Parent reviews for Blue's Clues

Engaging fun for young ones (and parents, too!).

Parent of a 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byParentReviewer18 August 20, 2010
My 4 Year old loves this show! We Have a dvr and I Record this and many other shows she likes and we sit down, she eats a snack and we watch the show. I But I was very upset when they changed actors for the main guy at first it was Steve and then it was joe.I Think kids ages 0-5 will love this show!

Adult Written byKimmieSu April 9, 2008
Love this show. My 2 year old son loves finding the clues and pointing them out. It makes the kids think at the end too when all the clues are together and they have to figure out what Blue wants.
Adult Written bytrajedy April 9, 2008
Parent of an infant, 6, and 6 year old Written byjakeandjonathansmom April 9, 2008

Outstanding

This is one show that I would recommend without any reservations. My boys are 4 and love to shout out the answers to Joe's (and Steve's) questions. It does not talk down to children and does not underestimate a child's ability to learn.
Adult Written byLivCrayola4Ever February 17, 2011

Best show for little kids EVER!!!

This show has been on even BEFORE I was born... And there have been some changes to it. For example, the human host used to be a man named Steve, but the people at Nick Jr. said that "Steve had to go onto college", thus bringing Joe to host the show. Also, I had a Blue's Clues set of sheets and a comforter when I was three. It was a BIG HIT with me. I love, Love, LOVED it!!!!

Educator and Parent of a 1, 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byduquoi April 9, 2008
Parent of an infant, 2, and 4 year old Written bySabahatRM July 21, 2015

I like both joe and steve

Joe is also bot on team umizoomi....my kids love both these shows!

Parent Written byMrs. Arvizo November 26, 2011

Great show

This show is great for kids. The consistency of the songs and characters are wonderful. The patterns and the things they teach are great. I would let any kid watch this show.

Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

Learning Experience

This is an excellent program, that teaches children to think. Children are most impressionable at young ages and we must start as early as possible to teach them to make reasoned and well thought out decisions. Blue's Clues is a very good start. 5 stars for this show.
Adult Written bymontiki April 9, 2008
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 2, 2015

the best show that I could find for my child who turned 2 just today

I was watching nick jr with my 2 year old and after getting seriously annoyed by dora I found the most heartwarming cartoon ever it helped somehow and now ive gotta find more shows to educate my child
Parent of an infant year old Written byHolly R. December 12, 2017

My childhood favorite

I was just 8 years when this came out 21 year's ago and I have fond memories of the original one with Steve. I had a stuffed Blue and it was the only thing me and my much younger cousin Abby would watch together as kids. I used to draw pictures of the dog and I would always watch it during the summer or on those snow days. I quit watching after they swapped Steve out because it didn't transition well at first and I don't know if it got better with the new guy.
Adult Written bytammym July 7, 2012

Good modeling, for both of us.

My almost 2 year old loves Blue's Clues as do I for many reasons. We've only seen the first two seasons so far, where the human host's name is Steve, not Joe (maybe Joe comes later?). As we've watched I've grown to admire Steve Burns as an incredibly talented musician and performer. Unlike most children's performers, he's very natural and understated, so it took me a while to recognize and appreciate his brilliance but I did and do. Back in the mid-90's, I dated a guy who had a toddler niece who watched blues clues. I remember she and her mom singing "Clean up, clean up time..." while picking up her toys. Now over a decade later, I started singing that with my little one (making up my own version). I'm an older mom and have sadly lost touch with how to play in many respects. Feeling somewhat perplexed by how to engage my toddler, it occurred to me that this show might be worth checking out. We watch very little TV and this is the first show we've exposed her to. I like to watch it with her actively, dancing and interacting with her and the show while it's playing. Blue's Clues gives me lots of ideas and seeing Steve get playful and imaginative has been helpful role modeling for me. There's also a short segment on each episode where preschool children show Steve something that they can do related to the episode's theme. My little one loves that segment and again, it's more creative-play inspiration for me, things like play "name that sound" or turn the laundry basket and a flash light into a "choo choo." Additionally, the show gives us context for conversation. After watching the show about emotions, for instance, we are sometimes successful at helping her to remember how Blue and Steve "stop, breathe, and think," when they get frustrated. When we went to our first toddler birthday party recently, I was able to prepare her for where we were headed and what we'd be doing by referring to Blue's birthday party. I think knowing what to expect helped, she had a great time and now we play birthday with her stuffed animals. Another thing I appreciate about this show is its pacing. It maintains a nice balance of creativity without being overly stimulating. Although I prefer to actively participate in any media she's exposed to at this young age, after having personally watched many episodes, Blue's Clues is something that I feel I can trust that she's safe with if she watches on her own from time to time. If you're going to do media with little ones, Blue's Clues is educational, respectful and fun.

Uncle Written byOscar L. December 6, 2017

Don’t You dare watch it!!!!!

I recently found out the dog blue has a blue penis. Don’t watch!

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Adult Written byIm Red Y. October 21, 2017

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Adult Written bybeingvenus April 9, 2008

Great Show

This is one of my favorite (other than Little Bill) shows on Nick Jr. The premise is great, the show isn't overwhelming like a lot of other kids shows and even without my encouragement my four year old son gets involved with the show. It's VERY engaging.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAdrian M. September 11, 2017

A Brilliant Educational Kids Show.

My four year old son adores this show. I also love it, as I've watched t sonxe I was little. While I do prefer Steve, the first host, Joe is good in his own right. I binge watch this show with my son Jack (this show has encouraged him to want become a detective). It's also very good for interactive play ideas. For example, in the episode Blue's Favprite Story in season 1, we got the idea on how to create a story with puppet shows. Oh have no idea how much fabric and glue I had to buy following that episode! That and there is now a giant puppet they're erected in my living room. I'm a single father (and quite young myslef) so it's always been difficult for me to properly engage in play activities with my son amd this show helps massively! It engages his brain really well, gives him positive feedback and reinforcement. It also doesn't just teach the same things over and over, like some shows specifically teach maths or literacy skills. This show has a wide range of edicational benefits including recognition of pattern, making deductions based on rational logic. The list goes on! What I also find helpful is that it technically tracks a child's development. At least that's my theory. For example, to decorate Mailbox's birthday cake the child has to decide the correct colour and shape which comes next in the pattern. This is how I figured out that my son needs glasses; he could see the colours but not differentiate between say, a diamond and a circle. The show is brilliant. I encourage any parent to let their child watch it.

Adult Written byMrs. C. B. August 8, 2017

educational

My son loved it.

Educator and Parent of an infant year old Written byBatfan7 March 26, 2016

Perfect starter show

The slow pace (especially in reference to camera changes), repetition (the 'phases' of the show are very predictable), the educational content (each show teaches some concept), and the cute, fun storyline make this the absolutely perfect show to introduce your youngest child to TV. It has all the things that scientists say should be present in pre-school TV. Namely it contains: few camera transitions, opportunities for the child to interact with the show (there are pauses for answering questions and making guesses to puzzles). This is the only show I feel comfortable letting my toddler watch on the occasion when I need a break.

Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 16, 2015

Nostalgia from my childhood..

Steves handy dandy notebook was amazing, although the show did change a lot more than I wanted to, I personally thought that both Steve and Joe did a great job for this series. otherwise, great show for the kiddies..