Kid reviews for Blaze and the Monster Machines

Friendly characters + STEM content = smart pick for tots.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytheauthorside November 22, 2014

Let's Blaze!

I saw Blaze and the Monster Machines' premiere, and I was hooked. The character voices are very well-done, and the plotlines are original and encompass aspects of science and math that similar shows don't touch upon. At first, I did not think it looked original, but the conflict between the Blaze/AJ and Crusher/Pickle teams keep the episodes "fresh."

Kid, 11 years old November 2, 2014

Awesomeness!

The show can have scary-ish scenes but it always turns for the better! Crusher is evil but never wins.

Teen, 13 years old Written byZ4993R July 6, 2021

Blaze always win

Well, I like it. But sometimes I hate it. It's just Blaze always win. M6 5 year old sis just wanted Crusher to win once. Now she barely sees Blaze and the Monster Machines.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjoker39quacky May 28, 2021

Don't let impressionable 2 year olds watch

My 2 year old nephew has learned to karate chop people from an episode with ninjas, and he's been chopping us often for the past few weeks. Wait until you know FOR SURE that your kid doesn't copy stuff off T.V. and I think it's alright. The show teaches kids about math but it's usually just a song singing about stuff kids will learn when they're in 3rd grade and if you're kid is the same age as my nephew (2 years old) they're not going to benefit from learning third grade math, heck my nephew needs his pacifier all the time.

Good for older toddlers but not for 2 year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerbervs May 23, 2021

Blaze Review (don’t bother with this show, it’s bad)

So, I’ve watched this show a few couple times. I don’t like it.
So first of all, the main character, blaze is a goody two shoes. He does everything right, he usually never messes up... he is predictable... actually every episode is predictable. It’s always the same thing. Blaze goes or does something, sometimes with a friend, crusher, the “bad guy” does something mean, like take something from the friend, or take a trophy, they go through obstacles, and then they retrieve the items and everyone’s happily ever after.
Now, one thing I really have to talk about?
Crusher.
Now, you know, monkey see monkey do. Crusher is your typical “whiny brat”. All he does is cry and cry about how much he wants [stolen item from friend] or [stolen trophy]. He also sets up traps. You know how kids learn from what they see? Yea.

The learning experience is fine. Not good not bad.

So, one pro about this show is the OST, or the sound track. This show has a really good sound track. I love rock music myself and the music is actually pretty dang good. At least in my opinion.

So in conclusion? 2/10 This show is pretty bad. I hate blaze, he is a goody two shoes, crusher is a literal whiny brat, and it’s literally the same episode over and over again. But dang this show has good music.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDelta-11 April 26, 2021

Very Dissapointing

it teaches my brother to destroy stuff ,revenge, saying inappropriate stuff like smash, pushing power. especially harming animals just to go to save someone. sarcasm, too much jokes young kids will not understand.
Boasting and other bad habits. It teaches kids some math stuff tho but still needs to impossible stuff toddlers cannot do like becoming a crane just to cross a bridge. also wasting food.

Kid, 8 years old September 10, 2020

My childhood!

Each day I used to wake up and go to Nick Jr. to watch this show! There is some violence but there is a lot of educational value. It rips off Cars and Dora the explorer, but that does not mean it's trash. The peril in the show is quite extreme for a show.

Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2020

Blaze is Suitable for all kids ages.

All Kids Need to Know this Show is Appropriate for all kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysylveon-sinnoh September 19, 2019
it teaches kids good messages such as math, physics and science. Most characters are good models. But the villain car is a not good role model, he tries to cause mischief for blaze. There are no bad words and violence
Teen, 13 years old Written bynadia_the_gamer21 November 13, 2018
This show really gets on my nerves...
Kid, 12 years old August 9, 2018

I Disprove Whiny Crusher

This educational show is good but Crusher’s whining and crying makes me wanna cry, and Crusher’s whining also influences children to whine over everything! Crusher who cheats is such a bad influence on kids!

Teen, 13 years old Written byZiaChin June 19, 2017

Educational, Yet Unoriginal.

To be honest, I like how Blaze teaches other children advanced science such as momentum and others, Although the characters are weak in personality.

As I have searched in the Blaze wiki, AJ and Blaze have no flaws, fears, and more. Not to mention it's style of communicating with children is the same as Dora which is actually ripping it off.

It's animation is interesting, But it would be nice if you add more humans to the show because I'm thinking that the show is actually an alien invasion and AJ and Gabby is hypnotized and as well as the last humans in their entire race.

Back to the subject. Blaze is so far nice except it would improve if they add REAL personality to this disgusting show. It would, I know you are just trying to make a great role model for kids, But to make it a true adventure, Making him have weaknesses can make the character more lovable.

(P.S Yes, I write books, They aren't too professional but at least it's better than this... Thing.)
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2017

Great But Some Negative Role Models

Great show, but I have noticed some negative role models. The main negative role model is a "monster machine" (monster truck that can transform into a machine) named Crusher who only wants to win races, and he cheats continually. He also cries when he doesn't get what he wants, which isn't a great role model for teaching kids to accept what they have and that life doesn't always go their way. Crusher never wins when he cheats, though, which gives a message to kids that cheaters never win. But overall, this is a great way to teach kids skills needed in school and the other monster trucks are great role models.

Teen, 15 years old Written byChase322 February 17, 2017