All parent member reviews for Barking Mad

Adult Written byidealpaints April 9, 2008

Barking Mad is one of the best programs on TV these days. I enjoy watching it and even though I am a professional dog and horse trainer, I still pick up good tips and hints from it. I only wish there where some way to find out where Kelly gets her halters she uses for training her ponies. They must be an "english" thing, I have not seen them here in the States.
Adult Written byadoerfler April 9, 2008

Funny as well as educational

I love the show; I love Mark and Philippa. I love the English jargon (one dog was discribed as having a "dodgey tum"). Really good information about training. The love for animals and the desire to give them (and the humans) happier lives is very evident. Jolly good time.
Parent Written byLightflow June 14, 2013

Wonderful show to teach kids how to treat animals

This television series focused on science based methods to rehabilitate problem pets. The methods shown on the program were safe for all ages to try, and focused on positive reinforcement and helping the animals without harming the animal. Unlike other programming that may encourage aggressive behavior that can lead to bites (like physically forcing a dog on the ground), this focused on teaching to think and then work to fix the pet. Asking first "what does this animal need" and "why is it doing this behavior" then "what can we do to gently teach it not to do that, while filling it's needs?" Overall a wonderful show for any child who is interested in animals. When going to the zoo, you can walk around and point out animal enrichment there. This program helps show some of the ways to improve animal enrichment at home.