All parent member reviews for Charlie and Lola

Parent of a 3 year old Written byChert July 29, 2009

We watch it again and again, happily.

The Minnow doesn't watch much television. When she does, it is usually a Charlie and Lola. Eleven minutes of pure fantastic fun. Great graphics, great music, no wacky antics or hit-you-over-the-head lessons. Just a five-ish year-old girl and her nine-ish year-old brother, using their imaginations to enjoy themselves. Lola can't check out the library book she loves and Charlie helps her choose another one. Lola wants to be the bigger one so she can go on the big kid amusement park ride and Charlie pretends to be the little brother so she can see how it feels. Lola wants it to snow every day and Charlie takes her on an imaginary trip to the North and South Poles. Lola and her friend Lotta want to play pretend and Lola has forgotten her suitcase of props. They search the house for other things to pretend with. It's the right mix of simple stories, totally believable emotions, and compelling graphics (all done in black crayon and collage).
Parent of a 5 year old Written byBPBury1970 January 19, 2011

Toddler through kindergarten; older kids won't be as interested

My 5 year old son loved this when he was 2-4, but he doesn't watch it much anymore. He hasn't dismissed it as too young for him, but I can see that coming soon. It's a really neat show in that these are kids with actual personalities who are fun to watch. Because they use actual kids for the voices, they change actors every so often. To me the writing has diminished in quality from the first few seasons (yes, I'm seriously saying that), and I kind of identify the quality of the show with which voice actors are doing the work. "Oh, this is the first Charlie. It's pretty good." The earliest seasons have the most charm and character to them. They're just very pleasant to watch.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysmi34563 June 26, 2009

Great for my toddler & I like it too.

Role models for healthy sibling relationships and young friendships. There is an added plus of culture b/c it's a brit family. My almost three year old loves their funny personalities. It's a show that I def don't mind watching with her! The books are wonderful too.
Parent Written byjillschmill September 14, 2010

Have to admit, I've watched it when my kid isn't home! It's that good.

I absolutely love this show. I recommend it to anyone who has more than one child, as theirs is a beautiful sibling relationship without being corny. It's creative, sweet, sincere, and makes my daughter laugh out loud. Plus, each episode is only 12 minutes long!
Parent of a 4, 4, and 7 year old Written bymagasalee January 30, 2011
Adult Written bygpf628 April 9, 2008

I really enjoy watching this with my child

Charlie and Lola is a wonderful show. My son is 6 and still enjoys watching it. Great family tv
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byRose Upstate NY March 29, 2011

Wonderful sibling lessons

Love the interaction between the older brother Charlie and younger sister Lola. Great values of patience, friendship, and imagination. Very bright and playful shows where the brother helps the sister navigate everyday life issues... cat stuck in tree, busy best friend, not liking hair cuts, scarred of thunderstorms, etc. Enjoyed by both boys and girls. And the English accent adds charm.
Adult Written byAsc November 19, 2009

Perfect for all ages

Love it, especially their caring loving attitude for each other. The accent is compelling.
Adult Written bygezellig_girl April 9, 2008
Parent of a 3 year old Written byscarequotes July 9, 2009
Parent of a 3, 5, and 12 year old Written bymydaughtersalad... July 7, 2009
Adult Written byAngela33 April 9, 2008
My daughter's sister really likes this show.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bynfrancis July 17, 2009
Adult Written byshantarunell April 9, 2008

enjoyable and imaginative

charlie and lola is one of my daughter's favorite "cartoon spot" in the mornings - I have to admit that I love them as well. If you like the cartoons - the books are great as well - and the author has other characters to enjoy!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byhiphaven July 7, 2010

irresistible

most unique and refreshing video's we have seen, started watching this at two years of age and still going strong.
Adult Written bylilredhen5 April 9, 2008

Charming, quality program for children of all ages

The Charlie & Lola series is wonderful. Lola can be a bit impetuous at times, but overall, this is a very sweet and innocent series. It portrays a caring relationship between a brother and his little sister. I enjoy watching this program with my children. I like the fact that it has not been too "Americanized", because it gives me a chance for us to discuss how words, etc, differ from country to country. I highly recommend this program for children age 3 to 103 :)
Adult Written bycourtwork September 18, 2013

Delightful and creative for all ages

Charlie and Lola is adorable and fun. My daughter is 7; We just discovered this show, and she loves it. She laughs so hard at Lola's antics. The show is creative, and the siblings treat each other with love and kindness. In fact, I like it when both of my kids watch so they see how kind Charlie and Lola are to one another. According to Lola, Charlie hangs the moon. She doesn't pester him, and he is always kind and loving toward her. The producers manage to convey this without making the characters campy or non believable. The content is always creative, believable, and humorous, with a cast of lovable characters. I highly recommend this quality program.
Parent of a 1, 3, 4, 4, 7, and 8 year old Written byKelsyKin October 29, 2010
Parent of a 3 year old Written byLibelle January 23, 2010
Adult Written byliefde1 April 9, 2008

nice show

This is a good show and very sweet. Charlie shows a lot of patience for his younger sister Lola and thinks of creative ways to get her to understand things and feel better. I like to watch it with my son. The series of books are good, too, but a little wordy for younger children.