All teen and kid member reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweetDisposition March 8, 2011

Easily one of the best shows Nick has ever put out.

Sadly, I haven't watched this show in years, so I don't remember all the major plot points. Aang, the protagonist in our story, is the last of the airbenders. He is discovered frozen in ice by siblings Katara and Sokka of the Southern water tribe, and they soon after realize he is the last airbender, and therefore the last person to become the peacekeeper of their land- The Avatar. As they journey across the land to teach Aang the 4(?) elements, they meet up with benders of their respective elements, and all team up and travel together. Yes, there are fighting scenes, the main antagonist through most of the series if a member of the fire tribe- Prince Zukko. The elements are martial arts are woven together so cleanly, and is a different and interesting fighting style. Sex stuff is of not much concern, the only kiss I can remember was in the final episode. This show is great. It is a must watch. You can access episodes via Youtube, Mega Video, or the Nicktoons channel.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2011
i would watch avatar till the day i die
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight December 26, 2010

Best. Series. Ever.

This show is just. plain. awesome. The story is deep and clever, they thought the whole thing through, it shows all of the charaters side of the story. The bending is modeled by real marshal arts! The violence isn't very bad at all, but its exciting (not in a bad way) There is a part where they show 13 year old Zuko about to be burned by his father, and it turns to the audience (his sister, uncle Iroh, and Zhao) as he screams. You can understand the characters and relate to them. It shows the 'villans' have their reasons, and are truely just lost, and it shows the 'lucky' aren't that lucky after all. 12 year old Aang is really respectful, peaceful, but nervious to face his destany, but he does it for the great or good for the world. Katara is a good motherly figure for a 14 year old, she is very smart though sometimes her temper and stubborness gets in the way. Sokka is the jokster (sometimes without meaning to be) And as the oldest of the group (15) he is the navigater and planner. Toph is a blind 12 year old earthbender who's parents were overbaring. It shows shes much tougher than her parents and most others would think, in fact she's basicly the toughest of the group. Zuko is a troubled 16 year old prince of the fire nation, first made out to be the 'bad guy' when he is really just doing what is father told him to do (his father isn't the 'best' father out there, so to speak) and on his quest to find the Avatar, his uncle Iroh (the tea loving wiseman that we love) guides him. His younger sister Azula is infact one of the most evil characters on there, though it shows her instory as well, showing she isn't as lucky and perfect as shes made out to be. Even though she's favored by her father. So, as I'm saying, the creaters thought everything through. And what's rare is, THEY ACTUALLY FINISHED THE SERIES.
Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L July 30, 2009

One of the few good shows on Nickelodeon~

Another great show on Nickelodeon that even older teens like. It may have had humor that wouldn't be offensive to younger viewers, but it was still funny. It had a great plot, great characters, and some great action scenes. The comedy didn't interfere with the action either. I don't remember any blood, but a few characters died. There wasn't any language and no sex; there was romance, but it was very clean and healthy. Great show for kids and teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybrequ123 April 4, 2015

One word. Unbelievable

Avatar The Last Airbender is simply a very great Cartoon. Anyone who watched the whole 3 series will understand that this cartoon MUST BE WATCHED! It uses Japanese themes, a very deep storyline, great dialogue, hilarious scenes and anime style animation to create what can only be described as a masterpiece. It is not the most educational show in the world, but good morals, messages and characters are present. Overall this show is entertainment for everyone aged 8 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byT.V. Review Cri... May 20, 2011

This show use to be one of my favorite shows when i was 7-11 years old. still is.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJusticeSeeker March 5, 2011

Excellent in almost every shape and form

It's no wonder that this show won an Emmy. Avatar: The Last Airbender is the most detailed, intellegant, and artistic show I've ever come across. All of the characters have a complex personality, the works of the Avatar obviously had a lot of thought and creativity, the fighting styles are based on real ones, and it has humar! I see really no reason as to why NOT to show this to your child. It teaches morals as well, which is important, yet they don't nag about it, which makes it a great show. Even though a majority of the show contains fighting, it's at a respectful tone, and people are only occasionally hurt. Yes, deaths do accure, but usually off screen, or meantioned in the past. For sexual refrenses, there is a few kissing scenes, and that's it. This show even tells how even the most 'evil' of characters, can turn out to be only misguided. And there are almost ALWAYS second chances on the show, as well as mercy and forgivness, and this is something our world really needs to realize and understand, especially the young ones, who are hearing a lot of nasty things in the media.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2010

Water, Fire, Earth, Air... These are the components to a hit anime series for kids...

Alright, let's begin. We have a bald kid tasked with saving the world. Eh. Now, a bald kid that is the last of his kind and must learn 3 real ancient Chinese martial arts to defeat the ultimate martial artist in a showdown to the death. Eeeeh. Did I mention the animals, battles, Kung Fu, and the fact that they actually ended the series instead of cancelling? Eh YEAH! I have personally seen all 3 seasons, and this is one of the ultimate animes! The kung fu is actually real! The role models are great and there are some really good lessons learned. There is a lot of combat, but no blood. Also, it is rarely physical. A great show for all, and the fans of Aang are awaiting the next series, Legend of Korra!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKforKitty101 November 4, 2010

Hooray! An anime I like!

Great show! Another job well done by Nick! I love Sokka, he's so funny! I cant wait for the spin-off show!
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2010

great show.

BEST SHOW ON NICK. It's really funny sometimes. It has positive messages, and people usually don't die, they might fall into water or something. :) anyway it's on my favorite shows list
Teen, 16 years old Written byAdventure Writer May 6, 2010

Need to Realize What You're Seeing

This show is not at all intended for kids 5 and up, or anywhere near that age range. I liked it quite a bit, but I also noticed the scary images, which didn't affect me, but would easily affect a say... toddler, or young kid. This isn't PBS Kids, it's Nick, which show's programs that have content appropriate for kids 10, 11, or older. Not younger (even SpongeBob has adult humor and things that might not display good values to younger kids. Also, what's the educational value? That's another matter.) Avatar displays good role models who persevere, and show positive morals. One of the main villians turns good, and we are taught about judging people. This isn't a Japanese "anime." So many characteristics common of such (such as innapropriate content) are not there. Most episodes are suitable for younger kids, but some things would need to be explained. There is much violence in some scenes, and very violent or frightening concepts in the end episodes. If you don't want your child watching particular episodes, it'd be difficult, as they're shown at random (as the show has already finished, but continues quite frequently, since I last checked). So, generally, considering the final episodes, this show is suitable for 11+. Perhaps 12-13+ if you consider the episode where Zuko's (bad-guy-turning-good) mother is killed by the firelord. It may not be picked up by younger kids, but it's a frightening episode, nonetheless, even without a clear understanding of the concepts. It's not "THE BEST" thing of all time, but for it's complex storyline, complications, and story set-up, I give it 5-stars.
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2009

Can't wait till the movie!

It was great and I can't wait for the movie! However, the pairings/couples were a bit confusing and hard to understand. Frustrating. Violence is mild, just scars basically.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCheyko April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoony718 July 9, 2015

One of my favorite shows

I love this show to the moon and back, but it isnt an anime. It's an American tv show
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

I like it!

This show is great! Excellent animation,fun music,great acting,awesome premise,and amazing action! I recommend Avatar: The Last Airbender!
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2010

Great show

I LOVE Avatar. Me and cousins are obsessed with it. When we were young, we used to pretend we were airbenders. This show is funny, fun-filled and epic.

This show is great!

This show is very good. Toph is awesome! (She does not appear until season 2, though)
Teen, 15 years old Written byNightcoresongs4 February 5, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissconcerned January 31, 2016

Best show ever!

It has brillaint role models. A great plot that it sticks to throughout the entire series. A well-balanced mix between humor and serious moments. Plus it has no inappropriate humor or content. Though this show has a fair amount of violence that can scare kids under the age of seven. But overall I really fell in love with it as a kid and it truly is the best show that I have ever seen.
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2016

this only has fart jokes

it's american anime so don't bother it's the same thing as The Legend of Korra. go watch himouto umaru chan.