Parent and Kid Reviews on

Zombies Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 72 kid reviews

Sort by:

one of the best movie's i have watched

Its a good movie i loved watching i it has good quality and much more

HIGH SCHOOL ❗❗

This movie was FAR BETTER than I expected it to be. I thought I would just watch and laugh at it but I am unironically having a brainrot rn The overall aesthetic was so cool. I loved the use of green being used to both represent zombies and cheerleaders. About how it had two seperate sides and they United into a colorful city. It really showed Bucky as a serious threat and complex character, and his development at the end was awesome! Though since it removes most of the context only to be explained in later movies, I'd give it a 4 I liked the soundtrack too, it was so awesome. Once a song is heard it literally cannot get out of your head. Probably one of the best musical soundtracks ever heard
1 person found this helpful.

do not recommend. stereotypical madness.

horrible acting. there are a lot of stereotypes; blonde cheerleader, etc. "a crappy movie." - 11 year old "not good but a little entertaining." - 8 year old

Problematic attempt. Why?

This movie wasn’t great. The zombies are being discriminated against. It seems like a lame attempt at discussing important things like discrimination and segregation. However Disney does it through a cheesy musical where every single character is white. And for a movie that is low-key about inclusiveness - not based on where a person is from - it’s probably not a good idea to start by saying they used to be dangerous but they are good now that we’ve locked them up. There are cheesy songs.
1 person found this helpful.

Not what I would call a good movie

I just wasn't a big fan of the movie, I get I'm probably not the targeted audience, but I still just couldn't make myself like it. The conflict, acting, and songs were all terrible. The girl has white hair and they make it way more big of a deal than it really is. I forget if I finished the movie, but I do remember it being bad.

Stereo type central, i would have watched descendants rather then this crap.

Any good? I haven't watched the entire thing, BUT! I have watched some of it. Positive Things: 1. The movie promotes accepting people for who they are whether they are zombies or not, 2. Some of the role models are good. Not-so-great things: 1. TOO MANY GIRL STEREO-TYPES, hear me out, boy stereotypes aren't so fantastic either, but the girls are always snobby rich people with blonde hair/blue eyes! It is super annoying. 2. The songs are a little annoying. 3. Everybody cares about looks and not personality! 4. (YES 4) There are some scary moments, if you are watching with kids under age ten, viewer discretion is advised.

bad movie, good message

This isnt innapropriate at all, just a really bad movie. The acting is bad, the characters do things that are so out of context and have nothing to do with the film. The only thing i like about this movie is that it uses zombies and humans as a metaphore for racism and racist steryotypes. LIke they are more aggressive, dangerous, untrustworthy, but they prove them wrong.

Please just save the hassle and money it's not worth it.

I wouldn't bother watching this movie it portrays the stupid and sucky teen romance that is just pathetic it is a basic plot and story, girl meets boy, falls in love, and tries to save the universe from hatred, and obviously that's what happens. It's really cheesy and is like almost every Disney live action movie out there.

Stupid movie

I almost threw up, don't watch it

battling racism with racism

even when this movie first came out, it left a bad taste in my mouth. the characters are mostly white with the exception of one or two reoccurring characters (one per white protagonist). IF it's about racism which i cant even tell, the fact that the zombies' stereotypes still are true and are literal ZOMBIES is sketchy. People of color have been represented as many bad metaphors, but using zombies, werewolves, and aliens (???) to try to make younger kids understand will be confusing, and it will at best muddy the understanding if you're trying to show it to a kid for them to learn something.