All parent member reviews for Caprica

Parent of a 17 year old Written byorange mécanique January 27, 2010
Adult Written bygidgiddonihah May 17, 2011

Terrible story, a huge trainwreck!

I only saw the pilot and that was enough for me. Terrible spin-off, a disgrace of Battlestar Galactica's name. There is a virtual night club that shows people grinding, there is the occasional swear word, and smoking came up a lot. But the red flag shot up at the storyline. (They assume you know the BG universe, or at least can figure it out quickly) Some kids are part of an extreme monotheistic terrorist group that bomb a train and they are trying to create the first Cylon before the competing companies. Really a snoozer. The unnecessary sex and the whole nightclub thing was another big turnoff too. Sorry Caprica, but I bid adieu to you.
Adult Written byitsjustashowyouknow January 25, 2010

philosophical discussions and inferences to our society

It has lots of things in it that can lead to philosophical questions and discussions you can have with your kids or anyone and can relate that world/society to our own and draw inferences to whats happening today and this can also done this with its parent show BSG.
Adult Written byviper_wings February 17, 2015

Philosophy on high level

You like it or you don't and I like this prequel to B.C. It is so much food for thought this series . As was B.C. What faults do we make ? Why do we play an endgame whit us as superior beings ? All as actual as life itself . I am 58 . For me it is hard to say what age . When I was young I had terrible nightmares from Bambi when I was 8 So.........................
Adult Written bymgraf January 29, 2011

Some thought-provoking issues to be found.

The ethical, moral, and philosophical issues abound in both 'Caprica' and parent show 'Battlestar Galactica'. While there are some fairly mature themes, I believe teens can handle these readily, and the more curious will find themselves wanting to discuss some of the issues raised by the actions of the characters. There are some relevant parallels with our current first-world societies; giddy with success and new technology, what are we becoming? How do we retain our sense of self and culture? There are both positive messages and negative messages in this show, but this perfectly reflects the complexity of human behaviour in our modern world. It's a bit slow, and so is best watched on-demand, rather than on a televised schedule.