Kid reviews for Avatar: The Last Airbender

Avatar: The Last Airbender Poster Image

Great show (please read the full review for more information.)

Avatar: The Last Airbender (aka ATLA) In the show, people can bend one or none of the four elements, water, earth, fire, and air Except for the avatar they can bend all four of the elements. Along with bending the elements, there are four nations that correspond with the elements. The show centers around the avatar and their companions while the avatar tries to learn all four elements. The villains of the show are the Fire Nation They started a war one hundred years ago and it still is going on. The show’s main characters are Sokka (southern Water Tribe), Katara (southern Water Tribe), Aang (Air Nation) Toph (Earth Nation.), Zuko (Fire Nation), and Iroh (Fire Nation) My personal connections are I got the DVDs of it for Christmas, I watched it five times over Quarantine, it’s my favorite show, and I have a plushie of one of the characters. I have a few of the graphic novels, I have read the two novels of one of the past Avatars, and I have watched the sequel of the show. I recommend it to people who like magical powers, feel good, action, and animated shows It would be good for ages eight and up and if you don’t like creepy stuff you should skip the episode “Puppetmaster” in season three. Overall a great show. Thank you for reading my review.

2 people found this helpful.
Asian mysticism meets epic fiction in top-notch 'toon.

1 person found this helpful.

If you haven't seen this show, you need to see a doctor

HOLY SMOK! I LOVE THIS SHOW! I love the humor, and character developments and the romances, (I know Sokka, the Oogie's,) BUT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I WANT More ATLA, I am driven crazy for it please!

Creepy

It is bad. People make weird faces and it not funny those faces are disturbing. The characters are lame and I don’t like it it is incredibly overrated. At the end Aang and Katara kiss it makes no sense because Aang is all powerful and is a very important person and Katara only found him by coincidence. The fights aren’t the most epic and The Series Finale, Sozin’s Comet is not that great as comets shouldn’t bring power to people it should flatten them. It is just weird in a bad way.

1 person found this helpful.

Some things kids dont notice (katara skinny dipping, dead bodies...)

So if your a kid watching this you don't notice crap, but if your a little older you see tiny tidbits of notkid freindly stuff. Such as dead bodies (fire nation soldiers,) gambling, sokkas underwear which is a small white cloth wrapped around his waist with another cloth hanging down to cover up his thing, last but not least there is one scene in season four where sokka and toph are talking on a cliff and you see that katara is listening in from the water below. Katara dont got no clothes on... her usually bathing clothes cover her shoulders but in this you see nothing. Katara is skinny dipping.

Completely fantastic

I hadn’t actually watched this show until very recently, and HOLY CRAP ITS AMAZING! I feel like you have probably heard all about why it’s amazing, so I’m just gonna say WATCH IT AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE!

Great show for kids to watch, not necessarily to understand

Amazingly written anime influenced cartoon, that pays homage to Asian culture and mysticism. For being a show marketed primarily towards a younger demographic, the show’s willingness to delve into horrifying subjects and display them with such brevity can be surprising sometimes, however. This show’s writing, world building, characters are truly something to behold and are used to this day ubiquitously as a benchmark for cartoons, and fantasy media as a whole. Overall, this show is “kid friendly”, but I wouldn’t recommend watching it until the viewer can fully understand and digest the depth, psychology, and subject matters that this show presents.

Great show for kids to watch, not necessarily to understand