Parent reviews for Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life

Chip ‘n’ Dale: Park Life Poster Image

Awful. I've episode depicts about 10 ways to hide a body? Very very gruesome and detailed

Better than Expected

First, this show has our 5yo laughing hysterically, and that’s really all that matters. Is it offbeat? Yep. It’s animated like Ren & Stimpy meets Japanese anime, but non-verbal. There is a lot of slapstick comedy, sight gags, etc., but nothing worse than most WB Bugs Bunny cartoons of old. For example, I don’t think a child is going to confuse an owl’s face covered in raspberry juice with an owl covered in blood when the bitten raspberry is literally shown in the next scene. Simple cause and effect. Younger kids won’t get the joke , but older kids and adults do. Lastly, Chip and Dale have always been mischievous rodents, and not the best role models, so if you were expecting Mickey’s Clubhouse, you’ll be let down. If you’re looking for something silly and irreverent, give it a try.

Shocked and Disturbed

What censors in their right minds green lit this cartoon for age 7? All of the content is decidedly sarcastic and mature...and one episode in particular, I believe it is Acorn Brains, exhibited a stunningly perverse story of violence lightly cloaked in innoncence that Disney should be sued over. It's CHIP and DALE! There is NO WAY sequences like that should be allowed in children's content. As a parent I unwittingly trusted this name as a safe and innocuous entertainment choice instead I could have turned on any cable horror movie or show and gotten similar content.

Meh

The animation style is definately different than what you're used to seeing from Disney. Nothing bad or wrong about any of the animation, just a little on-purpose "ugly." The characters don't speak in this show and there isn't really any substance to the first episode at least. They are friends. They hang out together, get into a bit of mischief, solve thier issue (but not in an educational way necessarily), and are friends again at the end. It's silly nonsense, which is just ... fine. It's not killing brain cells, but it's not developing minds either. Hence, Meh.

Over-modern looks and bizarre suggestions

First, I don’t understand why Disney is bringing this modern looks to its classic characters. It kills all the magic around theis so beloved characters. First they did it to Mickey and his gang. Now, Chip and Dale. Really, what’s the problem with the classic looks? Besides that, my major concern is about the third act of the first episode. We all know Chip and Dale are two chipmunk brothers, who share a life together, even their “love interests”. In classic cartoons they were both into Clarice, and in Rescue Rangers, into Gadget. Now suddenly we see them both licking a nut together, or making a romantic table for two to share a nut, or other animals getting inspired by their love, or something like that. Whaaat? I know it’s a comedy show, but Come On! They are brothers!!! And even if they weren’t… This is way far too bizarre for my kids to watch! That’s not the way Chip and Dale were supposed to be going.