Parent reviews for Alma's Way

Alma's Way Poster Image

One of the best modern shows ever

For something made after the mid 2000s, it is extremely creative and fun. Alma is realistic and definitely not one-dimensional or pointless. She is a good role model because she takes time to think what she did and the fact her family is Hispanic is not only for diversity points, but she is also her own person aside from that. We definitely need more people like Alma in our world. Also, the background music is some of the most refreshing and lively stuff I have ever heard, especially because most modern music is bland compared to the early 2000s and earlier.

2 people found this helpful.

Amazing show!

This show is fantastic in demonstrating to little ones that we can handle and express emotions and situations like disappointments, disagreements, and confusion by taking time to “think about it”. Also lots of diverse representation! Wonderful to see you and your family represented. Would absolutely recommend.

2 people found this helpful.

Alma's Way, all the way! Wepa!

There's a lot to love about this show: great music, fun and diverse cast of characters, simple but engaging stories, set in a lively neighborhood in the Bronx. This show was created by and inspired by the life of Sonia Manzano, who played Maria on Sesame Street. While the show does center the stories around Latino culture and traditions; many other characters share their culture as well such as Mr. Huda and his family. The stories mainly focus on Alma, a 6 year old Nuyorican (Puerto Rican New Yorker) girl as she struggles with various social situations, finding solutions which incorporate social emotional learning and community building. Alma and her family and friends will make you feel welcomed and even if you have never tasted mofongo or danced bomba, you'll learn something new and be better for it!

1 person found this helpful.

Great representation and social learning

I think this show first and foremost does a great job of showing social interactions and emotional intelligence great for young viewers trying to understand the world around them and create friendships. It also does a great job of showing a group of diverse friends with diverse interests and big imaginations.

Love it!

Great for building growth mindset and resilience! The episodes do great modeling of learning from your mistakes and repairing misunderstandings. This show is also a great way to help kids celebrate a variety of cultures including Puerto Rican culture! Love the representation and the message!

Why

I watched the first seven minutes of the first episode and all I can say is I would rather watch Curious George