All teen and kid member reviews for Cake Boss: Next Great Baker

Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2013

Not as good as original Cake Boss show...

It's a good show overall. A little bit of swearing and consumerism.
Kid, 11 years old January 13, 2011

perfect for 10+

I love this show!!!! Corina Elgart is my fave contestant. There is a lot of strong language though. I like that!
Kid, 9 years old July 31, 2014

The coolest show

When i watched this show, it was really cool and great. But unfortunatley, there's cussing you should know about before your kid watches it. But i would give it five stars!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCliff Hanger January 16, 2011

Iffy

Its ok. It sometimes is very good at times. I like how they all are competing
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2014

Amazing Competitive Baking Show with Unexpected Sexual References and Mild Violence

I don't know why Common Sense Media does not like this show. It is amazing, especially since it is all a competition. Trust me, any baking competition shows are awesome! The personalities are huge and some competitors go to extreme levels to win. Who wouldn't want to see that? The characters go through up to eight torturous weeks, pushing themselves to the limit. They put effort into their work and attempt to prove they have skill. They work to acheive their goals. They work for a job. MOST of the competitors don't give up. That shows great messages. Also, sometimes they have to work as a group. It teaches children about teamwork. The competitors that don't give up are good role models. There all also some people that help out the peers that are struggling, even thought they are their competition. Great role models! There is mild "violence" and some scenes that may be viewed as "intense." Cakes are thrown off a building, broken in a car ride, and blown up. In one episode, there were skulls and crossbones on cakes. Buddy screams sometimes. For intense, some people had to stay in a freezer for a long period of time. It really isn't bad, but it may bother some sensitive younger children. The worst part is when Minerva pushes a pregnant woman. If you think there won't be sexual referenced because this show is about baking, you are incorrect. Some cakes are referred to as "sexalicious." A cake is called the "better than sex cake." The bakers had to sculpt people. One of the "models" wanted large boobs and to look sexy. Buddy makes one reference, which I cannot remember. Some people swear under stress and at other competitors. It usually isn't bad. Alcohol is rarely an ingredient in some cakes. This show is amazing and the parental cautions are very mild.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhklover14 March 10, 2013

carrer opportunities

It shows a good career opportunities for teens
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2015

Bad Rating

I watched this show at 9 years old, and was completely fine. Don't overreact, CSM.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytrueluvful January 15, 2011

cake boss:next great baker

i luve this show but it has a lot of bad language that me and my brothers cant say.i still luv the show no matter what.
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2011
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2011
Okay I haven't watched Cake Boss but I flipped to this show once and I was hooked from the beginning. Now I DVR every episode, and I love it! The cakes are beyond amazing, and the contestants are so funny. The reality is obviously fake, but it's entertaining to watch them yell at eachother. Give this show a chance, it's really good!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancer321 March 8, 2014

Next Great Baker

This is a pretty good show! There is no positive role models in it, however, because the contestants swear and yell at each other.
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2012

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love next great baker! I love the bakers challenge. I LOVE BUDDY V. he is the BEST! (but he could yell sometimes!) I think you should either watch this or cake boss! It proves that if you set your mind to something anything can happen! (in a good way or bad)!
Kid, 12 years old January 8, 2011

good for 8 or so and up

this is a very interesting amazing cool show for the family to watch.