Parent reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Avatar: The Last Airbender Poster Image

One of the best western pieces of anime. Some of the greatest character development that kids and adults will relate to. Heck every living soul should watch avatar! There was a lot going on in the show only the adults will pick up on, my little brain could not comprehend when watching this as a kid. Rewatching it again as an adult it became a very special show to me It is one of those shows you should let your kid watch. So they can watch it again as an adult and understand more and appreciate characters like Iroh/zuko.
1 person found this helpful.

Why is everyone so blind to this show's bad lessons???

I am honestly surprised (and, frankly, alarmed!!) by the amount of people who think this is a good, wholesome show for their kids. There is a large amount of inappropriate lessons prevalent in every episode I've seen (roughly 30+). One of the earliest episodes teaches that it's okay to lie, and the majority of the episodes I saw encouraged and celebrated breaking the rules. A father maims his child's face, revenge is a prevalent theme, mocking/making fun of other people and fighting happens frequently, etc. Neither I nor my husband feel that this show is good for any age group, and definitely not for anyone under the age of 10! There are other shows with much better moral lessons than this.
1 person found this helpful.

Great English Anime

Ithink that if you want your kid too watch a family friendly show for all avatar is great. Its set in a world where there are four nations Water, Earth, Fire, Air. which benders can use for good or for bad. If your kid gets spooked easily then do not watch The episode The PuppetMaster it is in my opinion the scariest avatar episode. But I rate the show 5 stars

Awesome show for older kids not for kindergartners

This is an awesome epic show but has potential to cause emotional stress so is not for kindergarteners - IMO younger kids should be allowed lower stress programming For my son it was still intense watching it at age 11 or 12 but not too much that’s a is a great age to binge watch it and appreciate all that it offers. 9 or 10 would be fine for most kids too :)

Great!

Amazing show with great messages, but some kids may get a little scared.

Is for Kids Ages 4 years old or older

Yes It is OK for 4 years old or older.

Great and my kids love it

My daughter likes drama, my 8 year old son likes fights, my 3 year old likes fantasy. It’s perfect for all of my kids except for season 3 where in the first episode and wakes up with a bloody bandage wrapped around his waist. Let your kids watch it it’s perfectly fine!