Parent reviews for Bluey

Bluey Poster Image

Teaches kids to be disrespectful.

My toddler was super into this show for a while. I must admit I did not pay enough attention to what was going on in the show. She started saying weird phrases and talking back so I sat down and watched it with her one day because it’s the only thing I could link to her weird and mean phrases. It was the ice cream episode that really upset me. They were throwing a tantrum over wanting to buy ice cream when they were told no. The dad gave in and when their ice cream melted they threw another tantrum. I don’t recommend this show for small children who mimic behaviors because it’s been weeks since we’ve allowed her to watch it and she is still repeating things from the show when she is told no.
6 people found this helpful.

Disappointing Parenting Message

At first I really liked Bluey. But then when I sat down to actually watch it I noticed some disturbing trends. The parents have this carefree parenting attitude that quickly boils over into the "raising a brat" territory. The kids are always having tantrums and the parents act disinterested and mute about it. Thats not okay and it doesn't teach the right things. You need to communicate with your kids why certain behaviors are not okay and these parents don't do that. They simply allow the kids to throw themselves on the ground and scream if they want ice cream. Then the parents give in and buy the ice cream because, as it seems to me, they don't want to be bothered with the tantrum. Thats not a behavior I want my kid mimicking or engaging in. I noticed that when I allowed my kid to watch Bluey, my kid got a bad attitude and engaged in a lot of screaming for things they wanted. As soon as we blocked Bluey and cut out all Bluey content, that behavior ceased.
4 people found this helpful.
Parents with negative reviews…give me a break!!! As an elementary teacher and parent, I find this show to be absolute gold. Hilarious, adorable, and full of positive messages. Yes, the characters *sometimes* cause (dare I say) mischief/ throw tantrums and yes, sometimes the parents aren’t as “firm” as I would be in real life. My child understands that this show is make believe and that sees the humor in it, just as I do. It encourages imagination and humor. In a world of YouTube/Tic Tok/and even inappropriate Disney movies, I have nothing but love for this show!

3 people found this helpful.

Just a lovely show.

Just a lovely show and good for parents to watch with the tykes as well

2 people found this helpful.

Great fun

Lots of fun episodes that have important emotional lessons. Love that the episodes are shorter, as well.

Fantastic show

It’s a show that my husband and I watch with our daughter it is educational for both children and adults. It helps you be a better parent and has a lot of life lessons for kids. It’s appropriate, the humor is funny for kids and adults too. Very cute show. We love Bluey.

ALL ages

I'm a 73 year old grandfather of six, youngest of whom is five and who introduced me to Bluey. I think this is one of the most well written and overall best shows on TV. All my family live far away, and watching Bluey makes me feel like I'm there with the kids. Every episode is filled with, to quote Bandit, "valuable life lessons."

Beautiful show!

I came here largely to defend this wonderful cartoon from some... very strange and lengthy poor reviews. All the low ratings I've seen boil down to largely one thing: they feel the show doesn't teach the appropriate "respect for parents". (Apart from one which also says it encourages Pagan values like worshipping the sun and moon, which i found hilarious). The show isn't about teaching parental respect. (Besides which respect isn't given, it's earned?). The show - to me - is about teaching kids to share, to imagine, to play, to explore, to solve problems, to question things, and many more, but against the backdrop of a largely realistic family dynamic. The parents are loving and patient, and try to teach the kids good lessons, but are also frequently shown being tired and preoccupied. I'm not going to bang on - this is a terrific show with wonderful writing. Watch it.

1 person found this helpful.

Great for kids and adults

Extremely funny show. Great for kids and adults. Short episodes make it easier to limit screen time.