Parent reviews for Zoolander

Surprisingly entertaining modeling spoof has sex, swearing.

Adult Written byMatt B. February 21, 2019

I'm surprised that you rated this for 14+

This should be rated R. It has sex scenes and has language such as the F word.
Parent Written byshellic February 19, 2015

Not for kids!

There is a lot of inappropriate language and references to drugs. There is a part where an eating disorder is discussed and laughed about as though it is a good thing. The clincher is the orgy scene though. That is what makes this movie iffy for 16 or below. Other than that, if you like stupidly funny movies (which I do), this is great.

Adult Written bynorashine42 January 12, 2018

Hilarious!! Many scenes are not kid-appropriate, but such a funny and fun movie!

I am a huge fa of this movie. Too much adult content for kids, but a great movie to be enjoyed by the oldest teens and adults. Just plain hilarious!

Parent of a 2 and 3-year-old Written byMommaOfTwoo July 25, 2014

Adults yes, kids NO

Do not let your children watch this! I, as an adult, found Zoolander moderately funny but this is not as movie kids should be watching.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byAnieAbe June 13, 2014

Orgy - Really?? Ruined a Perfectly Stupid Movie

This movie was really stupid and some really funny parts which is perfect for my boys. Then it was ruined with drug use and an orgy. I wish I knew about this site before this movie.

Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe June 1, 2010
Sure this movie is funny, for ADULTS. The sexual content is way to much for children and even most teens. There's drinking and drug use. People die, even though it's done in a 'comic' manner, children still shouldn't be exposed to that.

Parent Written byApersonthatdoes... February 22, 2021

Good

Violence 2/5
Sex 4/5
Language 3/5
Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 1/5

Adult Written byCher22 January 30, 2021

A hoot of a movie

Very funny. A classic comedy.
Adult Written byjkim24 January 9, 2021

Ultimately, it's a comedy

Sometimes, age ratings make me think that we are quick to think that things like sex and swearing are important not to model for teens, who probably more than any other group needs to laugh and see the absurdity of things, rather than be depressed beyond measure at endless violence, cruelty, incompetence, greed, and apathy portrayed in expected and tasteful ways. Joan of Arc was executed at 14, I don't think it was comedy, probably it the opposite that was the forerunner there for everybody. It also reminds me of the studies where they see at what age children understand when something isn't real and isn't supposed to be real, it's before kindergarten. It's pretty clear in this movie who the bad guy is, and the faults that the characters have, that we all have, maybe in not such funny ways. There are probably few 14 year olds in America who don't realize that they are making fun of the very real tendency in the fashion world to reward being thin, please don't worry that making fun of a bad trend will be interpreted by kids as something to emulate, quite the opposite in my experience.
Adult Written byozgothic November 4, 2019

Don't freak out about sexuality

I see a lot of comments here about the orgy scene, which is in and of itself comical. You also don't see any rude bits so lighten up people. Adults are overreacting about this stuff, which seems to be the norm these days. The same parents probably don't have any problem with their kids watching violent films...
Adult Written bygoodgirl November 10, 2015

funny stupid movie.

a slap stick comedy go figure.
Written byAnonymous June 8, 2015

Adult Written byAidan S. March 22, 2015

Hilarious

One scene were they talk about sex and a sex scene and some cursing
Adult Written bykpianist7 September 20, 2014
Adult Written bybitesizemoviereview August 6, 2012

Some laughs, but a waste of time

What a weird movie. There are funny parts, and lots of crude humor, but I just don't know why anyone would spend money making this movie. Some laughs, but nothing was extremely funny.

Adult Written byjonahzach123 March 22, 2012

awsome

I think its amazing totally fine for 8 an up!!!
it was amazing it has the best action!

Parent Written bybabysitrcares February 10, 2011

Babysitting Disaster Averted!

I loved this movie last summer, and so did my 12 yo bro, so I wanted to bring it to a house I babysit for that has 2 preteen girls that watch all that twilight and other "trashy" shows. I went on this site (thanks guys!) and saw it was rated iffy for 14! I thought that was crazy, but I made myself watch it again. While it's hilarious for a college kid like me or perhaps an older teen, it has some words, references to drugs and sex, and other very inappropriate themes that I refused to bring into the home of the girls I'm a role model for, even if they have seen worse. So go ahead and watch it if you're 15 or so and want a laugh, but this movie is not for children!

Parent of a 2, 10, 14, and 17-year-old Written bySystemOfANintendo December 27, 2010

Wonderful, hilarious movie; one sex scene, some profanity, and violence are all you need to worry about.

A hilarious movie. I loved pretty much every single bit. Perfect movie for 12+ and mature kids 10-11.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byJenoi January 8, 2010

Hilarious

This movie was hilarious!!

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byjacob0929 March 25, 2009