All parent member reviews for Catfish: The TV Show

Parent of a 5, 6, 7, and 11 year old Written byAnEpicGuy December 3, 2012

Not ok for kids

This is banned in my house. My sister has seen this and it's inaproppriate.
Educator and Parent Written bykittiep April 11, 2015

Bad TV

This show is such a waste of air space, basically the main guy got played by a girl on the internet and bow feels its his job to go expose others like her. They make EVERYTHING so dramatic and more then what it really is, and the entire concept is basically about revenge. Its a awful show imo.
Adult Written byM&M1995 July 28, 2014

Online dating is the focus of this detective-style reality series.

Catfish: The TV Show can get boring, and a lot of the storylines seem to be recycled each episode. The "catfish" is the person who is not who they say they are, luring their online partner into a world of lies, deception, and manipulation, sometimes over the course of years. Although the series started off with a focus on dating, in its most recent season Catfish has ventured into the territory of fake online friendships and scams, which can either be viewed as refreshing or disappointing. The formula works okay, and some episodes leave you at the edge of your seat. Seeing as online dating is what defines this show, expect constant discussion about relationships, intimacy, and infidelity. In addition, there is talk about sexting, phone sex, d*ck pics, and more. Some of the people looking for help on the show are gay men or women. Swearing and confrontation occur between the person and their alleged lover or "catfish" and between the catfish and the hosts Nev and Max. If it is at all reassuring, some of the catfish show remorse and regret, others have emotional stories or circumstances, and the ideals of forgiveness are tested. Catfish can be a platform to open up discussion with your child about the dangers of the Internet and social media.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy January 21, 2013

I'm not crazy for this show.

This show is not my favorite show.First off,it is very inapropriate.Second of all,it can get ridiculously stupid at times.It's still an OK show.I like the drama in the show.It is very exciting.The action is pretty cool as well.So I think that Catfish: The TV Show is just OK,but nothing special.
Adult Written byJEDI micah January 21, 2013

This is why social networking can be dangerous!

The reason why I find this reality show intersting is that it shows how dangerous it is to go onto Facebook or any other social network. You don't know if the person who seems to be interested in you is the autual person online. This show, in a way, is like a detective reality show. I don't normally watch shows on MTV, but this one is an "OK" show for people who are reality show fans.