Kid reviews for 13 Reasons Why

13 Reasons Why Poster Image

It’s a great show, but there is a lot to think about before watching.

First off, I’d like to say that it is completely up to you and/or your parents, whether you watch this show or not. I just hope that my review helps. The first season of this show was very intriguing and had a lot of attributes that added to the experience. But 1 concern, is the amount of sex and how they represent it in the show (kind of normalising it for teenagers). It also quite graphically shows SA (se**al a**ault) and to a lot I think that this makes it very sad, and almost made me cry, to think people experience these things. Whilst this show was good, I had to skip through a lot, because of the sex. Meaning I went through the first 2 seasons VERY QUICKLY. (Two days). As well of the use of marijuana. I ended up not watching past the second season because I found it to much for my age. Also the aspects of suic** e may be triggering to some, because it shows people finding her passed. Overall I think 16 and up is BEST for this show. But yet again it is completely up to you and/or your parents. I hope my review has helped your decision!

2 people found this helpful.

don't watch if you're struggling with mental health issues

2 people found this helpful.
The series is very good, with a lot of moral lessons, I recommend it, but the series includes violence (fights in high school, characters are killed, characters commit suicide or attempt suicide, sexual violence), adolescents talk about sex, virginity...and practice sex, some kissing scenes, photos of strippers but no nudity, a lot of profanity each episode contains a lot of profanity, several teenagers do drugs (heroin, marijuana, steroids, cocaine...)

Not for young teens

Covers many sensitive topics like suicide and sexual assault. Wouldn't recommend to anyone under the age of 16 yrs.

1 person found this helpful.

pretty graphic but conveys a great message

1 person found this helpful.

Educational but too educational for someone not in high school.

I think you should be in high school at least before watching this because it is based on the life of a high school student and at the beginning one of the high school student's commited suicide and it does talk about rape and 13 reasons why she killed herself, and the 3rd season is about the rapist dying, in the last episode a character did sex work when he was homeless and dies from a diesase you get from sex and the character also had a drug addiction.

what I think of the movie 13 reasons why

I think that it is a great movie for kids to watch as long as they know about sex, suicide, etc.

A little triggering

It’s not really educational, but it’s teaches what things can do to someone’s life. I like it but I stopped after season 1, it was hard to watch scenes including SA and showing graphic images of cuts on wrists. But even if you’re old enough to watch it it can still be triggering to a lot of people keep in mind.
1 person found this helpful.

I watched this ALONE the first time

When I watched this for the first time I did not get it but after watching it with mum and dad I understood.

Very nice web show

Good web series for the students 16+ teach us to take stand for right and teaches us to deal with the complications of high school life.