Kid reviews for Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Help Captain Planet save the earth!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMayYouBeForeverYoung April 23, 2013

Captain Planet

I absolutely love this show. I think its really cute & has a positive message. It sounds like whoever wrote this review only watched one episode. Some episodes do have some innuendos, but not anything worse than what you what see on any other kids show today, and this is actually a lot more appropriate.

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byWooba January 2, 2020
It's OK for little children who won't notice the graphics and strange plot devices, and is a good way to introduce them to controversial issues such as climate change, global warming and abortion.
Some people claim that it demonizes capitalists and Jeremy Clarkson. The show is for kids but it's definitely political in many respects, so if you don't agree with its ideas (most of which are left-wing), then don't show it to your kids. Or, show it your kids and let them decide what they think of the issues themselves.
Captain Planet himself is rather bland and never seems to take up much of the adventure.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn May 23, 2013

This show is...Eh, Alright

However in one episode they talk about aids and that you can't get aids from casual content,also in one episode they talk about drugs. So for that i'm putting edgy for 5 even though not all episodes are that edgy.

Educational Value
Teen, 16 years old Written bymcmax29 March 23, 2013

Mostly appropriate

This show is appropriate, but younger viewers should avoid watching Captain Planet: Mind Pollution. This is the only Captain Planet episode with death. They make refrences to a drug called "bliss". and the Planeteers get attacked by Bath salt "zombies".
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 18, 2012

This show is boring (CSM,asked me to re-write the title because the language isn't their style.I was too harsh.)

This was the WORST cartoon of the 90s! No matter how hard I tried as a kid,this show always bored me to death!
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2010

How preachy can a show get? Let our powers combine and ask Captain Planet!

I love the earth. I hate preachy shows. Why did they just have to mix the two? I have seen a couple of these shows, and Captain Planet is so very annoying! My heart goes out to Ma-Ti though. I mean really, he got stuck with heart. HEART! Secondly, if this Mother Earth character is so great, why doesn't she save the earth? And last, why does the team solve every problem with violence, yelling, or lectures? I wouldn't let any kid who wants to go another day without guilt to our planet watch this.

Kid, 9 years old October 12, 2010

Teen, 17 years old Written byCartoonlove77 April 17, 2010

Terrible, campy, and giggle inducing

I watched this when I was younger, and it was fun and educational. Now, it's campy and hilarious. Not once have I heard the words 'Global Warming', but 'Climate Change' is used often. I count the amount of puns Captain Planet says for giggles. It's good for kids who like bad cartoons. It's a terrible show that shoves causes down kids throats, but is fun to watch for giggles.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygbboone February 11, 2010

Evil

This is propaganda and eco-terrorism. Only let kids mature enough to make decisions for themselves watch this.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

this show is annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this shows so stupid it realy sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!