All parent member reviews for Kidz Bop

Adult Written byMusicman23 April 9, 2008

BEWARE OF KIDZ BOP!!!

Kidz Bop is a danger to young kids everywhere. It reveals mature topics to kids. Although they may not fully understand what the words mean, the concepts are engrained in their minds. DO NOT BUY KIDZ BOP FOR YOUR KIDS!!!
Parent of a 2 and 10 year old Written bySteffauri516 January 22, 2013

What's the point of this again?

No, really. What is the point of Kidz Bop? The first Kidz Bop CDs made their debut when I was in my early teens, so naturally it didn't appeal to me in the least then. Now, I have a 10 year old daughter and a 2 year old son and frankly, they aren't that impressed by it either. Honestly for my sake on long drives I'm glad they don't like it! But really, Kidz Bop is targeted towards...well...kids, my oldest is 10 and I'm fairly certain the music caters to children as old as preteens, but one of her aunts bought her one of the CDs (I think they're on #40 or something now?) two years ago for her birthday and she listened to it maybe three or four times before completely tiring out of it. And personally, I really don't get the point of all the hype Kidz Bop gets. For those of you who have never listened to it, go to Youtube and look up some of the music; all it is, is the most popular songs of the moment, re-sung by kids instead of the actual artists. On some songs they change the lyrics, and admittedly the rewrites are very poor. The latest one I've heard was a Katy Perry song where they replaced the phrase "we got matching tattoos" with, "you bought me a balloon" or something along those lines. Apparently some parents would rather their children listen to Kidz Bop as opposed to the real songs because of the content, which frankly I don't understand. Whenever my daughter finds music she likes (my son is still a bit too young to decide his music tastes!) I usually preview it, and if there is swearing, sexual innuendo, etc. I just download the clean version for her. She doesn't notice the difference and the content is appropriate. Honestly, I wouldn't waste your time with the franchise. The rewritten lyrics are terrible, clean versions of real music generally please everyone, parents and kids alike, and I'm sure your older kids will be much happier as well--it's almost like a transition into 'real' music for them. While we are not a Kidz Bops family, I'd rate the content on for kids 5 and up.
Adult Written byLedZeppelinFan January 6, 2012

Kidz Bop ruins some great songs. Led Zeppelin are legends.

Kidz Bop is stupid and horrible. They have creepy music, their music is more disturbing than the Goddess Bunny.
Parent Written byreg show August 3, 2011

Sucks

Kidz Bop sucks it Is just a bunch of dumb remixes they just make a bunch of dumb sons dumber
Adult Written bymojoblack April 9, 2008

I cringed when I heard this music's lyrics.

This Kidz Bop music is not suited for anyone under 16. There is too much sexual overtones and our society has sexualized things at way to early of an age. 5 and 6 year olds are listening to this drivel. Parents need to read the lyrics before letting their children listen to the music.
Adult Written byXxMcSwagginsxX May 21, 2016

Oh Boy

This Music is terrible. Nobody likes it, it is terrible. They mess up songs and the music videos. its makes your ears die, i swear. For Stitches by Shawn Mendes, they said "Run until I cant breathe" instead of Bleed, or whatever. For "My house" they just showed the kids running around their studio and bragging. Don't watch it plz, i am helping you not be traumatized.
Parent Written byhannahs2 May 10, 2015

Some bad words.

You remind the kids to do Toddlerz Bop, 3 years old and on.