Parent reviews for Broadchurch

Broadchurch Poster Image

A boring sermon

Episodes were too stretched out; could have made the story tighter; many subplots that had nothing to do with the main plot. Unbelievable in some instances; why was Ellie"s son so antagonist? why so many references to son's computer with no decisions? Ellie's sex scene was unrealistic-did not fit with her image. And why have the scenes with barrister and her son? Lent nothing to the plot. Finally, the 'embrace' between the two women barristers added nothing to the story. Could have been done in fewer installments; omit the sensationalism!

Sex scene not mentioned in overview.

Thankfully I was not watching season 2 in the living room like I had been season 1. Season two has BDSM references and sex scenes.

this is not TV14

well under language they are saying here on this common sense media, only profanity of Shit and Hell well Episode 5 has F---ing so you need to be aware I'm watching it right now and it is TVMA with F bombs

Intense, Mysterious Drama

Broadchurch is a very intense TV series, full of mystery, realistic portrayals of broken families\people, and a lot of heartbreak. I have only seen the first season, so I am only speaking of that. Pros: Very good plot line; phenomenal acting; good character development; no sex scenes (in first season anyway); not very violent; there is a religious element to it; very interesting and really makes you think. Cons: Swearing (definitely not for younger kids) - s***t, f**k, etc., although bad language is not used constantly; some disturbing sexual things talked about that aren't for younger kids; there is an affair (but it is not romanticized); can be a bit slow at times.

Decent show, marred by excessive sexual sub-plots

Made a point to watch, or dvr Broadchurch after reading some of the glowing reviews. The actors, setting and plot are all very good or excellent. While I don't consider myself a prude by any means, I am a bit upset that the writers had to throw in 4 or 5 sexual sub-plots to spice this show up. One or two of them are key to the plot, but come on! (Warning plot spoilers ahead) - The father of the mudered boy was having an affair the night of his sons death - The old shop owner was accused of being a pedophile, later it turns out he was shagging a 15 year old. - The boys daughter who is 15, is dating a 17 year old, and shaggibg him---al least with condoms. - The newspaper affair. They kiss, then wind up shagging. We see them wake up together and discuss shagging again. - The detective on the case embarrases himself by coming on to the B&B's owner. She refuses to shag. I probably missed some, but really, do we need all of this to keep our attention. This is on BBC, which is part of why I think this is a bit much. I enjoy shows like Game of Thrones and True Blood where the sex and violence is expected and needed.