Kid reviews for 90210

Famous ZIP code gets an edgy, entitled remake.

Teen, 13 years old Written byvolleyballchick227 December 5, 2009

90210 doesn't influence our behavior or actions unless we want it to

I started watching this show when I was 11 years old and I love it! Parents need to understand that kids can't be protected from everything. They forget what it was like to be our age. I know better than to do any of the bad stuff that they do in 90210. Parents think that kids are immature and that we will think of these people as role models but that's not true. My parents don't control what I watch on TV because they trust me to have common sense. I've grown up watching these kinds of shows and I'm not on drugs or getting pregnant. I happen to be a smart, kind, and responsible 13 year old girl that just likes the drama of 90210.

PARENTS: If you're smart, you will raise your children like my mom and dad raised me.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat May 24, 2020

GARBAGE!

Okay, first I hear about the 2019 remake and then I hear about about this trash! Don’t watch this trash! STICK WITH THE 90s SERIES!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2019

AMAZING!

This TV show is great but there are sex scenes and sexual references. The messages are not the best but in the end they are not terrible. Characters do make mistakes but the show emphasizes that they are mistakes. It is a really good show and you should totally watch it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty04.27 July 31, 2017
It sends a good messages, given all "mess-ups" come with consequences. It does have a lot of references to sex, though it never shows it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKenzie Alkinburgh June 17, 2017

Best Show

90210 was by far the best TV show I have ever watched. Although I do recommend that in order to watch it alone, the child should be at least 15, maybe younger if there is a parent joining them. I just finished the show, and I felt as though I had lost someone I had known forever, because of how amazing each one of the characters is presented. This show touches on every experience that happens throughout the four years in high school. I am so glad that I found such an amazing show such as 90210.

Teen, 14 years old Written by14teenreview May 20, 2017
Teen, 13 years old Written bynca0142 May 8, 2017

90210 Influence on Adolescents

As a 13 year old who watches the show, I honestly think that 90210 doesn't have as negative influence as one might think. I speak from personal experience when I say that in school we hagan learning about sex, drugs, and alcohol in the 6th grade. So by the time you are 12/13, you've already been educated on these matters. But the thing is, parents tend to assume that shows like this send the message to their kid as that they SHOULD do drugs, or they SHOULD have unprotected sex, or they SHOULD drink when they're underage. Yet, really what this show is saying, or at least the message that I personally am getting from it, is it's showing the consequences of doing these things. For example, at the beginning of season 1, a character named Adrianna struggles with drug abuse. While some parents might think this send the wrong message, later in the season she overdoses on cocaine. She is very close to death and just barely makes it, and later on she goes to rehab. To me, this sent the message that doing drugs could result in losing your life and has many other consequences that most people would rather not deal with in their high school career. It sends the message that drugs are extremely dangerous. Another example is when that same character, Adrianna, gets pregnant while at the age of 16. The show emphasizes the physical, mental, and emotional struggles that she goes through when she discovers she's pregnant and throughout her entire pregnancy. This, to me, sends the message that pregnancy is a hard thing to deal with at such a young age, especially since it shows her having some trouble in school, as well as financially. I think this sends the message that teens should not have unprotected sex because it can result in an unwanted pregnancy, as well as much more physical, mental, and emotional stress on the pregnant teen. For these reasons and many more, I believe that the TV show 90210 sends a slightly more positive message than most parents anticipate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyassss April 23, 2017

:_)

good plot, a bit unrealistic
entertaining

Teen, 14 years old Written byallison2002 March 26, 2017

Soap opera for teens

It's dramatic and contains some more mature themes, but nothing most kids aren't exposed to by the time they reach their teens anyway.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCampbell Hunroe January 28, 2017

Amazing Show

I have just finished all 5 seasons of this show that I have watched on Netflix. Every episode ends in a cliffhanger which is why it only took me about 2 months to finish it :) The characters are amazing at showing an inside scoop on high school. While the show is presented well, I highly doubt that if you are looking for a truly authentic show about everyone's high school experience that you should watch it. I mean there's just so much drama but its still very good. While there are several sexual scenes that are included in almost every episode, we also need to remember that by the time that you are watching this show you've probably already seen this in a show or movie before. But overall I highly recommend this amazing show!

Teen, 13 years old Written byLadan251 December 21, 2016

What I Think

This show is probably for 15+ but I've seen 6th graders watching this.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylucyxoxo August 1, 2016
I think 90210 makes life looks very idealistic to younger people showing people that money can just be thrown around. One of the main characters Naomi lives a very rich life, she throws herself at people and shows no self respect. Another main Character Adrianna does many bad things like, stealing songs off a dead singer and swapping someones bipolar medicine so they nearly kill themselves. Which could be influencing young children that revenge and doing bad things is good, however later she manages to turn her life around. People have drug problems, gambling problems, Another main character Annie got drunk and accidentally killed someone whilst driving. And someone even attempts Suicide.

Teenagers who are mature enough will be fine watching, but people who are easily influenced should not watch this,

I think this programme is very fake and people watching should be reminded that it's just fiction.

Teen, 16 years old Written bypollyanna576 April 24, 2016
The film has everything that life has to offer teenagers in this generation today.

Teen, 13 years old Written byharrietaudrey September 13, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byajwaterman13 September 3, 2015

Really Like This Show!

I think this is a really good show, for TEENS. Once your a teenager, no matter what your parent thinks, you know about A LOT. This show just proves it... But what's up with the weirdly close brother and sister relationship??

Teen, 13 years old Written byYallneedtoletloose October 12, 2014

Lifee

All of the parents saying that it's bad:
Let loose a little why would you hold your kids back do you think that they Don't already know about all of this stuff that goes on. You should trust your kid enough to know that this won't influence them. The influence that I got was never to give up, always stand strong even when everyone hates you. Be honest, and stay true to yourself. 90210 shows leadership (Naomi) love (Annie and Liam) sucess (Dixon) setting boundaries (Adrianna) being true to who you are (silver) and culture (navid).

Teen, 13 years old Written byAgeRestrictionUSA February 9, 2014

BRILLIANT!

''90210'' has a lot of mature themes. Sex, drugs, drink etc.
Its not suitable for children under 16 but some kids could watch it with their parents if they think they're mature enough

Teen, 15 years old Written byLemons11 November 3, 2012

Very entertaining and some good drama that we dont get to see in normal everyday life.

I think 90210 is a great show! I agree with what other teens are posting.. it doesnt influence the way that we act. Parents need to trust their kids watching this, they need to understand that this show is VERY unrealistic and not what todays teens are doing. Yes, some aspects of it may be true but not for the most part. I beleive that this is mainly a show for teens aged 14 to 17 maybe even starting at 13 if you're mature enough to handle that. Thanks for reading this i really hope my message is taken to heart because i really am trying to change the way adults think about teens. Parents, trust your kids and try to remember what you wanted and knew you were ready for when you were a teen. :)

Teen, 16 years old Written bynikzie3 May 7, 2012

90210 is awesome!

The storyline and characters' actions might be totally unrealistic, but the drama is entertaining because of the facts that these situations would never exist like such in real life. I don't think it is bad for girls of 14 to see, when the characters do make bad choices, you can see bad consequences. However, there are a lot of mature issues in the series like drugs, pregnancy, etc. These are probably not suited for anyone under 14.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGeorgielovesbooks January 21, 2012

I love this TV series. Sure, they talk about sex, drugs and alcohol but by the time kids are 10 they know all about it. It doesn't influence them unless they choose to be influenced by it.