Parent reviews for Catfish: The TV Show

Catfish: The TV Show Poster Image

Catfish

Not appropriate all the time for teens 14. As I listened while my teen was watching I heard many things that made my eyes bulge. One was the discussion on fellatio! I was like new show please?!? If it was only about being tricked or bamboozled from the other side of keyboard, but in introduces too many things it might not be time to discuss yet!!!

Meh...

This show is cool as it tells viewers that hackers, cyberbullies and trolls are bad as it can make others feel bad. To me the show shouldn't just be Mtv as I think it's an ok show to be on other channels. It does cuss sometimes like Sh*t, Bi*ch, F*ck, a**hole, and more. though most are bleeped. And it's ok. I would reccomend it for older children. sort of like a messed up dating show.

Fave

Insightful

I find this show very insightful in the misuse of social networking. I myself did not use my real name when creating this account and it is so easy to do so it makes it equally easy to live a second identity or a fantasy life. Unfortunately this is also what can lead to innocent victims being mislead into hurtful relationships built on lies. Alot of people are portrayed as stupid when in fact this show also is insightful in showing the ignorance in all the ways social networking can be used to build these false identities to include false accounts, false telephone numbers and of course the ease of falsely using other peoples images as their own. I think these investigations give a clear picture of the distrust that all people should have in social networking the same way we have distrust in distributing our personal information. The story lines are soso, but the education and insight is outstanding! keep up the good work!

Bad TV

This show is such a waste of air space, basically the main guy got played by a girl on the internet and bow feels its his job to go expose others like her. They make EVERYTHING so dramatic and more then what it really is, and the entire concept is basically about revenge. Its a awful show imo.

Online dating is the focus of this detective-style reality series.

Catfish: The TV Show can get boring, and a lot of the storylines seem to be recycled each episode. The "catfish" is the person who is not who they say they are, luring their online partner into a world of lies, deception, and manipulation, sometimes over the course of years. Although the series started off with a focus on dating, in its most recent season Catfish has ventured into the territory of fake online friendships and scams, which can either be viewed as refreshing or disappointing. The formula works okay, and some episodes leave you at the edge of your seat. Seeing as online dating is what defines this show, expect constant discussion about relationships, intimacy, and infidelity. In addition, there is talk about sexting, phone sex, d*ck pics, and more. Some of the people looking for help on the show are gay men or women. Swearing and confrontation occur between the person and their alleged lover or "catfish" and between the catfish and the hosts Nev and Max. If it is at all reassuring, some of the catfish show remorse and regret, others have emotional stories or circumstances, and the ideals of forgiveness are tested. Catfish can be a platform to open up discussion with your child about the dangers of the Internet and social media.

I'm not crazy for this show.

This show is not my favorite show.First off,it is very inapropriate.Second of all,it can get ridiculously stupid at times.It's still an OK show.I like the drama in the show.It is very exciting.The action is pretty cool as well.So I think that Catfish: The TV Show is just OK,but nothing special.

This is why social networking can be dangerous!

The reason why I find this reality show intersting is that it shows how dangerous it is to go onto Facebook or any other social network. You don't know if the person who seems to be interested in you is the autual person online. This show, in a way, is like a detective reality show. I don't normally watch shows on MTV, but this one is an "OK" show for people who are reality show fans.

Not ok for kids

This is banned in my house. My sister has seen this and it's inaproppriate.