Parent reviews for Yesterday

Sweet romance, some swearing in appealing comedy/fantasy.

Adult Written bypath2thenorth June 28, 2019

great feel good movie

we took our 10 year old to see it. There is a scene where two of the characters are drinking (no one does anything stupid), one that alludes to sex (a jacket comes off and the roll on the bed clothed a bit) and some language. But we felt comfortable taking him to see it. We are big music and Beatles fans!!

We didn't take him to see Rocketman...that is too much for him.

Parent of a 11 and 14-year-old Written bynoejacks September 22, 2019

Fun Little Movie with Great Music

I saw this movie with my sons, ages almost 12 and 14. It was a creative premise for a movie--definitely appealing to kids and a good way to introduce them to some classic music at the same time. There were interesting moral topics to discuss afterward --particularly regarding the emotional effects that "the big lie" had on the main character and also how the older couple/Beatles fans who knew about it had a different take on it, for the sake of preserving history. Overall, an enjoyable feel good movie.

Parent of a 5, 10, and 10-year-old Written bysilwuttke November 29, 2019

THE BEETLES

GREAT movie but has LOTS of kissing at the end and BAD LANGUAGE such as s***, son of a b****, a**, and a cut off on mother f***. Includes one scary and violent scene when Jack is riding his bike and then gets hit by a huge bus. Also has a lot of drinking and a great movie for teenagers.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byChelibiris October 22, 2019

Happy movie

Very nice job “introducing” The Beatles to this era!

Adult Written byCCCK June 28, 2019

Parents beware

Very pronounced GD and long awkward moment discussing if they would sleep together. Of course the music is wonderful but definitely better hearing the Beatles. Parts of it dragged out but overall ok. We would have been fine to sit this one out or watch on demand later.
Adult Written byJsay21 August 22, 2020

Good, but watch out for deleted scene

We watched this with my 12 year old and she enjoyed it, although I had to explain a few references to her. The movie itself is fine for that age but there is one deleted scene where they show the main character waking up in bed with a woman. He jumps up and runs into the bathroom and they show his bare butt. Oops! My daughter was super embarrassed but it was kind of funny. Anyway we learned our lesson to watch out for deleted scenes!
Adult Written byClaireA71 July 6, 2020

I have boys aged 11 and 12 and we all loved this film

Its a great film just right for this age group.

Adult Written bySingingNanny January 10, 2020
Parent of a 13 and 17-year-old Written byCarlos E. November 23, 2019
Adult Written byLarryzimmy September 28, 2019

Falls short

Starts off with a great idea to fall short of resolve.
Give it 1 star.

Adult Written byCatgirl34 September 20, 2019

Great movie appropriate for teens

I love that ed sheeran was in this movie! and think its a perfectly fine movie for teens to watch there are some scenes that you might be worried about your teen/child seeing like drinking (no one does anything dumb) and in a different scene the characters briefly talking about if they would sleep together but I think that its appropriate for 13+ i would watch it before you let a young child see it just to approve. overall great movie romantic, very funny, cute, and I loved the music I will definitely watch it again!

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byltcolkep August 3, 2019

Surprisingly good movie!

A fun movie with good music. Certainly a romantic (ultimately) movie with a nice mix of humor. Nicely put together and well acted. I thought Ed Sheehan was pretty much going to be a limited speaking cameo, but he played a larger role than expected. Thought he did well, and with a little more experience, he could probably be successful acting. The implausible plot seems reasonable. I didn’t even notice the mild swearing. And there was nothing I’d worry about the kids seeing. I’d recommend it for a fun family movie!
Parent of a 14-year-old Written byTadesca July 21, 2019

Feel good fantasy without Superheroes

This was such a well made movie, and it does feature Ed Sheeran!

A bit of language, but nothing the kids haven't heard on the playground. The story is very endearing and ends positively.

The moral lessons about lying are very strong.

Adult Written byMommyEili July 7, 2019

I like it

This movie is good but has some stuff. I like the music.

Adult Written byJbeebe807 July 2, 2019

Really good movie!

Really cute movie that is light hearted and shows what happens when you get caught up in a lie!
Good music and nice story.
Adult Written bymovieman48 July 1, 2019

Feel Good Movie

Really enjoyed this. A feel good movie. Obviously very surreal - I mean, how could the Beatles just disappear from history? But in our fame hungry age has a good message - that it's people and relationships that count, not fame and money. Kids should be OK with it as no real swearing or sex scenes. Just one point - it might be lost on kids who don't remember the Beatles. But for my generation it was nostalgia.
Parent of a 15-year-old Written byLeofilmer June 29, 2019

Good comedy

Adult Written byT F June 29, 2019

Incredibly good movie, good feelings, fun

I took my two early 20s daughters to this film. It was so refreshing to see a non-super-hero movie. It was incredibly well done. Lots of emotions. Funny!!!!!!! Good taste. Nice to see a PG-13 comedy that isn’t crass. Thank you Working Title and Universal Pictures for funding this beautiful film. Long live The Beatles!!!!

Adult Written byMotormouth1107 June 27, 2019

Yesterday

I think the movie is appropriate for teens ages 13 and above.

Adult Written byAnonymos June 26, 2019