Kid reviews for Young Sherlock Holmes

Young Sherlock Holmes Poster Image

Decent Holmes Property

I love all things Sherlock Holmes. He is an incredible character, and the best semi-modern detective out there. However, this is a mediocre version of the classic detective. It really is a decent movie, but with movies like Enola Holmes and Robert Downey Jr.'s Sherlock Holmes and shows like Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch, this movie kind of pales in comparison. It's a little bit scary, but mostly it's just bland. Watch Sherlock if you want a good spin on Sherlock Holmes.

this was way too scary and inappropriate. this was also nearly as boring as D.A.R.Y.L. which means it is very boring

Glorious adventure, but with some very dark elements

For me, the movie was just bellow a resounding success. The acting was mediocre, but the idea and plot made up for it well. However, despite being a movie aimed at a younger audience, it as certainly very gory, at least in ideas. One girl (aged perhaps 16) is seen being wrapped alive and semi-conscious in linen, and then covered in boiling wax. She screams and Holmes tries to intervene, but is unsuccessful. It is suggested that 3 other girls have met the same fate, and one main character very nearly does as well. Also, one main character is shot and dies, but there is no blood at all and the acting is pretty awful. However, these dark elements are practically compulsory in a Sherlock Holmes movie, especially if its aim is to explain how he became who he was in the original novels. Another thing that surprised me was that Watson is briefly shown attempting to smoke a pipe, and Sherlock is scornful when he doesn't manage. But, once again, this can be explained away by the aim of the movie. After all, in the novels Sherlock and Watson are both said to smoke pipes, and Sherlock is also an occasional cocaine user, so having evidently occasionally smoked in his youth is not surprising. In conclusion, the movie is perfect for teenage Holmes fans, but may be a bad choice for more sensitive younger children.

-Sherlock tale is a great pick for any mystery lover-

Young Sherlock Holmes is a classic 80's film, and It will delight anyone who loves Sherlock Holmes, or mysteries. Holmes is 15 and at a boarding-school in London, when he meets his soon to be lifetime partner Watson. The two boys soon take an interest in the puzzling suicides occurring in the town, and Holmes resolves to solve them. This movie is full of mystery, laughs, and action, and it's PG-13 rating comes from the few dead bodies, and occasional violence. Holmes and a villain have a sword duel, and they draw blood once or twice, but are not seriously wounded. The other fighting includes: a strange Egyptian sacrifice, more sword-fighting, some hand to hand combat, stabbing, getting trampled by a horse, and falling from windows. Holmes wields a piece of wood, and a piece of fence railing to fight in the end. So overall, I give the violence a 3 out of five, and the language (D**n about 5 times) a 2 1/2 of 5.

DON'T watch this movie!!!

My mom got only a minute or two into the movie and she had to turn it off because it was so freaky. I say DON'T watch this movie!!! DISTURBING IMAGES!!!!!!

Great Movie for 10-11+

Great movie. My 9 year old brother that watched it with me was scared alot. So 11 years old is about the ok age.

Excellent prequel to the Sherlock Holmes stories, I thought this was carried out far better than the new Holmes. (Even though I did enjoy the new one.) It is also noticeably more violent than the new one, in spite of it's younger cast; women are sacrificed alive to an evil cult, people go crazy and have nightmares about things coming to life and attacking them, people die rather graphic deaths, etc.

Great Movie!

Its a great movie! I would reccomend it only for people that LOVE mystery/scary/adventure movies because this one has it all. The story is great but it may be scary to kids under the age of 11 or 10. Great movie!

uggh

my mom made the mistake of showing this movie to me (12), and my two brothers (6 and 14). They were both scared. some scenes, like the mummifaction ceremony, are truly disturbing. also, i did not like it when the priest was killed. plus, it wasnt even a good movie. there are much better ones out there. not reccommended