Parent reviews for Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse

Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse Poster Image

Sending the Wrong message to kids

I am a big fan of the older Barbie movies. This show is nothing like them. It’s superficial, stereo typical and materialistic. This has pretty much all the negative quality’s you wouldn’t want your child to pick up on or have. It’s a horrible show if you love your child and want your child to grow up to be a decent smart human being then just say no to this show!
3 people found this helpful.

This show needs to be banned

Seriously I am a father and nothing drives my nerves more than my daughter watching this shallow, uneducated swill. I am trying to teach my daughter to be a smart proud woman who is not vain and judgemental and that's all this show promotes. Using made up words that promotes sounding uneducated to be cool and popular. Reinforcing the idea that girls don't have to be well spoken as long as they are blonde and beautiful and rich. All the wrong messages for a young woman in today's society, I really wish they would discontinue this show. At least others like Sophia the First and the like have messages about humility, selflessness and moral fiber.

Inappropriate and overly sassy

This show is very funny for adults but has no redeeming value for kids, especially tweens. After a few episodes my six year old was emulating the characters, ("oh give it a rest, Dad!") and the show was banned until further notice. The relational aggression between characters is extremely intense and there are definite body image issues as well.

1 person found this helpful.

Not what I want my daughter learning

This show is full of drama, materialism and consumerism. The characters value their stuff way too much, and the plot lines are usually centered around materialistic stories or dumb drama between the characters. Rarely is there a moral at the end of the episode.

Very Shallow!

Shallow characters, lots of name calling, jealous "bffs" and lots of stereotyping. Some humor, but mostly it made me want to gag.

Poor quality

These characters are vapid, sarcastic and rude to each other. Shouldn't even be a kids' show! Reminds of a cartoon version of the Kardashians.

I don’t understand....

The show is ok for my kids but not GREAT it focuses on fashion, Sarcasm, and Competition etc. Plus I hear many “Darn it”’s unless you want your child to be a bratty snob DO NOT WATCH THIS

Barbie... How we love thee and all thine principals

(click read more for the serious part of my review) Alright. To start off, me and me and my cousin watch everything Ironically, we watch all of the Twilight Series, Disney channel movies, and re-watch all of the old crappy animated Barbie movies and 90s cartoons that reuse the same slides from glorious movies of old. I feel like it's needless to say, we were overjoyed when we found this show on Netflix. Everything they do in the show is Ironic, and absolutely Iconic!! Finally, a show that we can laugh at because everything they do is a joke!! It almost tops Sonic Boom on Hulu. Almost. To be honest though: The series is good if you watch things Ironically. If your looking for something good for your kids to watch and you aren't as odd as me or my extended family, I'd choose something stupid like cocomelon or Blippy, or whatever. There are a few things that are funny for all generations which I completely adore about this show, but some kids don't get humor like Teenagers and Adults do. I get how a lot of parents and kids alike are saying that there is a thing there with body stereotypes and sexism and all that jazz, but I'm here to say that: that's how Barbie's were made. The new Barbie body mods were made after that show came out. I see your concern but this show is a joke- its not meant to be taken seriously. Its meant to make you laugh, and that's it. Its not trying to make you get angry at the body types and the unreal expectations because that is Barbie- its unreal- they are toys!! and they are portrayed as such in this movie.

Funny!

I really enjoy watching this with my 5 year old. It’s really funny, fast paced and I like how it stays true to the actual toys.

HILARIOUS

This show is HILARIOUS. As long as your kid is about 10 or over, it will be obvious to him/her that the show is a parody. I watch it with my younger sisters (22 and 10) and my mom and we laugh so much at how ridiculous the characters are. It’s also so fun to see some of our childhood toys come to life, like the shower with the water pump you have to hand squeeze and the convertible. The Barbies have to put in a battery that’s human size (so huge for barbies). Bottom line — the show is silly and honestly well written clean humor. I’m shocked by how much this show actually pokes fun at Barbies and the whole Barbie world. I wish there were more seasons.