All parent member reviews for Animal Precinct

Parent Written bysumoni May 20, 2012

Not aimed at children! Contains graphic images.

Pretty much the animal version of cops. Following around the ASPCA to arrest the baddies and rescue the animals. This show sometimes contains graphic images, which it usually states before the show starts or before the begins from the commercial break. Some of the animals don't make it, either found dead or die at the Vet. It can be extremely sad but preteens should be able to understand at the point life, death, and the act of murder. If not, it should certainly be explained before they turn this on. There's a lot of sick people in this world. One episode focused on a young teen who would kill cats and leave their bodies on the owner's front lawns. You didn't see the body, but the description was graphic. A preteen should be talked to about why someone around their age would do such a horrible thing. If you can't handle discussions of murder, abuse, and neglect, don't watch this show. There are a very good number of happy endings, but the world isn't always sunshine and gumdrops. Not to mention animals have their own set of rules and instincts. It'd be a good idea to have your preteen read up on animals.
Adult Written byJetlag April 9, 2008

Must See for Animal Lovers

Many parts of this show, like Animal Cops, is very hard to watch, but I think it's important for young and old to view what indifference and cruelty does to animals. After all, if you can be cruel to an animal, a child could be next. This show also manages to be uplifting. To see how people take these animals and turn their lives around is truly heartwarming. I know that for myself, I find that I donate to these groups much more than I ever did and I promote adoping shelter dogs over pet shops and breeders. Please keep these shows on the air!