Parent reviews for Yogi Bear

Dumber-than-average family comedy won't even impress kids.

Adult Written bybasbel October 7, 2011

stupid waste of time stinks

i think this is the worst movie i have seen in years. i would rather jump off a cliff. then see yogi bear. it is so stupid that you do not ever get it the jokes are dumb the plot..... a waste. and there paying ten bucks a person to see trash? DO NOT WASTE TIME there are manny good movies out there. i had to sit there and it was .......................... boring eighty minutes of..... junk
Adult Written byvicpulido May 3, 2020

Excellent movie for all the family

Nice movie for family, safe for little kids yet enjoyable also by older kids and parents. Villains are not scary, not bad words at all, not disrespectful behaviour. Good values like respect for nature, forgiveness, friendship and team work, persistance and creativity. I found a bit too unfair and inexplicable the rate given by Common sense, hope they review it again as they are making parents miss out a simple fun movie for their kids.

Adult Written byRarityfan September 19, 2018

Yogi!

It's no big think movie like Inception of course. Just some innoncent fun. Lots of slapstick, explosions and out of context. Of consumerism there are a lot of rare Yogi spin offs on VHS and DVD like Yo Yogi!

Parent of a 7, 7, 7, 10, 10, and 10-year-old Written byPiki1234 July 27, 2018

Good Beary Good Movie

Good my movie of growing up

Parent Written byParent CA February 23, 2018

Safe for sensitive kids

I don't understand the bad review by Common Sense Media. This film is clearly not intended to be an Oscar winner. It's simple, harmless fun. My 5 yr old twins are really sensitive to stressful storylines and nasty characters. There are only 3 other movies we have watched that they got through to the end without getting upset or asking me to turn it off. They laughed at Yogi and at the turtle. The bad guys aren't scary, just a playground level of mean and selfish. The tension was minor - one of them got a bit worried and sat on my knee during the glider scene, but it ends well. They followed the plot with only a little bit of explanation. There is one very quick kiss between the human male and female, but nothing inappropriate. I liked the conservation message, and my daughter noticed and liked that the female human character had an interesting job, and helped catch the bad guys.

Adult Written byBeverley R. July 18, 2017

Witty and memorable

This movie has great one liners that makes it funny for adults and children. My car windows stick the same as the governor's and the number of times we have said "wow yikes I'll just pretend I didn't see that!!" has become a real catchphrase. It's not trying to be War and Peace or a peurile cartoon. If it has a bad review then the writer has a sense of humour failure as it is funny on so many levels. if you can't laugh at jokes and originality then stay away from this hilarious movie. If it doesn't make you laugh out loud you have a big problem!!

Parent of a 2 and 4-year-old Written bymarjaecash May 14, 2016

Great for the whole family!

Not sure why this movie is getting such rough reviews... As parents of 2 boys under 5 years old, my husband and I struggle to find movies that appeal to us and our boys. Yogi Bear is an easy going, cute and funny movie. Our boys loved it so much they wanted to watch again as soon as it was over! And it's got a positive message about preserving nature and working as a team, that really spoke to our 4 year old and brought out his eagerness and excitement! We highly recommend taking a trip to Jellystone!!!

Adult Written byLowe's man September 7, 2014

A better movie than you say it is.

Although the movie isn't as good as it would've been if Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera would've been alive and able to give advice, it would've been a tall order to expect it to be. The producers did their best and stayed loyal to the cartoon. Ranger Smith was obviously disgruntled once gone from Jellystone, but, with Yogi and Boo-Boo's help, he was able to save Jellystone and expose what Mayor Brown was up to. (To some extent Mayor Brown reminds me of James Dobson.) Once Mayor Brown is out of the picture, his deeds having been exposed, it's back to business as usual at Jellystone. Ranger Smith obviously takes his job seriously. Yogi attempts to steal picnic baskets, but- if I remember the movie right- he doesn't get away with it. The movie also emphasizes the beauty and importance of state and national parks. While nostalgic adults could feel either way about this movie, kids will love it. Good lessons for kids too.
Parent of a 6-year-old Written byAdam D. June 8, 2014

Boring, unoriginal

Opt for board game night, this movie is extremely boring. I may have laughed once and it is supposed to be a comedy! Plot is completely unoriginal and the acting is in the B movie realm. Terribly entertainment value!
Adult Written bypjpjm August 7, 2012

AWESOME movie for little ones

We LOVE this movie. Yogi Bear is so funny and my kids (4,4, and 6) actually quote this movie to be funny. The crazy adventures are a ton of fun and there is nothing in this movie that is inappropriate for young children (which is impressive because so many "kid" movies try to cater to adults and kids and in so doing include language or scenes that are not appropriate for kids).
Adult Written byRaptor69 January 5, 2012

CGI?

CGI is not the answer to every movie

Adult Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Yogi bear 2010

good bear comedy lots of jokes youll expect from the two average bear's yogi and bo bo

Adult Written byReed and Shelby October 21, 2011

MUCH better than I thought

This movie was A LOT better than commonsense said it would be. It was clean, funny, entertaining, and had a great moral and ending. I found myself wondering if commonsense had watched the same movie I had. It's no Oscar winner, but it was CERTAINLY worth the $1 rental from Red Box. Sorry commonsense, you were just dead wrong about this movie. It was a fun family movie night for us!

Adult Written bybdh June 17, 2011

1 star

horrible movie waste of time and money.
Parent of a 6 and 6-year-old Written byEyeball May 9, 2011
We all enjoyed this movie as a family, everyone got a laugh, just like the old days watching Yogi Bear cartoons!

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byCaseyMovie April 21, 2011

Mostly Ages 6 to 7

Yogi Bear is a movie that well, not all parents will like.
It's more for the kids and not very exciting at all.
If you're expecting a movie for the whole family to enjoy then this wouldn't be the best choice.
To sum it up, The original Yogi Bear was much better no question about it! This is just a very sad attempt to redo Yogi Bear more better. But it just didn't work with this one!

Parent of a 3-year-old Written byStrawberry4605 April 21, 2011

Loved it!

My 3 year-old loved it! It can be a bit violent at times for someone that young, but never scary. Good overall message.

Parent of a 3, 3, 5, 7, and 8-year-old Written bymomy4six April 15, 2011

Laughs for little ones.

My kids thought the action was very funny. It helps introduce the outdoors, especially to kids who don't get to experience them very often.

Adult Written byLouiebouy April 1, 2011

The kids just carck up over this one

The kids just carck up over this one. Yogi is still the same old Yogi, but modernized somewhat. It has quite a few moments of "I hope my kids don't try that out at home". But overall it's a fairly good movie.

Parent Written byTXBoysMom April 1, 2011

It is what it is--a funny movie geared for younger kids

I am surprised that this movie got so many negative reviews. I have 3 and 6 y/o boys, and our movie night choices are made with them in mind. I need a movie that my 6 y/o wont reject as babyish, but one that isnt scary or inappropriate for the preschooler. This led us to Yogi Bear.

Both my boys thought this movie was great and laughed out loud throughout it. I found it cute and not annoying, which is what I hope for when I get a movie for a kindergartener and preschooler. Yes, the plot is thin to non-existent and the dialogue isnt going to win any Oscars. But its cute with a positive message, there is a bad guy but he isnt at all scary, theres a love interest but it stays goofy rather than sexual, and the only objectionable joke/language was the playing of the Sir Mixalots song with the line -I like big butts- (which of course made the 6 y/o roll on the floor laughing). OK, I could have definitely done without that bit, but all things considered, this movie is lighthearted fun appropriate for younger ages and up. I wish there were more movies like this.