Parent reviews for CoComelon

CoComelon Poster Image

Addicting and hypnotic

We originally thought this was great for my 1 year old then realized she very quickly became addicted! It’s not just the constant singing but the vivid colors and constant movement. I’m now banning it for my LO. It’s extremely unhealthy for littles! My 5 yo used to watch a baby channel and never was addicted like this this. It became shockingly concerning to see my baby have depression over the show not being on.
9 people found this helpful.

Do not let your toddlers zone out to this show, it will cause much harm to their development

The scenes focus for less than 2 seconds (recommendation is 4 for toddlers), and the camera is constantly moving. This keeps small kids’ brains engaged but not interacting, more like hypnosis, so they become addicted to the screen. This can cause developmental delays like late speech and problems focusing. The consumerism is real with all of the Cocomelon products. Don't do it. Let them watch literally anything else.

6 people found this helpful.

Too overstimulating

I have only started introducing my baby daughter to tv. I had heard negative things about coco melon. I had put on a programme for her and cocomelon came on straight after it. She was instantly drawn to it and hooked like I’d never seen her with anything else. I immediately turned it over. It is 100% too overstimulating. I recommend CBeebies for your little ones. A lot of the programmes are educational and have lovely messages about sharing and being kind. Cocomelon is way too overstimulating. I will never let her watch it.
3 people found this helpful.

Addicting for babies for the wrong reasons

I am not a parent yet, but I have babysat enough to know that Cocomelon is very popular among new, young parents and to have watched my fair share of episodes. And it’s not surprising. Sometimes Cocomelon is the only thing that can calm a kid down. I have many problems with Cocomelon. Overall, I think it’s an incredibly strange show. But my main issue is that it paints white, upper-middle-class families with an inhuman amount of love, affection, and patience as the norm. Not that small children should be exposed to “real world problems,” but I think this cartoon fantasy world where there are no problems and everything is “perfect” is why it tends to calm kids down so much. At the very least, I wish there were more diversity in the show and that it played less into gender stereotypes.

3 people found this helpful.

I recommend you watching something else other than this. This is consumerism.

3 people found this helpful.

There's WAT better out there.

Besides the ease of access with Netflix and YouTube- there's nothing else that's good about this set of songs.they have several songs just because there's about 6 different melodies(wheels on the bus, bingo etc) in total that they change the lyrics to and then call them new songs... it's AWFUL. Coco melon is not the only baby music out there...look for something different

Certain bad behavior

Out of all the kids I’ve met or raised that watched this show, (they are mostly no longer allowed to watch it) learned to scream no at any figure of authority. Not just a child saying no because it’s something easy that they can say, rather a child becoming very defiant and disrespectful. I had a child who was very nice with just a few hiccups start to blatantly scream and shout no no no I don’t want to . If you were to tell the child that they couldn’t have or do something that was the response just like the show and they would go and do whatever. They would ask for a food and once it was ready would scream no no no … and until you basically sang an episode and said was good for them 4 times While it incoherently teaches defiance it does however help with talking and counting. It just comes at a very annoying price.

Consumerism and addicting

The scenes focus for less than 2 seconds (recommendation is 4 for toddlers), and the camera is constantly moving. This keeps small kids’ brains engaged but not interacting, more like hypnosis, so they become addicted and then want the cocomelon products.

2 people found this helpful.
Is there any cartoon serial killers?
1 person found this helpful.
There are comments saying there are no other races even though the third section of the first episode is about family and when a black family moves in next door they continue singing “my pets your pets, my family your family.” I really like this show for kids i’ve babysat. They learn the importance of listening and paying attention to adults and they learn shapes and other important things as well. As a christian this show has no secular information and would highly recommend!

1 person found this helpful.