Kid reviews for Chasing Life

Conversation-starter drama has hopeful message.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessOso16 August 14, 2014

Great show

This show is really good, I think common sense media have the age rating right with 14+. It's a great show with good role models and can be happy, sad and funny all in one episode, I wouldn't let a child under 14 watch it though because of all the conversations about sex, they never show anything more than kissing in bed but there is a lot of talk about it.There is a lot of drinking as well, mostly from adults but sometimes Aprils teenage sister, also some young children might not like all the talk about cancer and the parts that take place in the hospital. There is also one episode where the main character April,who is normally a good role model, and a rich man around the same age as her steal a car and don't worry about it because they know they won't be arrested as they both have cancer, which is later shown to be correct, in my opinion I wouldn't want a child watching that part.

Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2014

Great show with a positive message

This show is very emotional so some people may cry every episode but the show is not only about cancer it is also about the relationships with the characters. This show is no fantasy and is about things that happen to people in real life. The season finale has very uneventful but had a great cliffhanger at the end. I am very pleased with this show. Me and my friends watch it together every Tuesday night and at the end of every episode somebody is crying. It is the kind of show you can watch before you go to bed and dream about. This show has a great message and at the same time always has you on the edge of your seat.

Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2014

classic

i have just started watching the show and it is really good. theres some iffy parts but i recommend age 12+.
Kid, 8 years old July 4, 2015

Very racy, interesting mature show deals with cancer.

RACY CONTENT/ 4/5 Several love scenes throughout the series some shown some isn't, lots of racy conversations, references, kissing, etc. LANGUAGE 3/5 infrequent sometimes strong language. VIOLENCE 0/5. DRINKING, SMOKING, AND DRUGS 3/5 SOME DRINKING AND DRUG REFERENCES. My rating:R for strong racy content throughout, brief strong language, and drug references.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 July 2, 2014

Sad and dramatic abc new drama is sure to draw in teens

This sad and dramatic show about a girls journey through cancer and finding love is actually really appealing and fun to watch. While entertaining, is it appropriate for teens? That's for you to decide. Content: sex: 5/10- lots of discussions of sex and when and where it happens. A mom is shown with her blouse undone and over a man. A woman is shown the morning after with a man in bed with sheets covering nudity. Making out is intense. A woman is shown in her bra. Violence: 0/10 none (some disturbing content due to cancer) Profanity: 3/10- hell and damn used regularly as is ass in an insult. My rating: pg-13 Disturbing and thematic material, sexual content, sexuality, innuendo, sex reference, some language, and alcohol, all relating to cancer patients.

Teen, 15 years old Written byA1R7N May 14, 2017

Different but good teen drama

I think this show was very good. There is a little bit of language and is some drinking but the mother always says how wrong it is. Some people may find this very sad though but I definitely would watch it. If you're under the age recommendation then maybe watch with a guardian it sets up really good and important conversations.