Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Yesterday

Sweet romance, some swearing in appealing comedy/fantasy.

Adult Written bypath2thenorth June 28, 2019

great feel good movie

we took our 10 year old to see it. There is a scene where two of the characters are drinking (no one does anything stupid), one that alludes to sex (a jacket comes off and the roll on the bed clothed a bit) and some language. But we felt comfortable taking him to see it. We are big music and Beatles fans!! We didn't take him to see Rocketman...that is too much for him.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byTadesca July 21, 2019

Feel good fantasy without Superheroes

This was such a well made movie, and it does feature Ed Sheeran! A bit of language, but nothing the kids haven't heard on the playground. The story is very endearing and ends positively. The moral lessons about lying are very strong.

Adult Written bysas421 July 14, 2019

I thoroughly enjoyed it

Aside from the fact the main character, Jack, lied about being the writer of the Beatle's songs early on, he at least did "fess up" near the end. There are two kissing scenes, and one toward the end in which he takes her home and your imagination can figure the rest. All in all, fairly innocent, and ad an adult who loves the Beatles, I enjoyed it immensely.

Adult Written byMommyEili July 7, 2019

I like it

This movie is good but has some stuff. I like the music.

Adult Written byJbeebe807 July 2, 2019

Really good movie!

Really cute movie that is light hearted and shows what happens when you get caught up in a lie! Good music and nice story.
Adult Written bymovieman48 July 1, 2019

Feel Good Movie

Really enjoyed this. A feel good movie. Obviously very surreal - I mean, how could the Beatles just disappear from history? But in our fame hungry age has a good message - that it's people and relationships that count, not fame and money. Kids should be OK with it as no real swearing or sex scenes. Just one point - it might be lost on kids who don't remember the Beatles. But for my generation it was nostalgia.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byLeofilmer June 29, 2019

Good comedy

Adult Written byterra100 June 29, 2019

Incredibly good movie, good feelings, fun

I took my two early 20s daughters to this film. It was so refreshing to see a non-super-hero movie. It was incredibly well done. Lots of emotions. Funny!!!!!!! Good taste. Nice to see a PG-13 comedy that isn’t crass. Thank you Working Title and Universal Pictures for funding this beautiful film. Long live The Beatles!!!!

Adult Written byCCCK June 28, 2019

Parents beware

Very pronounced GD and long awkward moment discussing if they would sleep together. Of course the music is wonderful but definitely better hearing the Beatles. Parts of it dragged out but overall ok. We would have been fine to sit this one out or watch on demand later.
Adult Written byMotormouth1107 June 27, 2019

Yesterday

I think the movie is appropriate for teens ages 13 and above.

Adult Written byAnonymos June 26, 2019