Parent reviews for Annedroids

STEM learning, positive role models in well-rounded series.

Adult Written bySenser123 July 30, 2014

Annedroidtastic

I feel we need more web shows like Annedroids as time goes on and the female characters have probably never dealt with body image problems yet since they're using their brains.

Adult Written bymcninch1 October 17, 2014

Technology, Science, AND Interesting!

Not only is it entertaining but kids will learn while they watch it. My students could tell me all about androids vs robots and hypotheses after the 1st episode!

Parent of a 11 year old Written byR. Fulton February 15, 2015

Best show we never heard of before today

We're snowed in and just happened upon this show today. Our daughter, age 11, watched the first three episodes, one after the other, absorbed and laughing often. I liked that it was set in a modest neighborhood, rather than the conventional upscale suburban setting.

Parent Written byCorreiaKenny June 25, 2017

Suggestive Material

My 10-year old loves watching Annedroids, she gets a real kick out of it. However, I had to unfortunately (and after fighting to get her to understand), I had to block the fourth season of the show. Anne Android, Pal, was made genderless. That's okay. What really alarmed my husband as the fact that in an episode, the discussion of Pal choosing "its" gender was brought up. This aroused questions from my 10 year old that we do not feel that she is old enough to be discussing. The show does have great role models and is very entertaining to my child, but I advise parents to sit down and watch the show with their children to address these kinds of things.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bypattykel November 9, 2015

Terrific!

My son (age 6) and I LOVED this show (in fact, so much, I refused to let him watch it without me). The science content is spot on without being overwhelming or dry, it encourages curiosity and experimentation without being pedantic, and does all this while showing true diversity with respect to race, class, ethnicity. Best of all for us, given that I am newly a solo parent, the show delicately grapples with the issues of single parent families, no-show fathers, and the like in a gentle, accessible way. It also is one of the rare shows that illustrates some degree of the realities of social and economic class, if such things are important to you - in the same vein as shows from a previous era (I'm thinking Rosanne - though of course this show has little in common with that program). It's refreshing to me to see characters and families that are not wealthy or even solidly middle class on t.v. (or in this case, Amazon) once again. As a family whose finances have recently crashed, it's refreshing to see folks like us on the screen and certainly helpful for my son (though we don't yet live in a junkyard). Love this sweet, funny show!

Parent of a 9 year old Written byt.j.r. December 12, 2015

Great Show For Everyone

This is a great show. I work in STEM and the character of Anne is exactly the why I see my female co-workers, smart,intelligent, and no-nonsense. While the situations are contrived and a bit cheesy there is some real science being taught and the environment is creative and imaginative. This is what childhood should be about, getting out in the world picking up some junk and getting creative with it.

Adult Written byTed M. May 22, 2018

Educational

This show is education turned into fun. This is a great show for one of the kids I babysit, Manny, because he is 5 and already has his career in front of him thanks to Annedroids!He would watch this show and start thinking of engineering. I help him build it sometimes. He asks me, "Ted? Do you think I would become an engineer one day?" I chuckle. Annedroids really is a great show. However, toddlers may not be able to understand this, as there is a lot going on. But very educational!

Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byChristy K. April 29, 2018

Good concept, execution needs work

My 5 year old daughter loves this show. She is really in to STEM shows and activities and after the disasterous "Project MC2" I was in search of a show featuring smart girls. This show half succeeded. The character of Anne is great, smart, creative, nice and rational. The character of Shania on the other hand is somewhat boorish and whiney (ugh, I can hear her whine in my sleep.) I find the show obnoxious but my daughter now dreams of a career in robotics so that is something. I have had to explain that it isn't a realistic depiction of robot building and we can't just to to a junkyard and find everything we need for an Android.