All parent member reviews for Austin & Ally

Adult Written byLadyChaos118 April 22, 2012

The Teens Ugly Truth

I just don't get you parents, I'm 18 years old and just cause you want "safe" television for your children does not mean you have to take it from us Teens. Nothing on TV is safe for kids these days there is violence everywhere, that's just how it is. Parents want to baby proof everything, why don't you give your kids some independence with the stuff on TV? TV is a fantasy world, it just shows you what YOU want too see, the real world is out their and its nothing like TV shows you can't protect kids from everything. HELLO have you seen The Power Puff Girls?! Little girls that beat up monsters for a living, teach life lessons, romance, there is nothing to stop this from happening. You should stop "saving" your kids that don't want to be saved. Ask your kids what they want. Parents never listen to what we have to say. so this might get erased for my blunt disagreement. I love Austin and Ally but if there is no romance then its just another stupid censored show. It shouldn't be for kids just cause the parents want everything G rated. The parents will get what they want.
Adult Written byTinyToya December 4, 2011

Another Disney Show to Promote Music

This show is HORRIBLY predictable. It seems like Disney does not even try with the script anymore. I also don't like the premise of the show. Austin STOLE Ally's song, became famous from it and is now using her to be his songwriter. Admittedly, he did give her some credit on television while also causing her to have stage fright and embarrassing her. Finally, I hate how unrealistic the show is. It needs more adults, more purpose, and something realistic. Disney needs to quit focusing on promoting singers and music at the expense of the program.
Adult Written byholly525 October 2, 2013

I Love Austin and Ally! (and you couldn't honestly expect better from Disney)

I think that most of the people who reviewed this show just don't understand some humor. Sure it's a dorky, innocent sense of humor, but I think that this show is funny. It is being intentionally cheesy in a way that I personally enjoy. Dez's unpredictable oddities crack me up! Austin and Ally's relationship is cute (but for parents sake I'll inform you that it's not so platonic in the later seasons). And all the character flaws mentioned in the other reviews are not just ignored. The characters are always trying to improve themselves. And for people saying Austin has no talent, 1) he really does sing and play those instruments, and 2) not everyone can have a voice like Whitney Houston, but that doesn't mean they don't have a passion for music, and there's nothing wrong with that. So those of you who think you're above laughing at pure, clean silliness can just go watch something more sophisticated.
Adult Written byUros Panic August 9, 2013

Meh...

This show isn`t that bad.But its giving the kids and impression that playing instruments is easy and you can play 10 of them with no problem what so ever.I myself play viola for living and i can say i have spent 9 years playing violin and 8 years playing viola to get really good at it,and they show some 17-18 year old kid playing all the instruments like a virtuoso.I have the same problem with AntFarm and china.Show isn`t bad,lynch has a good voice but really playing 10+ instruments is practically impossible except someone like Beethoven and Mozart even they did not know to play all of them.
Parent Written bypapatv February 2, 2013

JUSTIN AND ALLY INTELLIGENCE ALERT!!!

As a father of a young girl I get involve as much as i can in what is my little one is viewing on tv, just in case any questions arise and be ready to guide her whit the right answer. I took my time to observe this tv show for 2 weeks, sitting beside my daugther and my conclusion is it has not positive entertaining value for the kids. "Parents be aware,any tv shows whom portraits adults like mentally challenge characters (sry for the remark) and usually the kids are the smart mature mouths on the show will make your kids to believe is ok to talk back and challenge your authority believing your always wrong." fortunatelly I was always there to clarify things. I would not recomend this show for kids 11 and younger the characters are shallow and some of them will insult the intelligence of your children. desagree..? take your time to watch this show with your kids silently and you'll understand.
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 16, 2012

Makes fun of Autisum!

I agree with ilovecookiez.This show is awful.Because it makes fun of Autisum.The bullies make fun of a kid who has Autisum.Not cool dude.
Adult Written byarizonarunner January 15, 2012

Just stop Disney.

I grew up watching Phil of the Future, Kim Possible, and The Proud Family. The last good Disney Channel Shows. Jessie, Shake It Up, A.N.T Farm? (really), and now Austin & Ally they all seem like they have the same story line, some 12 year old who thinks they can sing and dance. Anybody can dance and sing better than Austin, he has no talent. This show frustrates me so much that I want to reach through the TV and just slap the actors. The jokes are terrible; you can predict what happens very easily. This show will teach you nothing, it was produced by Disney just to fill time. I've lost a lot of respect for Disney within the last 5 years.
Parent Written bycora13 February 27, 2012

I fell in love with this show people just need to give it a chance!

I don't know what everyone's talking about this show is AWESOME!!!! maybe they posted before they saw most of the episodes. its funny and cute i love the relationship between austin and ally and it's .its a great show I hope they keep making more episodes!
Parent Written bypinkbailey9 December 13, 2011

Seriously

Seriously seven whats wrong with it that a 5 year old cant see it and I agree they need a better script
Adult Written byAndStuff March 2, 2012

Great show about friendship

This show is a lot of fun. I think the friendship between Austin and Ally is really sweet. I haven't seen the first episode, but from what I've heard, Austin has come a long way from it. In the last few episodes, Austin has done things that could potentially hurt his career in order to do something for Ally. I say potentially because it always works out in the end, but it is on Disney, so you know.
Parent Written byAplus July 30, 2012

Pretty Good Show

This is a pretty good show. While I don't enjoy it as much as Good Luck Charlie, it isn't one of those shows that is painful to watch with my child. I think it could be improved if there were more adults on the show but it is okay as it is. Simple plots with some quick laughs, there are no inappropriate jokes or adult humor. This show is on the list of shows that can be watched without supervision for my kids.
Parent Written byMatwiowForever February 12, 2013

Will someone please cancel this show and hide 'Dez' from the rest of humanity?

This show is one of the worst shows I have ever seen. It seems designed to get children to accept that crappy sitcoms will be a comforting presence for them throughout their lives. There is no effort put into it and like I think the other reviewer said, the jokes are visible from space. This show seems like it was totally focus-grouped together. "Hmmm, lets see, we got the cute non-threatening boy, check, we have the cute smart brunette, check, the chubby latina for diversity, and for some reason we think children will like this walking stereotype of an idiotic teen wearing the worst clothes known to man."
Parent of an infant, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 11 year old Written byResponsibleParentOf9 December 5, 2012

Dont bother!

This show is inaproppriate for kids! It features inappropiate words and sexy stuff! Should've been rated TV-14-LS.
Adult Written byWhitePawn May 19, 2012

Disney is gone...

This has been the worst show I have seen on Disney Channel. It has numerous directing, script and general film making issues. It has NO significant message besides teaching kids to be lazy. The shorter girl changes jobs and gets fired EVERY episode. Austin made a career off of steeling music. Ally does all the work and the other kid is just plain stupid. I VOLUNTEER to write scripts for Disney so the next generation can have something that show them things about life. What has disney come to?
Parent Written byBrianna Bright January 13, 2012

Eh

just another disney music show...
Parent of a 3, 8, and 11 year old Written byhomeofplay December 1, 2013

Ugh!

Me and my three daughters (ages newly 11, 8, and 3) boycott Disney Channel. And after doing some research, I learned that towards the end of the first or second season of this awful show the two main characters fall in love, so Disney fails once again at trying to deliver a positive message.
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12 year old Written bycremepie998 September 2, 2012

For Everyone!

Good show for everyone! The theme song is catchy, the characters are hilarious, and it is all VERY clean and is always an "on" for my kids.
Adult Written byAriel98 April 12, 2015

Other reviews are ridiculous

I'm sixteen years old, and I think Austin and Ally is the best currently running show on Disney Channel. It's comedy is awkwardly adorable, and the characters are each role models in their own ways. Each of the main characters always recognize their mistakes when made and do everything they can to make it right. At times, the show may seem unrealistic, but it also touches on situations that adolescents can relate to. I also don't see the big deal in the fact that the show is musically centered. So what? Kids love music and they're usually drawn to it. It doesn't glorify glamour and the songs that are feautured on the show and its soundtrack sound like songs you hear on the radio except that they don't nearly reach the level of the inappropriate songs parents try to censor from their kids. Stop comparing the newer Disney shows to the older ones because not all of them were perfect. Austin and Ally helps inspire kids to embrace their talents whether it is singing, playing an instrument, dancing, filmmaking, acting, and even writing! Of course the show has a couple of flaws, such as Trish's selfish character, and the promotion of Dez' stupidity for laughs, but the same characters always redeem themselves in lessons. Another issue that some may have is the lack of parental supiversion in the show, though the characters never set out to make trouble. Lastly, the show is enjoyable as it discusses bullying, shyness, friendship, confidence, and kindness. Austin is a famous pop star who continues to stay humble, while also being captain of the basketball team and remains friendly and respectful to the people he communicates with. I definitely give the show a thumbs up and would rather have my younger siblings watch this over shows like Jessie which promotes disrespectful kids, an adult supervisor focused on becoming famous, and features sexual innuendos.
Parent Written byClamshot February 26, 2012

I love it. Helps my child.

I think this show is good enough for my child. He says he really wants to be a songwriter, he thinks this sometimes helps him. He records every single episode on his DVR, and he also likes the cheerfulness. Thanks Disney! I think my child will be a great songwriter thanks to Austin & Ally.
Parent Written bygauntlette August 17, 2015

Full of stereotypes and bad role models

Not only do I think that the jokes and acting are poor and the whole thing in general is extremely cliche, but the show is full of stereotypes and horrible role models. Trish is selfish, a compulsive liar, the complete opposite of responsible and she really doesn't care about improvement; Dez is air-headed and gives in to peer pressure way too easily; Austin is excessively lazy and his only concerns are girls and his public image; and Ally As for the stereotypes, they are everywhere. There is a cheerleader that is (there is no nice way to put this) dumb and she doesn't care about anything but her appearance and cheerleading, a geeky Asian boy that is overly quiet and friendless, and so many more.