All parent member reviews for Baby Daddy

Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byjm3d May 17, 2015

Lies, Lies, Lies...

I understand many sitcoms are rife with plots that start when one person lies and the funniness ensues as they try to not be caught. I personally like this show, don't get me wrong. I binge-watched it during a week of insomnia. I like the actors and have literally "lol'd" at lots of the gags. My problem is that the show is labelled "family" by ABC. Sure, its about a "family", per-se, but is it really for all members of the family to watch? If your 10-16 year old child is bright and gets the humor in this show, fine. If you see your kid as very impressionable at that age range, you really need to be keeping a good eye on everything he or she watches. Under 10, you need to be there to discuss and/or change the channel. Here's why: Every episode seems to be based on one or more characters making up some kind of a lie in order to "get the girl" or something along those lines. Add to that the constant change of who will be the next sex partner seems really "iffy" to put out there as the norm. I wouldn't want my kid to think this is how the average day-in-the-life is for most people. I know most kids will see the humor in the dilemmas the characters face in trying to come to terms with being deceitful and sneaky. But there are many kids that will see it as normal that trying to get one over on somebody is an acceptable way to try to live their lives. Sure, at the end of the episode, everyone comes clean and all is forgiven... but then, the next episode there's another scam going on, as if to say, if I can get away with it someday... that will be awesome! Some kids get that its just a quirky comedy. But it's definitely not one to be labeled a "family" show.
Parent of a 9 and 15 year old Written byobserver_ July 14, 2013

Very positive!!

This is a very good show. It's perfectly fine for young adults. This show is not over the top with sex, language, or drugs at all. Just about a man trying to rase his child on his own and going through obstacles in life and finding out what it really means to be a parent. This show is very good for teens. It's a very positive show with positive messages and it shows your teens what they most do when things don't turn out how they planned. I let my 13 year old daughter watch it and she is perfectly fine.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byallaboutchildren123 April 3, 2013

great for the family!

this show is wonderful for families and kids! it is quiet funny and sends good messages on to take things on in life. but, there is some parts were there is kissing, but its not to shabby.