Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byCindy R September 26, 2011

Pre-Mean Girls

I have a 5 and 7 year old and wouldn't let my kids talk like the kids on the show. Sassy and conceited language. I happened to catch this show only because the TV was still tuned to the Disney Channel from the morning. Though it's supposedly OK for older kids, I wouldn't allow any age to watch this. Seems like these kids are on track to be Mean Girls. I happened to watch most of the episode because I couldn't help myself it was so bad. I saw the episode titled "FraudulANT". Since my kids aren't tweens yet, I just haven't seen any of these shows geared toward this age, and I hope they're not all like this!
Parent Written byAllison34525 June 5, 2012

First of all, I was watching an episode with my daughter, and Chyna, 11 years old, was on a DATE with a boy. I think that 11 year olds are much to young to be involved with boys and date. I think that is bad parenting, because her dad didn't even care that she had a boyfriend. It may convince the young children that it is okay to date at that age. Disney had a T.V show when they were like 14 and dating, then 13 and dating, then 12 and dating, and now 11 and dating?! I think that is pretty pathetic. I have banned her from watching just that episode, because there are SOME episodes that do have positive role models and positive messages.
Parent Written byBeeds July 30, 2011

A Musical Prodigy Doesn't Know How To Hold An Instrument

Dinsey, please, please, PLEASE teach the actress that plays Chyna how to hold a violin! If she's a 'musical prodigy' then she ought to hold the instrument properly. I'm sure there's someone on your staff that took violin at some point in their life, have them do it. If you're having trouble finding someone I'll do it for 50 bucks - just do it!
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byRodgerE1 August 5, 2013

Attempted Murder on Disney

A.N.T. Farm I caught a part of an episode that my daughters were watching. It was about a girl being replaced in a band. They told the new person that the old person quit, but she was fired. The girl that was fired cut the brakes of the tour bus because she was mad. Disney is promoting Lying and Attempted Murder. This isn't funny. This isn't for children. What is going on with Disney?
Adult Written bymultus June 2, 2013

This show has bad messages. I don't think it's good for kids.

Well, I've only seen a few episodes of this show (probably about 10), and I gotta say that I'm shocked they allow this on TV. From what I've seen, all the characters are unlikable. They bully each other and are very disrespectful - and in a serious, not comedic, way. Sure, there is a lot of this in shows, but in this show people are rewarded (or not punished) for their bad behavior. Just look at all the things the kids say to the principal's face! In a real school, that would get you expelled, not just given a dirty look or brushed off. It's senseless and unnecessary most of the time and does not even contribute to the story. The characters seem cliche, but very unlikable. Most of these Disney shows are quite good, but this is quite terrible.
Parent Written byMamacatj August 9, 2012

TV show needs to be tossed

This show is very disturbing and the reviewer must have stock in Disney. They could have done so much more showcasing the talents of China and with a storyline of talented kids trying to fit in. Almost all the characters are deplorable and portrayed as morons. Her father a police officer is an idiot (not exagerating he's a big dumdum), her brother is an idiot, the person who is in charge of the advanced kid program is portrayed as a clown w/wig and striped outfit and has an IQ of 2. The over weight kid is joked about or makes fun of himself with food jokes. Worse of all is the line that the bully says at least once a show to her sidekick, "Shut up Paisley". Paisley is the dumbest dumb blonde ever portrayed in children's programmIng. Why do they have these characters? I find that very disturbing in a children's show. There is no educational value, no social value and what they have resorted to to entertain kids is sick. I may not have been specific enough. Watch one show, you'll see. Disney started with a good premise and trashed it.
Parent Written bydrs17 August 11, 2011

careful--double meanings

My kids were repeatedly saying "pat the bunny" after an episode. Checked urban dictionary on meaning. Just suppose the producers are trying to capture the teenage audience and decided to use hidden humor? Certainly there are other children's books that the producer/writer could have used that do not contain a double meaning with sexual connotations. Even if my kids don't understand it, my 11 year old repeating "pat the bunny" in front of his siblings or older kids at school is just not appropriate. Creative but morally at issue in this household.
Adult Written bylexi2244 August 17, 2012

Just another dumb disney show of the 2010s

ANT Farm is the WORST SHOW ON DISNEY CHANNEL EVER. How can Middle schoolers go to high school because they can sing or draw pictures? Whatever happened to Math, English, Science, and Social Studies? They are so predictable. The singer says something. BFF tells her everything she knows. Artist kid tells the singer shes so pretty and the chubby kid says something about the smart one. Meanwhile the chearleader walks in with her dumb blonde bff and bullies the ants and thr dumb blonde says something stupid and the repeated laugh comes on. And what is up with the afro dude? How can you keep kleenex and snacks in your hair? Are they trying to tell kids grow your hair into an afro so you wont need purses and pockets.
Adult Written bycupcakediva July 30, 2012

Don't Like It

I think this is show makes no sense. I mean this girl can sing and play lots of instruments and she gets to skip three grades? That makes no sense. Lots of people can do that you don't see them skipping any grades, do you? This show doesn't have any good plots and Fletcher can never be an artist like that when he's only 11. They stole jokes from other shows which makes it not funny. Olive, you just can't understand her anymore and she's always spitting out facts with words that little kids can't even understand, which makes it boring. Chyna is getting self-centered now, and being mean to other people thinking it's cool how she acts. That is not a positive role model for kids. Also, this school is suffering budget cuts. I know exactly why, because the ANTs get everything. I mean they get ANT pads which aren't even useful, all they do is watch TV shows and play games on it. Also, Angus gets all that advanced computer equipment? Just for HIMSELF? I don't think I've seen any other person use it except Angus. So yeah, that's just money down the drain. And Chyna gets a personal RECORDING STUDIO, for herself. Do you know how much that costs? I can't believe they had money to pay for the rest of the school. It's like the ANTs are equal the the regular high schoolers because they can just like cut class and go to there little ANT place whenever they want to, and the other high schoolers don't. This isn't positive messages saying that ANTs getting special advantages because of their talents, and I bet the other people have lots of talents too!
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 29, 2012

The producers are trying to capture the teenage audience and decided to use hidden humor? Certainly there are other children's books that the producer/writer could have used that do not contain a double meaning with sexual connotations. They learn that their actions have consequences.
Adult Written byTinyToya June 25, 2011

China Thumbs Up, ANT Farm Thumbs Down.

Overall, ANT Farm is Disney's way of pushing China McClain to the top of the Disney ladder. The show itself relies on extremely weak acting especially from Olivia (Sierra McCormick), who is obviously just trying to remember and deliver all of her lines. Also there is a very disturbing performance from the student counselor. The show itself is rather boring (and unrealistic; Chyna is actually pushed out of a chair by an older student, Lexi, and the teacher knows about it and does not discipline the older student at all), but younger children might like it. The only positive note is that China has some notable acting ability and shines while she sings.
Adult Written byskoonix May 10, 2011

Funny, Silly and Well done

My kids really enjoyed this comedy - its silly and funny and energetic. I thought the young cast was exceptional but what I also appreciated was there were a few jokes that went over my kid's heads and I enjoyed them. Showing China deal with older kids and peer pressure was well done, but most of all it was just entertaining (and man - can that lead girl SING!!)
Parent Written bymichmommy February 9, 2012

Dreadful show

This is a really terrible, strange show. The character China is an absolute nightmare. She always appears angry and diva-ish and I shudder to think any child would watch this show and be influenced by her attitude. The other characters are fairly bland. I'm considering banning the entire Disney channel from TV viewing at our house because the shows have gotten so bad.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byLinearMom August 17, 2011

Good idea, mediocre execution

Our 7 year old gifted child really likes this show. She identifies with the main characters. From a parent's point of view, the main characters are too stereotyped to make me give any more than 3 stars. There's the ditzy blond cheerleader (really, you couldn't even make her hair a different color?), the (male) computer geek, etc. The jokes are predictable and not all that original. The saving grace (if there is any) in this show is that it does treat prodigies (at least the lead characters) as mostly normal kids. Overall, it lacks depth and creativity.
Parent Written bychilledgirl12 August 1, 2011

Its Cute but then again just plain uggh

This show is meant to be a Cute comedy. It is sort of. I give it two stars Because The only Parent thats around is a Irresponsible cop and he's also an idiot. The other adult The "principal" is also irresponsible and misleading. The characters are talented , I must advised And there somewhat mature for their age(11,12) But that one girl Olive is suppose to remeber"Everything" Then why at times is she so dumb? If she remebers all this stuff why would she act so dumb? Its kinda good. But then again its just another Cheesy comedy about fitting in and the same old boring plot. You decide if u like it But it is a pause and its gonna stay that way
Parent Written bySupamom79 July 17, 2011

Horribly annoying cast! They're absolutely obnoxious!!!
Adult Written byPawferfurry July 12, 2011

It's alright

The show is great for ages 8-12 in my opinion. Although there are some cheesy jokes and mild flirting, it's an all around good show with positive role models. The show can be annoying, I've noticed on multiple occasions that yelling and obvious fake laughter can make just about anyone cringe. It's bound to keep a younger audience entertained and at times, laughing.
Adult Written bymissactress2be July 2, 2011

It depends on what age you are. I mean, little/young kids will probably enjoy this and find it entertaining, but most adults will probably get annoyed at the cheesy jokes. Probably once you're 12 years old, this will not be for you. Younger, you might like this. Just think about what age you are.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bynicole l. July 28, 2016

great show for your kids to watch

it is very funny and has a lot of feeling in it
Adult Written byAliGA January 3, 2016