All parent member reviews for Alias

Adult Written byBobbielane April 9, 2008
Parent Written byPetalknits August 29, 2013

Love with caution

I loved Alias! It was very interesting; not too violent, but the seasons progressed, it began to get more and more violent, and include more sensuality. By the time season 5 was finished, we witnessed lots of bloody throat-slashing, fingers cut off, torture, and more. Sensuality was somewhat limited, though there were scenes of seduction (in lingerie) and one night stands (showing couples in bed together). As for role models, we did have a strong female character, but many of the other characters were very iffy....parents you weren't sure could be trusted; family friends who turn out to simply love power (at any cost), more than their loved ones......Also, the lines between revenge and justice were a bit blurred, too... Of course, the idea was to keep you guessing, and this show certainly did that....however, by the end, I was confident that every single person that died would come back to life. It became so very like a soap opera, instead of a spy drama! Also, by the last 2 seasons, even though I loved the series, some of the things they came up with were kind of hard to swallow. Giant big balls, causing people to become zombies? Sure! People becoming genetically altered to look completely like someone else, all in a matter of hours? Totally doable! And on and on. The first 3 seasons were certainly better, but I had to watch to the end, to see the conclusion, and have some of those little mysteries solved. Not 100% sure that they all were, but for the most part.... Overall, I really enjoyed the brain workout, the excitement and adored some of the characters. They really helped sell it for me. Marshall was too much fun! Super brilliant computer guy can do anything, but has so many awkward moments, due to no social skills....Don't know how the other actors could keep a straight face, when he began rambling. I loved Sydney, who is a great combo of girl-next-door and spy chick. Sydney's dad...well....sometimes a guy will do ANYTHING to protect his kid. And he's a spy....what's a little murder, here and there?
Adult Written byALIASfan86 April 9, 2008

I am so attached to this show! I will never let go!

I started watching ALIAS during its first season, about the fifth episode. That was when I first became ADDICTED! The characters relationship struggles on the show are what keep me coming back for more. It's like a bunch of TV genres rolled into one show, and it is amazing. ALIAS is now in its fifth season, and I couldn't be more excited for what is going to happen next. So if you're looking for a movie-quality TV show to watch, make sure you check out ALIAS!