All parent member reviews for Brain Games

Parent Written byConcerned88 April 28, 2013

Be aware, sexual content sneaks in...

The episode of brain games tonite featured a seemingly innocent high school football practice in which you had to be in the role of referee and judge if a kick made it through the uprights...not bad, until, the narrator states "you may have seen the football go through the uprights, but can you remember which cheerleader took off their tops? This is a show through National Geographic! Why add in sophomoric humor that one can find in shows such as two and a half men? It is disappointing that a show which could be such a positive force has to resort to such crude material. Can't we leave some aspects of learning innocent and free of planted filth.
Adult Written bysetkdcaldwell March 27, 2015

Just a little dog poop in the brownies.

Shame on National Geographic! Could have been a great show except they intentionally include inappropriate content. Why?! I watched four episodes and they all had it. Bikinis, pole dancers, more bikinis. It's all about the science right? The three cheerleaders that "took their tops off" were wearing slightly revealing shirts underneath each with a large word on their chest which together said "Made, You, Look." Maybe, but now I'm angry and I for one choose not to look any more. Not that they care. For every one of me there are a hundred teenage boys and girls who will continue to look and National Geographic or whoever is behind them can continue to play their "mind games" on them. Who will take a stand?
Adult Written byMelinda S. September 19, 2016

Innapropriate sexual content

Several episodes focus on girls in bikinis, topless cheerleaders, men posing shirtless. Unnecessary for children. Pathetic they have to resort to such measures to teach CHILDREN!
Adult Written byBlackshot March 4, 2016

Only describes what the general population sees

This show is just a bunch of common sense and theories. They prime your brain and then say it's something else. I have never fallen for any of their tricks and am yet to receive answer as to what that means. I know what others think/how they think. But nothing about the 5% like me. I want to know if that means I'm intelligent or completely insane.
Educator Written byjohnb5 July 8, 2015

Interesting and entertaining show, but beware of the lies

Some of the episodes are well done. But there is one flaw or lie that they keep talking about. They always talk about the brain as being in control. It’s always the brain does this, the brain does that. But it’s your mind that does everything. The brain is just a tool your mind uses. It’s not the brain that is in control – it’s the mind. The brain is just an organ – like a heart or liver. A very important and vital organ – but still just an organ. http://www.northjerseyhypnosis.com/brain-games-tv-show/