All parent member reviews for All Grown Up

Adult Written byadultswim April 9, 2008
Adult Written April 9, 2008
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 9, 2009

Rated TV-Y7 Now, But TV-Y Is still surrounding the show

Maybe I'll wait. The show has pushed the TV-Y Limits because it sort of like Disney with flirting and roughousing. Was the FCC being stupid again on these educational shows?(ex.WordGirl, Turbo Dogs).Message should be green instead of nothing.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Rugrats Grown Up?

Rugrats was one of my favorite shows about 3 years ago. Being involved in the anatomy of politics and people in general I liked the satire of the first show. I also enjoyed the crude jokes. However, after the movies, the show wasn't as good for some reason. So now the first show may end and bring in a new one. All Grown up isn't as good as the original. The kids don't really act like they are in middle school, more like forth grade. Phil and Lil are no longer obnoxiously crude. And they aged the parents WAY too much. Were Stu and Didi in their 40's when they had Tommy and Dil because they look 50. Maybe I don't like the show because my interpretations of the world are often much different then most preteens and teenagers, also having an interpretation clashing that of adults. Other than Phil and Lil I thought most of the other characters lost their flavor. Susie now sings pop. I don't like this because I greatly dislike pop music. Chuckie taking more chances is a generic portrayl of a nerd wanting to be cool. That bothers me because I know a lot of people who did that. It is almost as sad as when Kimi went "punk". To me she was being just as generic as Chuckie. Z however was a horrible generic punk. Just a plain out horrible. I cannot stress enough how much of a cheese ball he was. Angelica was still a good character but not as good as the old one, same with Tommy. Dil in my opinion was an improvement because in the original, Dil was just annoying.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Excellent spin off of a great cartoon.

This show is wonderful! It is really funny and cool! If you love the Rugrats watch it!
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 31, 2012

The Rugrats Grow Up!

This is a wonderful spin-off! I know there are people who dislike the fact that the Rugrats are teensnow.I don't.This show is really fuuny!
Educator Written byshashabel9 January 8, 2012

Rugrats was better

I think 1-5 off, 6-8 iffy, 9 and up on. Yeah sure, they talk about bras. But it's okay.
Adult Written by22LowBrass December 4, 2010
Adult Written byCraigBwfc May 27, 2010

Perfect for fans of the original Rugrats!

A good show that was cancelled before it's time. All elements of the show are perfect for genuine fans of the Rugrats!
Parent Written byCooldee May 4, 2010
Adult Written March 29, 2010

Shallow with Stereotypical Behavior

First of all, when they decided to make this show, the people turned the rugrats we know and love into stereotypical teenagers. Lil and Kimi , who in the original series were portrayed as tomboys and perfectly capable of handling themselves, have become the typical female teenager, obsessed with fashion and boys. The boys have lost their personalities and one of them is also obsessed with the opposite gender. The whole show does not have believable characters and, all in all, it seems like a younger ripoff of some teen comedy. I halfway wonder why the creators didn't follow the formula of "As Told By Ginger", which shows the teenagers at their best and worst and doesn't "give in" to stereotypes. If you want your daughter or son to begin acting like the teenagers you see on most commercials, then by all means, let them watch the show. Otherwise, let them watch cartoons like Codename: Kids Next Door, which doesn't have severe gender stereotyping.
Adult Written bypunk_butters April 9, 2008
Adult Written bykurra April 9, 2008
Parent of a 9 year old Written bynikilj April 9, 2008

I'm getting sick of the Rugrats!!

Adult Written byDisco Stu April 9, 2008

A Good Show That Teaches Lessons

When I watched this show, I saw an episode that had the "main charater", Tommy in a situation in which he must do the right thing, or be guilty. It's a very good show that gives kids lessons that make them better people, as well as a fun setting in which some of the older viewers can relate to. 2 thumbs up!
Adult Written byAngela33 April 9, 2008