Parent reviews for A.N.T. Farm

A.N.T. Farm Poster Image

Attempted Murder on Disney

A.N.T. Farm I caught a part of an episode that my daughters were watching. It was about a girl being replaced in a band. They told the new person that the old person quit, but she was fired. The girl that was fired cut the brakes of the tour bus because she was mad. Disney is promoting Lying and Attempted Murder. This isn't funny. This isn't for children. What is going on with Disney?

1 person found this helpful.

I am very upset.

I would've rated this higher if it wasn't for the final season. My daughter Polly was watching this show and even though I hate Disney Channel I decided to binge all of it with her. It was a great show and I loved it until the final season. They got rid of Cameron, Paisley, and Gibson! Those kids were like the children I never had! How could they do this? But...the one thing...that crossed the line...was making Olive and Fletcher get together. I hated Olive's ugly spy boyfriend that everybody thought was hot for some reason and Fletcher's girlfriend who left no impact on the series whatsoever. The whole time I just wanted Chyna to be with Fletcher because that was the relationship they were hyping up the whole show. But noooooo they decide to make Fletcher get with OLIVE??? Are you kidding me? Olive was abusive towards Fletcher the whole show and I'm sure this pattern will continue in their romantic relationship. I hope Fletcher likes being beaten up for serving cold soup because that is the life he chose over Chyna who is perfect. Then in the next episode, Fletcher and Olive spend the whole episode calling Chyna ugly! Maybe they should look in the mirror and then look back at Chyna. Because they'd find out who the ugly one is fast, and it's not Chyna. Anyway, other than the horrible treatment of Chyna who deserved to be happy, this show is good. If any boy treats my daughter the way Fletcher treated Chyna at the end of the show, I will have him executed via guillotine. 4/5.

Amazing

The ANTs are amazing role models and there is nothing wrong with the show. Besides bullies, which happens in a lot of TV shows DUH, it is perfectly fine for kids age 8+!!!!!!! I personally think the bullying fits in well.

Sexual Suggestions

I ran across this show on Disney NOW recently giving my kids are fans of the descendants and wants to watch their shows. Anyway. My daughter loves China Anne. She’s 9. My son is 10. I feel like the interactions and the relationships on the show are too adult for them. I am touching on a particular episode where the mean girl of the school needs help with her computer, she seeks the juicy kid to help her. So the juicy kid goes to her house and fixes her computer but when they see each other at school the next day it is suggested in their dialogue that they had sex. China’s brother who has a crush on the mean girl overhears them talking, So throughout the whole show he believes that they did in fact had sex and is trying to see how it is possible for her to be into the juicy kid and not him. He breaks into her house. When China’s brother confronts the mean girl. She realizes what has been going on.. When the juicy kid arrives to fix her computer again he tells her what to say at school to (which again is suggestive) imply that something sexual went on between them. She then tries to come on to him by backing him up against the wall with her lips puckered. He runs out. Now I ’don’t even know the grades that these kids are in. and I’m no prude but for this to be a kids show I was taken aback by it. Sexual suggestive language and behavior do not belong in kids shows. At. All. Oh yeah and Disney has all those kids lying on every episode and every show. I see why we only stuck to watching Disney junior.

It's fine

this is a nice fun show there is nothing wrong people are just being overprotective of there kids

Too much obvious right wing propaganda and adult "grooming" behavior

This show loses one star for its obvious right wing propaganda. It loses another star for inappropriate adult to child humor, such as a kid under 12 being asked by the principal to paint a sexual portrait of herself for her boyfriend and the grooming behavior of the guidence councelor. For example, he shows up at the kid's house because he is "lonely" eats the chocolate covered strawberries intended as a romantic gesture from one kid to the other and pulls out a game called "Gibson Pursuit." His name is Gibson. That's not even half of it. NOT okay. I would never let a child of developmental years watch this for any reason, but to point out what NOT to do, or what kind of adult adult behaviors are red flags that children should be aware of. Yes, there are good messages, but the dangerous ones override their value. Yes. Let's yank down a poster for saving Earth and replace it with a lost cellphone poster. Real hclassy. Let's support a club that extorts school funds for personal gratification, get busted by the principal, who than ALSO supports the misappropriation of donatiin funds. Some of tge messages in this are down right DISGUSTING. Not to mention pushing the old anti-women stereotype that blonds are dumb. It's a rotten shame too, because the child actors and actresses are unbelievably talented. More so than on most of these shows. What a waste of their skills. The only thing they are getting right is the anti-bullying message, which you can find throughout. Also, this review has warning options listed that review writers can't even vote one so don't trust them. Actually read the reviews.

great show for your kids to watch

it is very funny and has a lot of feeling in it

Disney training camp for future pre-fab pop stars

A.N.T. Farm, while essentially harmless for kids and moderately tolerable for adults needs to be viewed through the lens of the real world. The show is yet another in a long line of Disney minor league tryout camps for future pop stars to sing, dance and act their way to enough prominence that they can transfer over to a music or acting career a la Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, etc, etc, etc... The show uses all of the now-standard Disney kid-show tropes: Stupid adults, children in charge of their entire lives, missing parents, instant stardom and worship of wealth and fame. The characters are a collection of stereotypes based on whatever special skills they're supposed to possess in order to attend the A.N.T. program, who occasionally learn a life lesson which is quickly forgotten by the next episode. It's a difficult show to watch if you're a parent with any knowledge of how modern media and popular culture functions, and offers unbelievably unrealistic expectations of the rewards of seemingly very little effort. Easy wealth and rampant consumerism hangs in the background as the students have access to seemingly unlimited resources to make all of their wildest dreams come true in every episode.