing graphic), some violoence(it is an action flick), and a little bit of strong language, but still a movie I think the kids could handle seeing. I did say that I thought that this flick is better than the first, but that does not mean that the first one isn't good. And, I do recommend seeing the first one before watching this one or else you might be lost.
Adult Written by4Spice July 28, 2010

very good

its a very good movie more violent the the first and lots more action i liked the first one a little bit better because it was more of a classic but this one is fulled of action 11 and over for violence
Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

...

Way too much violence and sexuality for kids.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion August 14, 2010

Great Superhero Movie!

I was not impressed with the original X-MEN. That's probably why it's been about a year between viewing the first one and its sequel. But for those of you who are thinking about quitting after #1: the series gets better. This movie has everything the first one lacked: thrilling adventure, sympathetic characters, moving messages, and a creative story. And, for the most part, it's family friendly. There's quite a bit of violence in this movie. 10-12 people are stabbed and killed by Wolverine, with no blood but accompanying sounds. Child mutants are shot with paralyzing darts and later have non-graphic tests performed on them. A man is strangled with a chain, and later drowned offscreen. Some police cruisers are set aflame, but no one is hurt. The movie opens with an assassination attempt on the President, but the assailant is revealed to be a hero, whose mind was controlled by the villain. Mild sexuality includes a scene where Mystique (able to shift forms), takes the personification of a sexy blonde and seduces a prison guard (in order to orchestrate a jailbreak). They passionately kiss and run to the bathroom (presumably for sex) before she knocks him out. I don't remember a single curse word. The movie features strong male, female, and ethnic characters who sacrifice themselves for their friends. Almost all the characters in the film put others before themselves, and those who don't are portrayed in a negative light. Faith in a higher power or destiny is shown to be helpful and comforting in times of trouble. And, the heroes and "villains" briefly unite against a common enemy (although it isn't long before they take their respective sides again).
Parent of a 11, 14, and 15 year old Written bycashed12 July 27, 2010

Humble,Heroic,And Cool for 11-year old superhero fans

This movie is cool and all,But the violence and language for a PG-13,I saw it on Space on Canada Day,I'm am NOT going to miss this on my PSPgo,Kitty and Mystique are the BUSINESS,And i cannot stand it!
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

great

if you thought the first one was good this one is 10 times better it's almost unbelievable how good this is but there is alot of violence caution -11
Adult Written bysimpsonssaydoh2 April 9, 2008

Very good.

Best of the series
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 25, 2014

Educator and Parent of a 1, 2, 4, 6, and 14 year old Written bySuperherofan May 18, 2014

Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byDrKazza March 10, 2014

Great fun for a 7 yr old with a couple of moments that were badly judged

My son (7) is really obsessed with superheroes right now and Xmen and Xmen 2 were a couple that we thought would be ok to watch. In general 95% of these films are good fun and he loved them however the scene where mystique meets a security guard in a bar and the ensuing scene is really inappropriate for a 7 yr old - (my mistake)
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 February 6, 2014

A deeper exploration into the X-Men

This is a sequel that actually improves on the original! Jackman, McKellen and Stewart excel in their superhero roles, bringing an added layer to their heroes that could've been one dimensional. The action's great, a solid, follow-able plot...what more can you ask for from a comic book movie?
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski December 14, 2012