All parent member reviews for Crash & Bernstein

Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byjenmom23 February 12, 2013

Teaches bad lessons

My kids (8 yr olds) have been watching this for 2-3 episodes now and while I am not a huge fan of potty humor, I know there are far worse things. This seems cute on the surface, sort of a modern day Alf. Adventures of a boy and his sarcastic puppet brother...lots of slapstick antics (flying in and out of windows, tackling bad guys, etc) are possible because of Crash being a puppet rather than a person. However, last night we watched an episode that has caused me to not let my kids record this anymore. In order to get out of an annoying relationship with neighbors they boy, the puppet and the mother go to have a 'breakup' conversation. When the neighbos don't quite get the message Crash destroys an entire studio worth of their handmade pottery--in front of the mother--and to their laughter and delight. I kept waiting for the show to wrap up with an apology, a lesson or some sort of moral to the story but it didn't happen. There are no consequences and he is hailed as the hero for taking care of the problem. This is NOT a message moral parents want their kids to learn. Very disappointed and no longer leaving this show on my approved list.
Parent of a 2 and 8 year old Written byAlamedaParent November 20, 2013

Violent, brash, and awful—run screaming

Even in Disney XD's bizarro world of broad, inappropriate comedy, gender, ethnic, and racial stereotypes, and sexualized pre-teen girls, this show is a standout for its almost shocking awfulness. The entire concept of the show is a bit puzzling; it's a show that features adult situations, boy-girl relationships, and wildly inappropriate, at times violent behavior, but its main character is a puppet—who is this show for? Oh, and that puppet. Certainly the show goes out of its way to remind us that, hey, this is a puppet here, folks—don't do what he does. That's because they have to, as the puppet is relentlessly, almost psychotically awful, a rude, crude, aggressive, confrontational nightmare. But for me, the show's violence is the final straw. A recently aired episode features the puppet challenging a Rambo-like movie action hero to a fight. The adult actually accepted, the fight actually happened and, after what seemed like an eternity, it climaxed with said adult ripping the arms, legs, and head off the puppet—are you KIDDING me, Disney XD? This show is a sugary bowl of violence and deplorable behavior—there's nothing for kids here but empty calories. Avoid.
Parent Written byratethis June 24, 2013

horribly immature!

this show is completely rude and immature, it's just full of screaming and violence "face slam" is crash's favriot saying in wich he flys at your head, this show is just so stupid i felt like i was getting dumber after watching one episode! and positive role modles? NO! unless you want your kids to break, scream, and just be distructive! don't waist your time with it!
Parent of a 6 year old Written byPugMom2323 January 9, 2013

Mom likes it too!

I think its a really funny show and my 6yr old son LOVES it. We watch it together. It reminds me of some of the old Muppet Show sketches at times, with mild puppet 'violence' but it's really just silly physical gags. All in all, I think it's a great new show for Disney and am happy to see something for younger children that isn't animated.
Parent Written byShannonS 2 May 16, 2015