All parent member reviews for Blue's Clues

Parent of a 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byParentReviewer18 August 20, 2010

My 4 Year old loves this show! We Have a dvr and I Record this and many other shows she likes and we sit down, she eats a snack and we watch the show. I But I was very upset when they changed actors for the main guy at first it was Steve and then it was joe.I Think kids ages 0-5 will love this show!
Educator and Parent of a 1, 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byduquoi April 9, 2008

Adult Written byKimmieSu April 9, 2008

Love this show. My 2 year old son loves finding the clues and pointing them out. It makes the kids think at the end too when all the clues are together and they have to figure out what Blue wants.
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

the best show that I could find for my child who turned 2 just today

I was watching nick jr with my 2 year old and after getting seriously annoyed by dora I found the most heartwarming cartoon ever it helped somehow and now ive gotta find more shows to educate my child
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 16, 2015

Nostalgia from my childhood..

Steves handy dandy notebook was amazing, although the show did change a lot more than I wanted to, I personally thought that both Steve and Joe did a great job for this series. otherwise, great show for the kiddies..
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 January 7, 2013

i cant upload them due to tech issues

i am not famous on the forums in a good way....
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 23, 2012

Easy to like.

I love Blue's Clues! It brings back SOOOOOOOOOOOO many childhood memories! It is also PERFECT for the little ones!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 16, 2012

blues clues

treating its young viewers as the multifaceted individuals that they are. Families can talk about whether Blue is an imaginary friend or a real dog. Can imaginary friends be as much fun as Blue? What kind of things would Blue say to Joe if she could talk all the time?
Parent Written bytammym July 7, 2012

Good modeling, for both of us.

My almost 2 year old loves Blue's Clues as do I for many reasons. We've only seen the first two seasons so far, where the human host's name is Steve, not Joe (maybe Joe comes later?). As we've watched I've grown to admire Steve Burns as an incredibly talented musician and performer. Unlike most children's performers, he's very natural and understated, so it took me a while to recognize and appreciate his brilliance but I did and do. Back in the mid-90's, I dated a guy who had a toddler niece who watched blues clues. I remember she and her mom singing "Clean up, clean up time..." while picking up her toys. Now over a decade later, I started singing that with my little one (making up my own version). I'm an older mom and have sadly lost touch with how to play in many respects. Feeling somewhat perplexed by how to engage my toddler, it occurred to me that this show might be worth checking out. We watch very little TV and this is the first show we've exposed her to. I like to watch it with her actively, dancing and interacting with her and the show while it's playing. Blue's Clues gives me lots of ideas and seeing Steve get playful and imaginative has been helpful role modeling for me. There's also a short segment on each episode where preschool children show Steve something that they can do related to the episode's theme. My little one loves that segment and again, it's more creative-play inspiration for me, things like play "name that sound" or turn the laundry basket and a flash light into a "choo choo." Additionally, the show gives us context for conversation. After watching the show about emotions, for instance, we are sometimes successful at helping her to remember how Blue and Steve "stop, breathe, and think," when they get frustrated. When we went to our first toddler birthday party recently, I was able to prepare her for where we were headed and what we'd be doing by referring to Blue's birthday party. I think knowing what to expect helped, she had a great time and now we play birthday with her stuffed animals. Another thing I appreciate about this show is its pacing. It maintains a nice balance of creativity without being overly stimulating. Although I prefer to actively participate in any media she's exposed to at this young age, after having personally watched many episodes, Blue's Clues is something that I feel I can trust that she's safe with if she watches on her own from time to time. If you're going to do media with little ones, Blue's Clues is educational, respectful and fun.
Parent Written byMrs. Arvizo November 26, 2011

Great show

This show is great for kids. The consistency of the songs and characters are wonderful. The patterns and the things they teach are great. I would let any kid watch this show.
Parent Written byMommy2two August 22, 2011

We want Steve!

Love Blue's Clues! However I want Steve back!!!!!
Adult Written byLivCrayola4Ever February 17, 2011

Best show for little kids EVER!!!

This show has been on even BEFORE I was born... And there have been some changes to it. For example, the human host used to be a man named Steve, but the people at Nick Jr. said that "Steve had to go onto college", thus bringing Joe to host the show. Also, I had a Blue's Clues set of sheets and a comforter when I was three. It was a BIG HIT with me. I love, Love, LOVED it!!!!
Parent of a 3 year old Written byeyoungmom September 5, 2010

classic

we only watch the classic episodes, my daughter loves it!
Adult Written bytrajedy April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

Learning Experience

This is an excellent program, that teaches children to think. Children are most impressionable at young ages and we must start as early as possible to teach them to make reasoned and well thought out decisions. Blue's Clues is a very good start. 5 stars for this show.
Adult Written bymontiki April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybeingvenus April 9, 2008

Great Show

This is one of my favorite (other than Little Bill) shows on Nick Jr. The premise is great, the show isn't overwhelming like a lot of other kids shows and even without my encouragement my four year old son gets involved with the show. It's VERY engaging.
Parent of an infant, 6, and 6 year old Written byjakeandjonathansmom April 9, 2008

Outstanding

This is one show that I would recommend without any reservations. My boys are 4 and love to shout out the answers to Joe's (and Steve's) questions. It does not talk down to children and does not underestimate a child's ability to learn.
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

Engaging and entertaining

Blue's Clues does a good job and engaging viewers. It's like a graduation from Dora where the viewers are invited to participate but in a more skilled and mature way than Dora. My 3+ year old enjoys it but he's still a little young for it.
Adult Written byBest4mykids April 9, 2008

Educational and Kindness in one basket

My kids love this show and have since they turned 2 - cant go wrong!