Parent reviews for Zoolander

Zoolander Poster Image

Good

Violence 2/5 Sex 4/5 Language 3/5 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 1/5

1 person found this helpful.

Not for kids!

There is a lot of inappropriate language and references to drugs. There is a part where an eating disorder is discussed and laughed about as though it is a good thing. The clincher is the orgy scene though. That is what makes this movie iffy for 16 or below. Other than that, if you like stupidly funny movies (which I do), this is great.

1 person found this helpful.

A hoot of a movie

Very funny. A classic comedy.

Ultimately, it's a comedy

Sometimes, age ratings make me think that we are quick to think that things like sex and swearing are important not to model for teens, who probably more than any other group needs to laugh and see the absurdity of things, rather than be depressed beyond measure at endless violence, cruelty, incompetence, greed, and apathy portrayed in expected and tasteful ways. Joan of Arc was executed at 14, I don't think it was comedy, probably it the opposite that was the forerunner there for everybody. It also reminds me of the studies where they see at what age children understand when something isn't real and isn't supposed to be real, it's before kindergarten. It's pretty clear in this movie who the bad guy is, and the faults that the characters have, that we all have, maybe in not such funny ways. There are probably few 14 year olds in America who don't realize that they are making fun of the very real tendency in the fashion world to reward being thin, please don't worry that making fun of a bad trend will be interpreted by kids as something to emulate, quite the opposite in my experience.

Don't freak out about sexuality

I see a lot of comments here about the orgy scene, which is in and of itself comical. You also don't see any rude bits so lighten up people. Adults are overreacting about this stuff, which seems to be the norm these days. The same parents probably don't have any problem with their kids watching violent films...

I'm surprised that you rated this for 14+

This should be rated R. It has sex scenes and has language such as the F word.

Hilarious!! Many scenes are not kid-appropriate, but such a funny and fun movie!

I am a huge fa of this movie. Too much adult content for kids, but a great movie to be enjoyed by the oldest teens and adults. Just plain hilarious!

funny stupid movie.

a slap stick comedy go figure.

Hilarious

One scene were they talk about sex and a sex scene and some cursing