All parent member reviews for Broadchurch

Parent Written byotisnova September 7, 2013

Decent show, marred by excessive sexual sub-plots

Made a point to watch, or dvr Broadchurch after reading some of the glowing reviews. The actors, setting and plot are all very good or excellent. While I don't consider myself a prude by any means, I am a bit upset that the writers had to throw in 4 or 5 sexual sub-plots to spice this show up. One or two of them are key to the plot, but come on! (Warning plot spoilers ahead) - The father of the mudered boy was having an affair the night of his sons death - The old shop owner was accused of being a pedophile, later it turns out he was shagging a 15 year old. - The boys daughter who is 15, is dating a 17 year old, and shaggibg him---al least with condoms. - The newspaper affair. They kiss, then wind up shagging. We see them wake up together and discuss shagging again. - The detective on the case embarrases himself by coming on to the B&B's owner. She refuses to shag. I probably missed some, but really, do we need all of this to keep our attention. This is on BBC, which is part of why I think this is a bit much. I enjoy shows like Game of Thrones and True Blood where the sex and violence is expected and needed.