All parent member reviews for 7th Heaven

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

It's Gone Downhill

There's no way 7th Heaven should be TV-G anymore. The last 4 weeks have been about sex, and it is irresponsible to leave it as G rated and in the primetime TV slot. We used to watch it as a family, but not anymore. I watch it alone now, as an evening soap opera.
Adult Written bydancingbrady April 9, 2008

Great for kids

This show helps kids realize right from wrong....it shows them the consequences for bad judgments and decisions. I let my siblings and child watch this show all the time.
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

Not the tame show it once was

The 2005 fall season is much racier than years past and the topics being handled are much more sophisticated. It's as if the whole Camden clan when on summer vacation and got wild. While the show does attempt to focus on the real issues faced by families, it has become nothing more than a soap opera with fashionably dressed teens making lots of life mistakes and then going to church on sunday.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bylcdm April 11, 2010

Not for tweens, unless you are prepared to explain

We've really enjoyed watching the show together on DVD, but the episodes we've come to are now discussing more information about sex than I would like my 8 year old thinking about right now. I had to tun one episode off. I know it goes back to good in the end, but the discussions wer too much for my 8 yr. old right now
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

The most boring show on TV. It is like trying to make the Brady Bunch wholesome and having everyday clothes and troubles. So bad and so corny (corniness works for 50's shows but not here).
Adult Written byAlis20 April 9, 2008

not for kids

I like this show, it is good. But it is not for kids at all. It talks about way too much sex,drugs, etc. no one under 16 should watch it
Adult Written byskvc April 9, 2008

Caution --

NOT a very realistic portrayal of a minister's family -- or any Christian family.
Adult Written byEthan511 July 14, 2014

not for younger kids

I really don't like this show. It's corny and unrealistic, like when the dad freaked out when he found out the mom smoked pot in college. (This was an episode all about pot, by the way) To many episodes deal with sex or alcohol/drugs. It will lead viewers who don't know any better that heavy petting and making out never leads to sex. It also leads viewers to believe that smokers and drinkers are very bad people and to stay away from them. This show is complete crap. Only watch if you want to laugh your ass off.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written bymoviemum July 24, 2009

FUNNY!

This show tackles some very not appropriate issues, (and there is soup product placement in later episodes) For adults, I'm sorry but I found this show pure hilarity.Watch any episode where Annie is crazy, the twins have one name, Lucy in the elevator, Eric homeschooling, the pot episode. Hilarious! but A LOT of episodes are one big commercial for not doing drugs, joining gangs etc. So kinda preachy
Adult Written byjohnnydogmatic April 9, 2008

Perfect for preteens and early teens

What I like about this program is that for my 12-year old daughter, we have the cute guys and admirable girls that she is interested in, but in a (more-or-less) normal family with normal issues -but lots and lots of positive social messages. Great!
Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

The rare exception

This is truly a rare show. NO sex, graphic violence or foul language. It is excellent family entertainment. The spiritual message is definitly a step in the right direction.
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

awesome

A wonderful Christian show Episodes have dealt directly and admirably with issues of tolerance. Characters have been beaten up at school (off-screen) bullying.
Adult Written bymdrehome April 9, 2008

Great family entertainment

A must see for family TV time!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

It has changed!

We used to love the show. It dealt with very common social problems/issues in very positive and supportive ways. it was a super role model for parents, and for kids, especially for kids who had dysfunctional parents. But over the past years, it has turned into a soap opera-type show, with boyfriends staying with the family, parents' anger being destructive to the family, situations not dealt with in loving ways-it has become a typical dysfunctional family. We see enough of them in the real world. We need our positive role models back.
Adult Written bybassisland April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLor April 9, 2008

This show deals with some real issues that could be touchy for under 10 year olds.The key is in the end the right behavior always occurs. the right decisions are made and there is always the message that mistakes can be made but we must learn from them . And also that family is very important and so are good old fashioned family values. It shows how to deal with the world now and still keep those values.I check what the subject matter is each week and most of the time I can let my 8 almost 9 yeear old watch with us.My 11 year old loves the show but there weeree a few iffy ones that she turned off herself because of an episode about a sister in law alcoholic.
Adult Written bysmcqueen April 9, 2008

Watch it Every Night

I Love this show. My family and I watch it every night and then on Mondays we watch the new episode. We watch it faithfully. I think that it deals with good issues and family values. God is place high on their list of people to thank for life. The father and one daughter are pastors and I think we need more shows that focus on God and Family. A lot of family shows are no longer for families.
Adult Written byhsmom4jc April 9, 2008

Our favorite show!!

We love this show! As a minister's family, we can tell you that the show realistically portrays a minister's family--up to a point! We feel that no minister's child would ever be able to get away with some of the rebellion and actions that the Camden kids have--or their dad would've been fired! The show does not show enough interference in the minister's family life by the church members. But we have looked to the Camden parents to help us deal with many issues with our own kids. We have also used the show as a jumping off point with our children (ages 11-25) for conversations about abstinence, drinking, etc., as the show details the consequences of these actions in the lives of the characters. It's so refreshing to see a family that still believes in the morals that we believe in. We're thrilled that the show has gotten a reprieve and will air next year! Long live the Camdens!
Adult Written bysrmax00 April 9, 2008